Australian Team Fund Account

All I keep reading is what the Bowling Industry/Owners/Proprietors do for Tenpin Bowling.

Unfortunately, other people have said, and there right. These people dont need TBA, Tournament Bowling, League Bowling etc. There major focus is social play. Thats were the $ is. Sound Business So when it comes down to supporting Tenpin Bowling at a National level. Apart from a small % the large majority of these people arent the solution they are the major part of the problem & if people change there thinking (the above especially) this sport will DIE a slow death at the Tournament & National level.

A lot of people in this thread seem to have things ass about here.
Firstly, league bowling is still a very important segment of the income stream for most centres. What people are missing though, is this very simple fact:

If TBA shut down tomorrow, I would not lose a single league bowler in my centre.

TBA do not set up, look after, control or otherwise support leagues in my centre in any way. It is as simple as that. If there was no TBA, Nationals would go down the gurgler, but I will guarantee that someone somewhere will pop up with a replacement - look at the success of the Holt carnival. Can anyone point to a single other national tournament that would be affected? Would the K&K, for example, suddenly stop for lack of accreditation? I think not.

We would have no international reps, and no Nationals. That would be it, and the effect on the vast majority of Australias bowlers would be exactly nothing. Oh wait - they would save $20 a year.

The present TBA is simply irrelevant to the business of bowling, and is barely relevant to the sport of bowling. At least some of the proprieters recognise this, and also recognise that it is not good for the SPORT of bowling.

A healthy TBA can - and should - do a lot to help to restore league and tournament bowling towards former levels of participation. The "image" of the sport is critical for this. When leagues are strong they are more fun - and more challenging - to bowl in. When bowling has a good profile as a sport, league bowlers can feel good about being inviolved in a "real" sport. It's an intangible benefit, but it is real.

The true failing of the TBA can be summed up by this observation:

The current Ladies World Champion and Male Amatuer Bowler of the Year are both Australian, and not only does the average australian Joe Public not know, NEITHER DO THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEAGUE BOWLERS!!!

Go ask any kid in any sport who is in the Aussie team for their sport - I bet 90% of them can tell you. Except in bowling, Australias best kept secret sport.

Except maybe in Orange. ;)

Go ask any kid in any sport who is in the Aussie team for their sport - I bet 90% of them can tell you. Except in bowling, Australias best kept secret sport.
Except maybe in Orange. ;)

No doubt it is because it is not well publised, but maybe also it's due to the fact that the make up of the teams seem to change so often.

Back
Top Bottom