Australian Youth Team Recognition

Alex Popov

TBA CEO
The Australian team is soon to arrive home after competing in the Asian Youth Championships in Beijing. The results that our national bowlers achieved were outstanding. I must congratulate coaches Louise Eady and James McGinty for bringing their respective teams together and producing outstanding results.
Gold in the boys and girls doubles was undoubtedly the highlight of the event. Ben Coupland & Stephen Cowland and Bianca Flanagan & Cassie Staudinger coupled together to beat an outstanding field of international bowlers. Well done!
Marc, David, Louise and Kerry Ann played a major part in the event and my congratulations also goes out to them for their performances.
I would also like to thank Mr & Mrs Cowland for their managerial support during the Championships.
On behalf of the Board and Executive of Tenpin Bowling Australia, I offer all team members and officials our sincerest congratulations and trust that all of the team members will play an integral part in future Australian touring teams.
Kind regards...Alex Popov

Well said Alex,

I have been to these events and i have won medals and i know how hard it really is.
After speaking with a few people that were there, i must point out that Ben's score on the long oil in the doubles was an amazing display of determination and patience. Also Steve's last 2 games, he dug in when he had too.

These lane patterns are not your typical house conditions and judging by all scores errors were punished.

My hat goes off to both teams (all members) for producing a superb team effort in winning gold.

Also to the coaches, well done

Jason Belmonte

like to add to that just seen that ben finished fifth in masters that awsome work ben its good to see you have bowled well over there

Well said by everyone. You guys and girls definately did Australia proud and I congratulate you all on a top effort.

well done to all guys & gals you did your country proud, a special congrats to Ben Coupland for having and outstanding tournament as well.

Back
Top Bottom