TBA fails us again

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Nothing against the bowlers who attended the Commonwealth Champs recently but this bad result Internationally is 3 from 3 for TBA this year. On 3 separate occasions TBA has left it to the last minute to pick a team to represent us at an International tournament and 3 from 3 we have had dismal performances. These group of International performances is the worst this country has seen in over 7 years.

If this was a high profile sport heads would roll.... why is it we all sit back and allow TBA to go on like this?

Singapore, Malaysia, USA and Hong Kong have already got a womens elite squad picked and are preparing now for World Champs next year. I can already guess that TBA will leave it until 6 weeks out.

It is appalling and shows a complete disregard for not only for future aspiring bowlers but for the bowlers who are forking out their hard earned money with little or no chance at International success due to TBA's lack of preparation.

It's bad enough that TBA have cut ALL funding for National teams, they also have the hide to pick a team late, and send them away under prepared.

This has been our worst group of International performances in over 7 years, lets hope 2009 heads roll and they fix their act up!

George Frilingos
ex Australian Representative

Even our local country cup teams are picked well in advance for a variety of reasons. We can then practise as a team, raise funds, do some sort of team bonding, and the list goes on.

I can only assume that this is even more warranted for an Australian team so the whole idea of leaving it so late seems ludicrous to me.

Is there any justifiable reason for the teams to be picked so late or is it just poor management by the TBA?

it all comes down to who is running TBA and who is on the board...this year has been a major cock up on their part.

no doubt next year will be similar to this year

Instead of you people coming on here and denigrating TBA how about you suggest a viable and detailed alternative?

Its all well and good to sit back and criticise but like so many others you don't come up with anything constructive.

Put out your own format of times and dates and also lets hear your funding solutions. Training camps require coaches, administration, accommodation and transport to name but a few necessities of representative life.

All these items cost time and money and TBA doesnt have the kind of money to do what we would like them to do.

As for the OP from George that says quote

Nothing against the bowlers who attended the Commonwealth Champs recently....

Nothing against? What a load of crap. In essence George you're saying they weren't good enough to win.
Quite frankly George every time we see another of your posts on this forum your credibility goes down another notch.
Before you post in future you might like to disengage your foot from your mouth.

Andrew please tell me why then it is that it takes to the last minute basically to pick a team, especially when its pretty much between just a group of bowlers to select from Its not as if they go through every bowlers records and form to select it. I agree totally with what George says.

Deano

Lets forget all the team fund raising etc then and ask the main question.

Why is the selecting of the team left so late? I even have a solution as requested. The TBA needs to organise themselves to do it sooner.

Knowing the team early seems to be a very good start to me. Once that's done maybe other things could be organised.

There is always a first and yes Gary i agree with you. God that hurt.

Deano

The 4 bowlers that represent Australia at the Commonwealth Games are the raining National Adult & Youth Ranking Champions from the previous year. Hopefully the can also select the Youth Team for Asian Youth Champsionships early aswell.

All i have to say is that thanks for putting down the people who tried mega hard on making some of those teams and for you people to shoot them down

It really makes me wonder sometimes!!!

Instead of you people coming on here and denigrating TBA how about you suggest a viable and detailed alternative?

Its all well and good to sit back and criticise but like so many others you don't come up with anything constructive.

Put out your own format of times and dates and also lets hear your funding solutions. Training camps require coaches, administration, accommodation and transport to name but a few necessities of representative life.

All these items cost time and money and TBA doesnt have the kind of money to do what we would like them to do.

As for the OP from George that says quote

Nothing against the bowlers who attended the Commonwealth Champs recently....

Nothing against? What a load of crap. In essence George you're saying they weren't good enough to win.
Quite frankly George every time we see another of your posts on this forum your credibility goes down another notch.
Before you post in future you might like to disengage your foot from your mouth.

Well Andrew it goes to show you how much you know about preparation. Do you think in other sports pick a team a few weeks out from a championship and hope for the best? No way... How many other sports just rock up to a championship with no training, preparation or stratergy? Please tell me how picking a team a few weeks out and not preparing them is good for the sport.

It doesn't matter what level you are performing at, pick a team well before the event, prepare them well and they will always peform alot better. State, National, International, the same rules apply.

TBA actually was going great things over the last few years by having a training squad and then picking a team several months out, and then having numerous team meetings and a few practise sessions. Something this year has gone seriously wrong and no decisions have been able to be made within the required time resulting in a band-aid, last minute decision leaving our bowlers under prepared.

I am very sure that if the team was picked in June (before the June 30 cut off which TBA claim they knew nothing about), the team could have prepared on short and long patterns and could have had coaching sessions with nominated coaches to help them prepare. All the bowlers who went are well accomplished bowlers and should have done better, I tend to blame TBA for their lack of pre-planning and assistance before I blame the bowlers who went.

Someone needs to be accountable for this failure..... Perhaps some of the old dinosaurs on the board can step aside and allow someone who can make a decision within a designated time frame to take over.

Hey George,:surrender::surrender:

Do you think you could let us all read the emails you receive after this thread topic...

I believe the one you received from xxxx xxxxx after the Nationals thread was a beauty...Surely this must warrant a pearler or two...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

George Frilingos
ex Australian Representative

Clearly not only your choice to make… ;)

Someone needs to be accountable for this failure..... Perhaps some of the old dinosaurs on the board can step aside and allow someone who can make a decision within a designated time frame to take over.[/QUOTE said:
So George are you offering your services. Im sure you can do a better job. You continue to post on this site telling everybody how it should be done. Maybe now is the time to stand up.

Phil

Perhaps you should all realise what George is trying to say.

From what I understood it was the fact that the TBA takes too long to select teams and this is causing problems due to lack of preparation. If in fact I am right (and George is welcome to correct me) then surely the TBA could be better prepared for such events. Thats all he asks. The performances (or lack of) is his way of pointing out the issue.

Maybe the 3 international events George is talking about were only thrown together at the last minute & TBA had very little notice to select teams.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what a funny lot, i agree with george long time ago i suggested a couple of things first one was to get rid of all the then board members & start with a fresh board with their own views as people like politicians get lazy & don't look outside the square, this was knocked on the head, secondly i suggested the new ceo make hershelf available on this site to answer questions & take suggestions on how the TBA can do things better but again this was knocked on the head all i can say nothing will improve until the TBA listen to the people. there are many bowlers with great suggestions but no one is willing to listen i tried many times in my capacity as a manager only to be told politely we will look into it
this is a great forum & you shoujd encourage comments like george just made as it is the only way things might change
I STILL BELIEVE THE CEO SHOULD MAKE HERSELF AVAILABLE TO THIS SITE

If the TBA doesn't have the time and money then why have the TBA at all? Seriously I'd like to know.........

Back
Top Bottom