Australian Team Fund Account

Couldn't agree with you more Cam.S,
Don't give up Krystal, but i think your fighting a loosing battle.
Cindyd.

Really, I know this topic is all about Australian Team Funding. But really not too many people care about that. I'd rather start concentrating on the rest of the Australian tournament scene than the select few, and I mean few that rep Aus.!
We have enough trouble trying to fill our own tournaments than filling others overseas!

People should look at tournaments like Rachuig, one which has been DEAD for years........

Put a GST on games that every bowler being social or league bowl in, like Rob has said maybe 5 cents per game around the country and start funding the countries tournaments whether it be Jnr, Snr etc.... , each state can control there own!

cheers

Tony

Couldn't agree with you more Cam.S,
Don't give up Krystal, but i think your fighting a loosing battle.
Cindyd.
Well said Cindy and Cam.

Krystal is talking about Australian Team Funding. If people want to side track with Rachuig etc., start another thread.

Really, I know this topic is all about Australian Team Funding. But really not too many people care about that. I'd rather start concentrating on the rest of the Australian tournament scene than the select few, and I mean few that rep Aus.!
We have enough trouble trying to fill our own tournaments than filling others overseas!

People should look at tournaments like Rachuig, one which has been DEAD for years........

Put a GST on games that every bowler being social or league bowl in, like Rob has said maybe 5 cents per game around the country and start funding the countries tournaments whether it be Jnr, Snr etc.... , each state can control there own!

cheers

Tony
I'm glad someone else shares this idea, whether it be 5 cents 10 cents watever it is. Its a way TBA and the state assoications can have a decent income stream and once they have that we wont have the case where our countries best dont have to pay thousands for the honour of wearing the green and gold.

Two important questions to be asked here:

Who is going to have the power to enforce all bowling proprietors to introduce and collect this charge against all games sold in thier centres.

How then would that body be able to establish what exactly a centre needs to pay them. I would like you to show me any business willing to throw open their books for another body to look at in order to take a slice of the takings.

I think their is merit in the idea of having a levy against all games including social games as a way of funding the National Body.

The problem I see with this idea is how you are going to get all proprietors to allow a body (TBA) that has absolutely no power whatsoever in the industry to introduce a levy on their livelihoods to fund itself.

It would also seem unlikely this would happen due to the current way the TBA is looked upon in the industry. Credibility is a big problem with the current TBA structure and as the existing setup has not changed much and obviously has failed up to now to reinvigorate our sport, I doubt whether the proprietors would be willing to provide them with such a sum of money without a full over hall of the TBA's existing structure.

It would also seem unlikely this would happen due to the current way the TBA is looked upon in the industry...
I agree, it's not going to happen. Proprietors don't need the national body, social bowlers come and play and they would still play if it didn't have a governing body.

What's in it for AMF to cough up even one cent per game (which would add up nationally very quickly) ?

Absolutely nothing. Most centres seem to prefer their social play over the cheaper rated events anyway.

Aside from the (lack of) value, what right does TBA have to impose a fee on any business for selling the same product they've been selling for decades?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea in itself, but it's not practical. Businesses don't just give away a share of the profits for no return...

EDIT: On further reflection;

Under that model, would the Football Federation Australia have the right to impose a fee on all sports shops who sell balls/shorts/boots/gloves? Or can the PGA impose a fee on all stores that sell clubs? Or even (still on the PGA) impose a fee on the clubs who let we hacks play a round? Nope. That's what match fees and green fees are for, respectively.

It would also seem unlikely this would happen due to the current way the TBA is looked upon in the industry. .
Terry
Regardless of the merits of a fund and with all due respect, where do you get your information? Who do YOU consider the industry? If you mean the bowling proprietors, then I suggest your comment is unfounded. The ABPA and AMF are fully supports TBA and its direction.

Who really gives a rats what they do in footy or golf. Were talking Tenpin Bowling. If your so inerested in whats happened in golf & footy jump on the AFL & PGA sites and haunt them. Personally I dont give a flying ****. Do we have to do the same as every other sport.

And I also agree Terry & Jeff 100% that nothing will ever happen for those exact reasons.

Cam, Your wrote:-

"This sport needs more people who are as passionate about the sport as krystal is. Her idea may or may not be the perfect soulition but at least she has the guts to put something out there that she believes in."

Maybe you should read the whole thread instead of shooting ya mouth off.
I seem to recall I put something on here also. May not be perfect either. Dont see any suggestions from you. Just knocking the S.H.I.T. out of people that have posted ideas.

As I said before, and I'll say it again. For those who's attention span cant last long enough to read the whole thread.
If you are going to put a fund raising scheme in place it needs to benifit more than just the ELITE of the ELITE bowlers. At least some suggestions would benifit all levels of bowling.

If ive offended anyone.

TUFF. SUCK IT UP.

P.S.

Cindy and Feral.

You really need to get some of your own ideas & not just agree with everyone else.

Chin
you need to take a panadol.
This is an open forum, all are entitled to have a say, and just because all dont agree with you - chill out.

Chin just wondering are you a tournament bowler. If so may i ask what your average is and do you have dreams of representing Australia?
Cindyd

yeah Chin, who are you !
Mmmm come on speak up........

Are you a tournament bowler or what!

cheers

Tony

P.S. although I know for a fact he has just made his what is it Robert, 18th Rachuig team this year......how many people can say that !!!!

Chin just wondering are you a tournament bowler. If so may i ask what your average is and do you have dreams of representing Australia?
Cindyd

This is an example of why bowling as a 'sport' has become a thing of the past. Even our proprietors have no idea of bowling's history within Australia.

