TBA Income & Accountability - Suggestion

I was wondering when someone would ask to see some facts about this - well done Andrew S. I'm not suggesting what's going on isn't going on - it would just be nice [and certainly not unreasonable] to get some formal and official words..one way or the other. Right now this "issue" has developed a life of it's own - that could become pretty damned damaging too - if some damage has not already been done, rolling into what will be one of the toughest commercial years we are likely to have seen for a generation or two.

Steve...
Kinda difficult to get the facts from the TBA's viewpoint when no one from the TBA board will post on Totalbowling. We can always hope though.

To further clarify,

CTBAM became aware of a Notice of Motion from Vic Tenpins (the State Arm of TBA) that in part reads "as CTBAM & MTBA are no longer recognized by TBA ....."
That Notice of Motion certainly did not come from the Melbourne Associations, and when followed up with the TBA CEO, it was made quite clear where the two Melbourne Associations stood.

Perhaps one of those members of VicTenpins or TBA who from the numbers of readers of this thread are quite possibly reading "watching", could elaborate.

V

Im just wondering, is John Mclean still president of CTBAM, and if so are there people that wont let sleeping dogs lie?

John MClean has not been on the CTBAM board for many years.
The current president is Bryant Stafford, and we now have Eric Thompson as Male Vice President.

Andrew, the CTBAM did not want a separation to occur as it has. That was made quite clear to all members who attended the CTBAM AGM in November. Unfortunately it was the TBA CEO (and VicTenpins via their Notices of Motion) who did this.

The CTBAM and MTBA both know how significantly not in the sports interest this whole situation is. Perhaps the Victorian State Manager of TBA may comment on this.

V

Exactly who in TBA told the 2 Vic Associations they would not be accepted?

The reason I ask is that the Queensland based National Board Members and the Chairperson of TBA have all told me that what you are stating is simply not true.

From what little information I can gather it appears that the Victorian Associations are advising their members not to support the NSO. If this is the case then they should not be putting a spin on it by saying TBA has dumped them.

There are other groups in other States that would be deeply concerned about comments made in this thread about TBA and I feel that at this stage TBA needs to make a public statement concerning all these major Associations.

Andrew Shinnie
Secretary TBAQ.

From what I have been told both officially and unofficially the TBA were not very cooperative whenever the MTBA or CTBAM attempted to converse with them. I was also at the MTBA AGM when the attendees were informed that the TBA had told them that they would not be accepted for affiliation this year. I believe the CTBAM was told the same thing.

I have conveyed a question directly to Gillian about this issue asking for her to clarify why and on what basis this decision was made. I have yet to receive a reply as this time. When Gillian does reply I will ask her if the information she provides me is for public display before I would convey it here in respect for her position.

There are a couple of things that are a concern for both CTBAM & MTBA and that is neither association was told in writing that they would not be affiliated with TBA. This leads me to ask the question who on behalf of TBA told these 2 city associations & why was it not put down in written form so that all facts would be displayed as correct information. Also am I correct in assuming that Grant Eady as TBA Victorian Manager made this decision on behalf of TBA or was Grant directed by TBA to apply this new ruling regarding the Melbourne Associations.:confused::confused:

Joe,
Grant Eadie was a board member of CTBAM. From my knowledge he and the CEO were invited to more than one CTBAM board meetings.
The CTBAM had numerous contact via phone to the CEO, a lot of this conversation after being made aware of a notion of motion to the Vic State Branch of TBA (VicTenpins) to remove their representation from the State board.
Grant I am sure knows the answers to your other questions, and I am sure being a member of this site, could perhaps answer you.

V

Back
Top Bottom