Why should I pay $55 to bowl league?

I only bowl 2 or 3 majors a year.
Coachers? We pay for this when it is avilable.And most of the time the top coachers are not their for the bowlers who need it only their pets.
R & D what this?
To make a internation team, pig my fly before that ever happens. You can win all the time and still not make it. aka george
Funding for rep teams. Each time i have made a rep side it has been self funded.

TBA give me break.

IMO
Shaun

Think of it as an investment in the future of tenpin bowling in Australia. Either that or start looking for something else to do with you hard earned cash.

I only bowl 2 or 3 majors a year.
Coachers? We pay for this when it is avilable.And most of the time the top coachers are not their for the bowlers who need it only their pets.
R & D what this?
To make a internation team, pig my fly before that ever happens. You can win all the time and still not make it. aka george
Funding for rep teams. Each time i have made a rep side it has been self funded.

TBA give me break.

IMO
Shaun

And this is exactly why the sport is going backwards.

People *****ing about being self-funded etc when they make representative teams....if we all pay a fair fee that issue will be solved.

Coaching..do you expect people to give up their hard earned time for nothing? Yes, they may have their 'pets', but have you thought why? Maybe the pets are paying for their coaching, or maybe the coaches have just been approached in the right manner.

What we ALL need to do Shaun is contribute a very small percentage of our weekly bowling expenditure to make sure there is funding for coaching, training and representative teams.

Again, has been done to death, but..........the TBA are in a no win situation currently. Because we are not paying enough in TBA fees, the money they do receive is not enough to do what has to be done. Please............even though we are not getting the results we desire from TBA, it is because they are hamstrung financially.

Why is it all about "ME, ME, ME" in bowling, and what "I" can get out of it? The sport is suffering at most levels because of it. As I have previously said, the percentage of our bowling expenditure which goes to the governing bodies is miniscule compared to every other sport.

We need to back the TBA financially so they can do their job for YOU. Give the TBA what they need to do the job properly, and watch how it performs then. I am 100% sure with proper funding, we WILL see the benefits.

Max

isnt the $55 for the silver membership? which is for the people who are rolling off or trying out for the national teams? and some development team or something? i bowl tournaments and i only paided the 27.50? didnt read anywhere that you had to pay the $55 to bowl ranked events?

plus.. compared to soccer... baseball etc etc... these fee's are nothing..

Think of it as an investment in the future of tenpin bowling in Australia
the investment started in 1960 i believe & almost 49 years and nothing has changed. Some people might take offense at the tbal bullying & you obviously endorse it? :confused:

We need to back the TBA financially so they can do their job for YOU. Give the TBA what they need to do the job properly, and watch how it performs then. I am 100% sure with proper funding, we WILL see the benefits.

Max
shouldn't the TBAL outline their goals as governments do prior to elections & then we can choose to support them

Thanks Peter, I got the results I was looking for.

Max, we already pay for coaching. Why do we need to pay TBA for coaches? Development of the game is done at the local level by hard working volunteers. TBA has no involvement in this process. The volunteers are the ones who should receive payment.

Back in the 70's, a percentage of your fees went to your State and National teams. Now we have so many teams, the funding percentage has lowered. If a dollar or so went to the National teams I wouldn't mind but the funding is being wasted on sending people at the top to conferences, etc instead of putting the money back into bowling.

How mnay people will now nominate for National teams? This is a no win situation. Eg Roll off for this year's Open Mens Team ten guys at no notice...

The questions;
Do I love tenpin bowling?
And
Will I support the governing body of the game I love?

Should most definitely have the same answer.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

The Youth and Adult team roll offs were a bit of a mess. However, the idea is right. The concept is a good one. It's just a matter of that damn four letter that starts with t and ends in ime.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Just try it on. You know.

Lets say, a bottle of coke is bought everyday. At the constant rate of $3 for the whole year. By the end of the year, $1095 has been spent on Coke. Now, if on Sundays (Because Sunday is for bowling...) the the coke is not bought... this is the crazy part. You save... $156. There you go. TBA Membership paid for and then some. Here's the tricky bit. Do you think with the $939 dollars still remaining that the Coca Cola executives don't go on their own little conferences? Spend some money on R+D? Train people, hire people. Sound kinda like something else just discussed??

The difference? No one gives a **** where the money that they spent on Coke goes because it's only $3. TBA wants $55 for the whole year (A measly $1.05 a week). And everyone complains, where's my money going??? What am I getting??? What are you getting for your $3 coke?? 10 minutes of refreshment and your caffeine hit.

Would you care, in the long run of course, if the CEO spent $5,000 (OHH MY) to get herself to and from a conference and spend some nights at a hotel and managed to secure a sponsorship deal for Bowling worth $500,000???? No? Think about that.

Just throwing it out there, you know, trying it on.

Cow

The questions;
Do I love tenpin bowling?
And
Will I support the governing body of the game I love?

Now, if on Sundays (Because Sunday is for bowling...) the the coke is not bought...

