VSS Event number 2 "DATE UPDATE 26TH AUGUST"

Firstly, Congrats to Adam on the win.
Well deserved and you proved the best bowler on the day.

Now, Tonx

Hell.. What to say...

Its obvious that you want to single me out as the only "Disgusting Bowler". And its even more obvious that when the going gets tough, you just want to run home and hide behind your computer.

I've typed and deleted for the past 15 minutes thinking of a response, but in the end your just not worth it and Id rather waste my time watching Aust Idol.

Brett Smith

Now thats really funny considering another TD calls the "BOYS IN BLUE" to help sort out a problem that the TD caused himself because he couldn't " Drop it " and keep pushing.

Maybe instead of posting on here Tonx you should of call 000. Didn't you get the handbook from Brett on " How to be a Tournament Director?"

Have a nice day gentlemen and don't ruin the future of this sport.

hamster

Well done and well bowled Haysey. Given that you had a slow start (well the first 2 games anyway), you proved that consistency will get you close and skill will get you over the line.
Look forward to the next event and see you all there.

Tonx, apart from the hiccups towards the end congrats on getting this event up and running. I think you handled things well considering the hassles that were thrown at you.

Cheers
Mick

P.S... Anybody got a servicable right knee... I need one :)

Would just like to congratulate Haysey on a well deserved win today and thanks to every one for another enjoyable Sports Event.

Look forward to the next event at Narre and hope people continue to support the Sports Events.

Maybe instead of posting on here Tonx you should of call 000. Didn't you get the handbook from Brett on " How to be a Tournament Director?"

Also Tonx wasn't actually the Tournament Director today, but as usual he did what he could to help the event run as smoothly as possible, im sure information on the next event will be out soon.

Cheers

Dillan

Hi all,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Oz tenpin at altona and also to
Andrew (Tonx) Tonkin on trying to get this event up and running...as with all things new there will always be some teething problems perhaps things would work better if constructive critism is given rather than abuse...i'm sure that the person that gave the abuse has been abused himself therefore he should be more considerate of others in the same position...
As for the scores and results i have only been given the mens results unfortunately i don't have the womens however i can tell you that Jenny
Camilleri top qualified and also had some individual high game awards...well done Jen:thumbup: I know Jen has the results for the women and i have asked her to post them when she can...I'm affraid i also dont have the matchplay scores between Adam Hayes and Brett Smith perhaps if Adam or Brett recall the scores they might be able to post them for those interested

Well bowled to all those who participated and especially to those first timers looking to challenge themselves...yes that includes you Chris Clark...and a huge congratulations to Adam Hayes who bowled outstanding all day on a tough condition you truley deserved the win..

Cheers Mary

Attachments

• VSS no.2.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 165
When I grow up, I wanna be an AMF tournament director. I'm not sure I could ever be so awesome...
Now that I've cleared that crap out, those that will be bowling the next event I will be running a survey for the next pattern.
Remaining are Viper, Scorpion and Cheetah, all with their own challenges and attributes. Our first time on HPL (and the only NON AMF centre I can think of with HPL off the top of my head) should also throw in some interesting results!

Huge thanks to Ebonite and Atticus management solutions for their sponsorship of the Victorian Sports Series!

The winner of the free entry to the next event thanks to ATTICUS Management solutions was Nick Mills for the boys, and Emily Robertson for the girls!

The Ebonite Raffle was won by another youth bowler, John Allen!

Giving that i really wanted to compete in this torn, and am hoping to next year, what does the other patterns look like in comparrison to "the Shark"?

Congrats Adam!!!
apart from the second game today you looked solid all the way through...
for everyone wanting to bowl these events get right behind them...
this is an aspect of bowling that really shows you how good the pros really are...
and as i can say even though shooting 150 under... i still got a 250 game in there....
CONSISTENCY!!!!!!!!

Well done to those who made matchplay aswell as those giving it a go...

Thankyou oz tenpin altona... for a smoothly run event...
Cant wait for the next challenging tournment!!!

Drew

As there wasn't enough women for our own section we were given a vote on what we would like to do. The majority ruled that we would be rolling off for high games in each game. $40 for 1st & $25 for 2nd.
We would still have an overall winner & still have the chance to qualify for match play with the boys.

The condition was tough, but everyone seemed to enjoy the challenge & kept on trying to the end.

Congratulations to Haysey on his win today. You never stopped trying even when you looked like you were about to collapse...
To Barry Dodds & Alan Notman on coming 2nd & 3rd, I'd have to say it was the best match I have watched between two great friends. Awesome bowling guys...

Thanks again to Tonx on doing his best to get the tournament up & running. Even though I nearly missed the Footy, it didn't matter in the end because the MIGHTY TIGERS WON!!!! GO the TIGERS!!!!

Jenny & Alan ;)

Attachments

• Women's VSS Scores.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 89
just clearing some info up

geelong, ballarat, shepparton, mildura, warrnambool and as of november bowlarama all have amf hpl lanes and are all independants

Tonx

I really don't understand, why you are taking such a negative attitude towards Brett, I was bowling beside Brett all day yesterday and didn't once hear him abuse you, yes he did have something to say when it came down to the top four matchplay, because you came down and told the bowlers, I know who the top four bowlers are (I think), but I haven't worked out what order you finished, just pick a lane to bowl on because Im trying to hurry things up. Wouldn't anyone one have something to say whether they are a National tournament Director or not? and it wasn't abuse either he just simply told you that you better make sure you get the order of who is bowling who right.
I know you have put alot into the running the Tournament, and thanks goes to that, but it still needs to be run the right way.

Karen

Well done Haysey! It was great to watch you bowl and to be paired with you for qualifying was great, very nice gentleman. Hope to bowl with you again.
Congrats to Barry and Alan. I'm sure you all put in a great effort.
Thanks to all bowlers who came and tried even though conditions were tough but it was fun.
Tonx, I'm glad i could help out with the listing, hope i made it easier for you.
Let me know if you need my help again.
And last but not least to my baby Adam, well done on your first tournament. We were so excited that you didn't finish last so we celebrated for it. But more important was the feeling of a tournament, i'm glad you liked it! And cant wait for us to go to Warrnambool.
Thanks to everyone again.
Cheers

For reference, the next event will be held at OZtenpin Narre Warren. Format, pattern and entry fee will all be decided by whoever volunteers to run the next event.
Hey Tonx mate,

any idea of a rough date yet for this event.

what about game rate, as i am sure l can come up with some interesting formats for the 3rd event.

maybe willing to subject myself to the horrors of helping out with the event.

talk to you at emerson on Sunday about it.

Early next year at this stage, have to work with the seniors to make sure I dont clash... I can't bear events without tothie :D

Definately will speak on sunday!

Thanks all, was certainly a thrill for me to win, especially on a tough condition. Well done Baz, Alan and Brett, you guys bowled well all day as well, thanks to Sarah and Drew for being fun people to qualify with. Well done to Jenny for topping the ladies division and Tonx and Oztenpin for the organization and support of the event, had a great time.

As for the bickering that erupted toward the end, hopefully we can make any criticism constructive and make the series something that everyone wants to bowl in as it has loads of potential.

On behalf of B & B Proshop Supplies & Ebonite International, I would like to congratulations to the winners of the VSS #2 (Adam Hayes & Jenny Camilleri)and a big thank you to all the bowlers who participated in the event, thanks for supporting the VSS.
As sponsors of the Victoria Sport Series, we hope to see many more events in the future.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom