Australian Team Fund Account

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood - 'da cowman' in his post spelt it 'Rockway'. I feel that this is surely lack of promotion/advertising or interest in 'Rachuig' and the loss of the prestige of this great event and for Walter Rachuig himself.

Flower

Getting the new ( unknowing) league bowler to pay TBA fees seems simple enough!!
Getting the older (knowing) league bowler to pay TBA fees a little harder!!!
Getting the older league bowler to pay TBA fees + a levy to help some one else go to tournaments!!.... good luck!!
I personally would,nt pay a levy because the rep and tourny bowlers choose to do so at their own expense, knowing full well what its going to cost why should the once a week league bowler be accountable.....

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood - 'da cowman' in his post spelt it 'Rockway'. I feel that this is surely lack of promotion/advertising or interest in 'Rachuig' and the loss of the prestige of this great event and for Walter Rachuig himself.
Flower

I do apologise there. Jwhitty is right. I always get the u and i around the wrong way and was typing as i thought without really going back through it. Which I probably should have done.

Later Da Cowman!

I think the biggest problem is we have two completely different organisations 'runnng' our sport.

One is trying to find money from nowhere to fund movements forward in our sport. The other is trying to scrape every last cent out of everyone that walks into their doors.

Would it be lovely if the latter could realise that increased promotion of our sport at the highest level is much more productive form of advertising then always meaning fun? People see stuff on the TV and think that looks alright, I might go have a go. Big example. When Brett and Shane Lee were in the Aussie cricket team. The Oak Flats Rats (their home club here in The Illawarra) experienced a massive growth in young kids wanting to play and be the next Brett or Shane.

When will it stop being all about the fun, and just a little about the Sport?

If these two bodies could come to an agreement. Whether it be a 10c levy on every game, or a registration fee for eveyone who bowls. Not just us league bowlers. Then maybe, we could actually start raising some money for the governing body to be able to subsidise Rockway, Youth, Shield and Australian teams. Then if we are lucky enough, these tournaments, especially Rockway, can return to it's former greatness...

Later Da Cowman!

by the way cow, in QLD the TBAQ have a great promotional tool (BECAUSE ALL CENTRES WORK TOGETHER) they are able to have a state body that goes around to every school and increases sport participation through making known that bowling is not just an activity but a sport (Kelly warren and Gail Torrens have increased participation by hundreds of bowlers.) I'm sure every state could benefit from this if they wanted to adopt this but no one seems interested. I know Qld is doing its fair share of promotion how about any other state?!?

Getting the new ( unknowing) league bowler to pay TBA fees seems simple enough!!
Getting the older (knowing) league bowler to pay TBA fees a little harder!!!
Getting the older league bowler to pay TBA fees + a levy to help some one else go to tournaments!!.... good luck!!
I personally would,nt pay a levy because the rep and tourny bowlers choose to do so at their own expense, knowing full well what its going to cost why should the once a week league bowler be accountable.....

EXACTLY - thats why i thought maybe we could have ranked tournaments across the board making a little subsidy THESE ARE THE PEOPLE ROLLING OFF! Its not total contribution cause there are three rep teams to support(youth,adult,senior) but this could ease the way financial for those people who are damn good at this sport and don't have a mum or dad to help them pay for it, for those people who struggle with cost of living even thou their sport means alot to them and they bloody enjoy it.

If every other sport can have funding why can't we work together and figure out away to support this sport we all so called 'love' so why don't we do something to fix it-CAUSE I KNOW people wouldn't bowl unless they enjoyed it!

My bad re the spelling of Rachuig, Rachiug, Rockway)

I only skipped through the topic and hadnt read it all properly.

Understand now, agree an apologise!

The only problem targeting the ranked tournaments is that you are targeting the people who are already spending $600-$1000 going to each of these tournaments and they are the same ones that are normally spending $1,000's representing there State in Rachuig, Shield or Seniors. Some of these people are struggling to meet the costs for this privilige. And as most of your Australian Reps dont bowl Rachuig they dont have that expense do they.

They don't bowl rachuig because they bowl for there state in other tournaments (Such As Shield, Youth etc.).

