Vic Sports series Entries

Here are the qualifying scores for Scratch and Handicap.
Note some of the Handicap bowlers finished in the Scratch section because of their scores.
For the knockers who may snigger at some of the scores, come along and try your hand on this condition, and then you will realize how hard it was.
Congratulations to all those bowlers who had the guts to have a go.

Attachments

• VSS.XLS
    30.8 KB · Views: 138
Thanks to all the staff at Oz Tenpin and to Tonx for a great day and thanks Tonx for helping me find the right line on the pattern when I struggled early it helped me finish the day off pretty well

matty robbo

Hey Tonx and your band of helpers, thanks for a great day.
My only Criticism is a small constructive one. Having been a Scorer at local Diving and State Gymnastics competitions, it is vital that the results are double checked before they are announced. If there are any tricky bits like splitting into Scratch and Handicap, this needs to be sorted out well in advance of announcing placings. Seemed a bit disorganised when you were handing out 7 th to 10th etc.
Also people like to hear score totals when prizes are given.
All in all a great day and I will be back at the next tourney if at all possible. I play a second sport and sometimes events clash.
A great basis for future success and hopefully people will nominate one squad, stick to it and arrive on the day.
Please call on me to help if you need it.
Sumo

Seemed a bit disorganised when you were handing out 7 th to 10th etc.

LOL

Try running a tournament that you are bowling in yourself.... LMAO...

No worries mate, and fair call. It will be a little more organised next one. I have a few people helping with that side of things moving forward.

On a slightly different topic, I will move more to a "Back office" role for the next event, so the whingers (yep, I know who you guys are :D) won't have anything furthur to say about my results. Huge thanks to the guys that are helping me to do this :D

What do they say about a few bad apples?

Tonx
Any tentative dates or months for the next one?
While I'm not up to a 200+ average (doesn't matter what the pattern laid) I'd be very keen to get a few from East Gippsland up there to compete!!

Cheers
Sampson

Yeah as everybody else has said it was a great event.
Thanks to tonx and all involved.
Its a big task to stage an event on the scale it was and to bowl and win the event also - I take my hat off to you tonx.

I was a bit confused as to why bowlers where given the choice to take the scratch prize money or bowl in the handicap rolloffs at the end of the event.
But you clarified that in a recent post (bowlers had to leave early (another annoying thing about all sports they are either there to compete or not no matter how long it takes(I traveled over 2 hours to get there and stayed to watch the finals)She who shall be obeyed wasn't impressed what time I got home lol))
The way I thought it was going to work was that everyone started bowling scratch the top 16 scratch bowlers got there placing then the handicaps were worked out and the top 6 that didn't make the scratch 16 got prizes (rolloff)etc
Maybe some thought for the next event.
But I'm not complaining just my 2 cents worth.

All in all it was a great experience from someone who had never bowled in a tournament out side the local area (Latrobe Valley) before.
Have to admit it was a bit scary driving all the way there and not knowing anybody.
But did see some familiar names
Also thanks to all those who had words of encouragement especially my lane partner JOE
This is what makes the sport so great
THANK for the experience

Now I'm off to email Dr Chris to book some much needed coaching

So Tonx is there any word where and when the next Sports Series Tournament will be. Just asking want to see if i'm able to make it.

Back
Top Bottom