I don't believe the $$$'s is the real issue here. I think the fact is, for most, that you are not seeing a benefit for your output. As stated earlier TBA have had many years to do SOMETHING with our investment (and let us know WHAT TBA IS doing)!

Trying on hypothetical statements does not help either.
I know, what if I stopped drinking and eating, not just myself but my family also, for a whole year?? I'd probably have enough for a beamer! We'd probably be dead also.

Would you care, in the long run of course, if the CEO spent $5,000 (OHH MY) to get herself to and from a conference and spend some nights at a hotel and managed to secure a sponsorship deal for Bowling worth $500,000???? No? Think about that.

Probably not IF the outcome was as you stated. Though if the outcome is (like usual) close to nothing. Do we have a right to direct the national media towards the TBA's direction. As we do the government in power. Disneyland trip $28,000 waste

Cheers.

da_cowman , you are missing the point we all love the sport & we don't have a problem with the fees aqs long as they are put to good use for everyone, nobody minds if the ceo & directors spend money for the benefit of the sport problem is they are forcing us to pay higher fees but they do not outline WHY, i still say the CEO should make herself to this site as pollies do on radio & tv & answer questions from members or let us know of their plans for the bowlers all the rhetoric & bull**** on their website meen nothing & most members know this except all the brown tongues
have a merry xmas

The best result for TBA would be to go back to ALL Centres paying registration fees for all bowlers in their centre. This would mean that a centre with 600 league bowlers would submit to TBA 600 x $27.50 per bowler a total of $16,500.00.:) What this would do is put the responsibility back on all centres and would ensure that ALL centre Managers & / or owners COLLECT the required registration fees for all league bowlers in their centre.:rolleyes: Nearly all Victorian country centres have been doing this for years. :DIt is the Metro centres controlled by AMF that are letting the system down.:mad: For years AMF employed Centre Managers have refused or were too LAZY to collect ANY registration fees.:mad::mad: Hence why both CTBAM & MTBA receive support from AMF as both these associations do the work for AMF & TBA re collection of fees.:cool:
Maybe the TBA board should be made up of Members who do NOT work for or own bowling centres and therefore become a bowlers association for the bowlers.;):cool:

LOL Sydpies. Once You own a bowling center and you have to tell some little old lady that will never bowl in any thing but her one time a week that she has to pay $55 or she cant bowl. This is never going to happen ever if she wants to bowl she can bowl. We have put idea's forward to the tba and they were knocked back. I still think if a TBA member bowls in a tba center and they bowl a 300 or and 800 or some thing during league that bowler should be eligible for some thing but the TBA being gready you get SWEET F A they want 100% membership then the league to be accredited. THATS NOT FAIR ON THE PEOPLE THAT DO WANT TO JOIN but get nothing for it.

Just a suggestion:

Do it as stated above, i.e. Centres pay the money to TBA, but, they can then recoup the money bit by bit, by adding an extra few cents to the lane fees.

This will have the problem of people like myself will end up paying 'registration' more than once. I would not have a problem with that though.

cheers,

happychicken i agree with you 100% if you are a registered member & the centre is accredited you should be entitled to tba recognition whether the whole league is accredited or not

Not wrong!!! My 3 300's and 3/858 would 'count' if that little bit of commonsense was used.

Street Racer...the answer is NO. you do not need a silver membership to bowl ranked events!

This information is taken from the membership registration form, which can be viewd and downloaded from the TBA website.

The Silver membership fee is offered to TBA members
who wish to participate in athlete development
programs and be eligible for selection for international
team representation.
Through this commitment, TBA Silver members will benefit
from the additional services provided by the National
Sporting Organisation. Over the next 12 months TBA will
implement a number of strategies that targets our high-end
bowlers, such as:
• Access to Athlete Development Clinics across Australia
• Development programs for National Training Squads in
preparation for international team selection.
Given that additional benefits are still being developed
it has been decided that for the 2009 year the Silver
membership card will be compulsory for all TBA members
who nominate for national team selection at any
international event where TBA is responsible for sending
individuals or teams.
Examples of such events include:
• Asian Zone and WTBA World Youth Championships
• Asian Zone and WTBA World Adult Championships
• Asian Zone Senior Championships
• Asian Zone Schools Championships
• Commonwealth Tenpin Bowling Federation Championships
Whilst the Silver membership is compulsory for these
bowlers, it is also available for purchase by any TBA
member who wishes to benefit from the additional services
provided.

you can still be ranked with the lesser registration fee - you just won't be eligible for National representation and athlete development programs........

This thread really shows not much has changed except people don't realise that the TBA or ATBC used to be very financial once owning it's own offices but the funds have all gone. Everyone here is right but at some point you just have to move forward. The money isn't the issue it's that you don't feel you get value from it. I'll pay the money to simply to support the sport even if I don't bowl much, it's given us all opportunities we wouldn't normally have.

Back
Top Bottom