And with the Ranked touranments having a small percentage such as 1% no one is going to notice?? from a $150 entry fee its $1.5 ??even if its $200 its only $2... why is that so expensive? Why does that make the tournament so unaffordable?

Great Idea Krystal & it is time someone put some original thought in a way to help TBA to raise the funds needed.....I can't see a couple of $$ stopping anyone from bowling a tournament.

Instead of continually screwing the bowlers over that continually fork out more & more money, why not target every person that walks through the door of a bowling centre. People keep talking about "new money" being needed to fund or sponsor the sport.

Why not introduce a scheme where a levy on each game bowled in each centre is returned to the National body to fund:-

Promoting the sport properly
National Teams
State Teams (Adult, Youth, Juniors & Seniors)
Training Camps
Tournaments
etc.

Even a small levy of 5c a game would raise a huge amount a year. As with any levy introduced, its an extra fee that would'nt affect the profits of the businees collecting it.

i think thats a good idea... that can be a great idea to raise money for everything else...

BUT I'm talking about Australian Team Funding!! You can't tell me that half of the bowlers that make Rachuig aren't Youth or Jnr or Snr!!!!

AND you can't tell me that the Adult Australian Rep team doesn't usually consists of some youth bowlers.

Everyone has their own expenses.. For the purpose of raising fund for the Australian Teams (Not state teams, training camps, promotion, etc).. Targetting ranked tournaments directly BENEFITS these people!

And by funding them to rep their country isn't 'screwing them over'!

i think thats a good idea... that can be a great idea to raise money for everything else...
BUT I'm talking about Australian Team Funding!! You can't tell me that half of the bowlers that make Rachuig aren't Youth or Jnr or Snr!!!!

For one,

Juniors are'nt allowed to bowl Rachuig.
Youth & Seniors have there own National comps as well.
Probably why Rachuig numbers are dropping over the last 10 years.
That and the fact it cost anywhere between $1,500-$3,000 to bowl Rachuig depending on where in the country you come from.

AND you can't tell me that the Adult Australian Rep team doesn't usually consists of some youth bowlers.

From what Ive seen most in the Australian Teams would be over 23 wouldnt they.

Everyone has their own expenses.. For the purpose of raising fund for the Australian Teams (Not state teams, training camps, promotion, etc).. Targetting ranked tournaments directly BENEFITS these people!

Well if your going to put a fund raising scheme in place why not set your sights high.
Everybody in the past has been complaining about "ELITE" bowlers.
My suggestion was to try to incorperate a scheme where all levels (including the Aust Reps) could financially benifit. Not just the "ELITE" of the "ELITE".

And by funding them to rep their country isn't 'screwing them over'!

The "screwing them over" comment was in relation to the average tournament bowler that turns up to tournaments all the time knowing that they will never quite be good enough to represent their country.
Only a few select few will have that honour. Nothing to do with the at those that represent their country.

Youth & Seniors have there own National comps as well.
Just checked the Rachuig listing, most of the bowlers are youth bowlers, and they are bowling their own youth state teams aswell (this is a EXTRA COST which make it a little less feasible to also afford to make the australian team)
For the purpose of this topic - WHICH IS FUNDING AUSTRALIAN REP TEAMS... not training camps or state teams etc. Targeting ranked tournaments is a feasible idea AND logical.
For those bowlers who continuously bowl tournaments and know that they wont get much out of it OBVIOUSLY know that they are supporting the sport by increasing the numbers in tournaments why not let them help our Australian Rep Teams. Its inexpensive and they wont even notice the extra 1% - Even in the most expensive tournament its only going to be an extra $2.5 (HARDLY ANYTHING PER PERSON).
Your talking about a levy that includes everyone -which in includes social bowlers, whom majority don't even give two rats about the sport anyway, why not let people who actually enjoy and care about the sport support it in a way that actually makes a difference.