Chin (Robert Chinner) has represented SA in Rachuig for almost two decades and yet we have a proprietor asking him if he's a bowler. Sorry Cindy, but you need to understand that our sport is more than glow-in-the-dark bumper bowling. That's business, but without someone to put on a pedestal and admire, we're doomed to extinction.

The bottom line is the TBA NEEDS money..and lots of it. Simple registration fees won't even come near to being enough to fund the programmes that will see our sport thrive past this decade. Bowling's future is in the hands of today's youth. They need direction, as well as heroes...And in order to make heroes, there must be fully funded overseas trips for our best bowlers to compete alongside the world's best...

We've lost Belmo to the almighty dollar. and even though I'm fairly certain that he bowls more for pride than for money, even he couldn't justify staying in Australia to bowl in a circuit where only the top two or three bowlers come out in the black.

I can envision a $50 yearly TBA registration fee in the not so distant future, and I will happily pay it. Personally I don't care what the TBA gives back to the average bowler. I just want to see the children of tomorrow have the opportunity that I did. I've met thousands of great people through bowling, and almost every one of my close friends are or were bowlers. I've gotten to travel the world, doing what I enjoy and even though I'm no Belmo...I've enjoyed every minute of it..good game or bad..win or lose..
It's a life I would never change.

Chins a hero to thousands!!(to us Mt gambier kids back in the day anyone who could throw a couple 190's was a star, we weren't real fussy!!:D)

Chin
you need to take a panadol.
This is an open forum, all are entitled to have a say, and just because all dont agree with you - chill out.

Thats right Brenda it is an open forum. And i've had my say. Krystal and I have been having a wonderful time corresponding on this thread then you get some little snot on here that hasnt even taken the time to read the whole thread obviously before he goes off 1/2 cocked.

Cindyd

Yes Cindy,

Been bowling 30 years. I still bowl a few tournaments a year. Dont travel as much as I did 10-20 years ago due to some structural problems. Currently hold a 215 average. As Strop has said, represented S.A. 18 times in Rachuig. Done my time on State Associations. Also spent quite a few years as Tournament Director in the old ATBA (Australian Tournament Bowlers Association) days in the 80's & 90's.
And representing Australia. No. Even if I was good enough it would never happen because I tend to say what I think. And from personal experience in this sport that normally gets you into trouble and overlooked.

Hope that helps explain why I shouldnt have an opinion.

I can envision a $50 yearly TBA registration fee in the not so distant future, and I will happily pay it. .
you will be the only one, i know some top line bowlers who have bowled for australia & don't even bother anymore because the know nothing will happen

Do we have to do the same as every other sport./QUOTE]

Are these and many other sports successful?

We may not have to do the same but we could / should look at what they are doing to be as successful as they are.

Rob

you will be the only one, i know some top line bowlers who have bowled for australia & don't even bother anymore because the know nothing will happen
Well actually he wont be the only one, I will willingly pay it too. I find it hard to accept that many bowlers pay up to $300 for a ball or three but are unwilling to support a National Body desperately in need of funds.

I can envision a $50 yearly TBA registration fee in the not so distant future, and I will happily pay it. Personally I don't care what the TBA gives back to the average bowler. I just want to see the children of tomorrow have the opportunity that I did.

The I don't care what the average bowler gets is exactly the reason why our sport is in the state it is and why a $50 registration fee will never happen.

It seems to me that the children of tommorrow won't get the opportunity that you did Wayne when the countries elite bowlers easily forget what it was like being an average Joe bowler.

As someone who didn't pick up a ball until I was 19 I know how important it is to have proper infrustructure in place to allow bowlers to develop their game.

If I was 19 now and picking up the ball the first time I doubt whether I would achieve as much as I have in bowling in the next 23 odd years time as their is no development pathways in place at all for me to utilize as their was 23 years ago. That is why I say that the childen of tommorrow may be lost to the game if TBA does not address the sports major issues ASAP and it won't come from just catering to the elite bowlers.

Seems like plenty of people have there own opinion & all to quick to offer advice why something wont work & as to why we should all just sit back and watch the sport implode further.
No one seems to want to offer any altertnative. Everyone just pushed it into the "thats to hard basket". Any wonder why this sport is struggling.

Doesnt matter to me (I'll be 2 old to care) whether we have jack **** Nationally to bowl in in 5 years time because everybody's sat on there arse for the last 10 years and just watched it happen. Or someone gets of there arse in the next 2-3 years and trys to turn it around.

Its the youth of today that are going to suffer in the future. When the whole Tournament scene falls apart in 3-4 years time (if it takes that long, where almost there) and your no longer eligible to bowl youth, who gonna blame then. Or they can change youth to 28, then 5 years down the track to 33. Before you know it you can step straight from Youth to Seniors.

Problem solved.

Are these and many other sports successful?
We may not have to do the same but we could / should look at what they are doing to be as successful as they are.
Rob

I dont know, are all other sports as successful as they were 10-15 years ago. Probably not. They have probably had to come up with some weird ways to raise money to keep there head above water.
Maybe if they stuck there head in the sand like this sport has over the years they would be in the same situation Tenpin Bowling is now.

What I do not know or pretend to know is the answer to this thread or other points raised in this thread.

What I do know~

* is that we struggle to get TBA fees out of our bowlers already let alone trying to get $50 out of them.

* TBA will not now or ever be able to see my financials.

*that Krystals idea may be plausible to some of the elite tournament bowlers, but I think that to miss the cash for a tournament by on spot, that you have paid $$$ to enter and get to, knowing that I may have won some of my $$$ back if the 1% had stayed in the tournament :confused:

*this sport needs to change the support structure from top to bottom back to bottom to top.

JMO

Rob

Back
Top Bottom