For those bowlers who continuously bowl tournaments and know that they wont get much out of it OBVIOUSLY know that they are supporting the sport by increasing the numbers in tournaments why not let them help our Australian Rep Teams. Its inexpensive and they wont even notice the extra 1% - Even in the most expensive tournament its only going to be an extra $2.5 (HARDLY ANYTHING PER PERSON).
Well put Krystal. Cheers buddy :Lighten:

For those bowlers who continuously bowl tournaments and know that they wont get much out of it OBVIOUSLY know that they are supporting the sport by increasing the numbers in tournaments why not let them help our Australian Rep Teams. Its inexpensive and they wont even notice the extra 1% - Even in the most expensive tournament its only going to be an extra $2.5 (HARDLY ANYTHING PER PERSON)..

Doesnt matter whether they will notice the difference or not. Your still screwing more money out of the same people that already spend thousands of dollars a year to keep the tournament scene going.

Your talking about a levy that includes everyone -which in includes social bowlers, whom majority don't even give two rats about the sport anyway, why not let people who actually enjoy and care about the sport support it in a way that actually makes a difference.

Thats the best part. Joe Public walks into a bowling ctre with his kids & bowls 6 games. He doesnt even realise that a small % of what he pays over the counter is going back the the National Body as a form of sponsorship does he.

Anyway, I've had a gutful of this. If you come up with an alternative way of raising money to benifit more than just a select 20-25 people im all for it. But until then I think the current idea is absurd.

:(:(:(:(:(

Hate to be a cynic.

Your ideas great - for raising money for everything. If your so confident in it why don't you actually make TBA aware??

I believe in my idea and I'm going to see if TBA do to.

Good luck with bowling.

CHEERS
Krystal

Just checked the Rachuig listing, most of the bowlers are youth bowlers, and they are bowling their own youth state teams aswell (this is a EXTRA COST which make it a little less feasible to also afford to make the australian team)

- it all comes down to CHOICE -YOU choose to bowl Rachuig, Youth or Both, and by making that choice YOU ACCEPT that extra costs will be incurred. Nobody makes anybody bowl anything they don't WANT, nor can AFFORD to bowl in......

Lets see theres 12 Nationally ranked Mens Tournaments a year. Female Nationally ranked tournaments a year, lets say 8 for arguments sake.

MENS
12 Tournaments
Average number bowlers per tournament 100
Average entry fee per tournament $250

12 x 100 x $250 = $300,000

WOMENS
8 Tournaments
Average number bowlers per tournament 50

8 x 50 x $250 = $100,000

Total $400,000 x 1% levy you suggested = $4,000

Send 6 Men & 6 Women away in the year.

$4,000 divided by 12 bowlers = $333.00 each

That would pay your whole trip if the World Championships were being bowled on Kangaroo Island. You were all going by bus. And you staying a 12 man tent at the local Caravan Park.

But if its costing each bowler around $5,000 to travel to the back blocks of Europe or South America to bowl.
I agree with your statement you keep bringing up. "THEY WOULD HARDLY NOTICE

Lets see theres 12 Nationally ranked Mens Tournaments a year. Female Nationally ranked tournaments a year, lets say 8 for arguments sake.
MENS
12 Tournaments
Average number bowlers per tournament 100
12 x 100 x $250 = $300,000
WOMENS
8 Tournaments
Average number bowlers per tournament 50
8 x 50 x $250 = $100,000
Total $400,000 x 1% levy you suggested = $4,000
Send 6 Men & 6 Women away in the year.
$4,000 divided by 12 bowlers = $333.00 each
That would pay your whole trip if the World Championships were being bowled on Kangaroo Island. You were all going by bus. And you staying a 12 man tent at the local Caravan Park.
But if its costing each bowler around $5,000 to travel to the back blocks of Europe or South America to bowl.
I agree with your statement you keep bringing up. "THEY WOULD HARDLY NOTICE
i think its sad how people like you mate shoot people down when they are trying to come up with ideas to improve the sport.

This sport needs more people who are as passionate about the sport as krystal is. Her idea may or may not be the perfect soulition but at least she has the guts to put something out there that she believes in.

I think thats half the problem with this sport atm theres too many people who sit back and be critcal but dont actually come up with too many soultions themselves.

Back
Top Bottom