VSS Event number 2 "DATE UPDATE 26TH AUGUST"

Thanks for all your entries so far guys. The event looks like it should be a great event for all participating!

As Oztenpin Eppings PBA super singles league has ran the pattern for the last 3 weeks, I have been able to observe different styles playing on the challenging pattern. Some of you might find this post helpful in preparing your bowling arsenal for the event better!
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=155817#post155817

See you all on the 26th, and keep those entries comming!

Sorry Tonx but I have to withdraw as I can't get the day off work. :(
I'm sure i will be able to bowl one of these eventually.

Hey guys,
Date for the next event will be the 26th of August at Oztenpin Altona. There will be no handicap section this event. There WILL be a WOMENS section for this event.
Details are yet to be finalised, but I will let you know this event will include a short matchplay section, as well as a different PBA style final!
I'll allow names to be entered here, but there is a deposit required of $30 to secure your spot, as this is a 1 squad event with limited entries. 50 entries for the men, and 20 entries for the women are the starting limits.
Deposits can be received via cash, cheque or direct bank deposit at this stage, although shortly Credit cards will be accepted (working on it)
There are a few more surprises in the works for this event, so get your names and deposits in asap!
Cheers!
:confused: What time is the roll-off? Thanks...

With more bowlers pulling out are numbers are getting smaller.
Talk to friends that may be interested, they may not even know about this tournament and may be interested. You never know if you dont ask, whats the worst that can happen... they say No! Its a cheap entry which you rarely find now days and its a great way to get back into the feeling of bowling against a big field of competitive bowlers.
New listing is as follows:

Men
1 Drew Layton
2 Leo Torres
3 Lindsay Kilpatrick
4 Bernie Grueso
5 Kelly Raveche
6 John Clemmt
7 Barry Wicks
8 Adam Hayes
9 Graeme O’Connor
10 Michael Carlile
11 Ralph Harford
12 Andrew Thorpe
13 David Farquharson
14 Ian Strahan
15 Tyson Hinton
16 Rusty Hinton
17 Mathew Robinson
18 Alan Notman
19 Billy Tanasiciuc
20 Adam Spiteri
21 Mick Drummond
22 Josh Colbert
23 Hugh Livingstone
24 Cyril Traykof
25 Jamie Drew
26 John Allen
27 Andrew Tonkin
28 Dillan Demather
29 Joel Lovegrove
30 Chris Mesagno
31 Brett Smith
32 Paul Drew
33 Giao Nguyen
34 Paul Bast
35 Glen Loader
36 Barry Dodds
37 Brad Gwyther
38 Luke Adkins
39 James Bowles
40 Phillip Souter
41 Vi Huynh
42 Michael MacNamara
43 Greg Brooks
44 Adam Brooks

Women.
1 Natalie O’Connor
2 Jane Finch
3 Christine Clark
4 Jenny Camilleri
5 Sarah Benson
6 Kristi-Lee Godfrey
7 Emily Robertson
8 Cassie Staudinger
9 Amanda Delange
10 Julie Hinton
11 Karen Smith
12 Larissa Priestley
13 Rebecca Faure
14 Anne-Marie Godfrey

Sarah, please remove Joel Lovegrove... He has the Phantom of the Opera to go to ;)

Lindz- Hope you are ready to organise some pot games! The scores on this pattern are up and down like a yoyo at the moment!

This event seems to have an even stronger field than the first one, and it's anyones title! There are still a couple of spots available for this event, so spread the word and get a few more people involved!

Are there any volunteers to do some odds through Totalbowling's V-bookie for the event?

It's also interesting to note that although there is free entry up for grabs for the highest placed junior male and female for the next event kindly donated by Atticus management solutions, there are very very few juniors entered into this event!

Where are the Kids like Ben Tait, Caroline Chang, Bec Whiting, James Blennerhassett, Jack Livingstone, Laura Kairn, Natarsha Vella, or Brendon Murphy?

I am no way preety or good looking like them but please put me down as i love to support our own. Princess convinced me i am well enough to bowl :p
Cheers,
Alex

Since the start of the 2nd sports series, i have kept records of all that put their name down and all that pull out. After the last 3 removing themselves the amount of those pulling out overtakes the female squad.
Unless some of the ladies cant find some friends to bowl we wont be having our own squad next time.
So far their are 13 girls and 16 people who have pulled out. The boys numbers are dropping too. Come on guys let keep this going.....
Listing is as follows. ( now changed to be in alpha order.)
Men
1 Adam Brooks
2 Adam Hayes
3 Adam Spiteri
4 Alan Notman
5 Alex Krishnan
6 Andrew Thorpe
7 Andrew Tonkin
8 Barry Dodds
9 Barry Wicks
10 Bernie Grueso
11 Brad Gwyther
12 Brett Smith
13 Chris Mesagno
14 Cyril Traykof
15 David Farquharson
16 Dillan Demather
17 Drew Layton
18 Giao Nguyen
19 Graeme O’Connor
20 Greg Brooks
21 Hugh Livingstone
22 Ian Strahan
23 James Bowles
24 Jamie Drew
25 John Allen
26 John Clemmt
27 Josh Colbert
28 Kelly Raveche
29 Leo Torres
30 Lindsay Kilpatrick
31 Luke Adkins
32 Mathew Robinson
33 Michael Carlile
34 Michael MacNamara
35 Mick Drummond
36 Paul Bast
37 Paul Drew
38 Phillip Souter
39 Ralph Harford
40 Rusty Hinton
41 Tyson Hinton
42 Vi Huynh

Women.
1 Amanda Delange
2 Anne-Marie Godfrey
3 Cassie Staudinger
4 Christine Clark
5 Emily Robertson
6 Jane Finch
7 Jenny Camilleri
8 Karen Smith
9 Kristi-Lee Godfrey
10 Larissa Priestley
11 Natalie O’Connor
12 Rebecca Faure
13 Sarah Benson

Thanks for the notification Paul.

People PLEASE CONFIRM asap if you are actually attending the event. Since Bowlers these days basically refuse to pay deposits, and there has been umpteen avenues to make them. The onus is back on you guys! It's getting rediculous.

Unless a miracle happens in the next 3 or 4 days, I won't bother running a womens section after this event. I tried. Tournaments can't run with 13 entries....

Anyone not notifying and just not rocking up on the day, (emergencies taken into consideration) Will not be allowed to bowl in any VSS next year. If the VSS folds next year, blame these bowlers. If you know people with their name down, please get them to confirm or notify their status asap.

Onto the good things to say.

I will be down at Altona on Thursday morning to test the pattern on the Lanes at Altona, to make sure everything runs smoothly on the day. If anyone wants to have a practise on the pattern, feel free to show up between 9 and 11am.

There will also be a special announcement made during check in regarding a special event early next year. If you are on time, you will get to hear it first!

Check in- 8:45am
Bowl- 9.00am

Raffle ball for this event will be the NEW EBONITE RAID. There is also pre-order availability for other new release Ebonite gear.

I'll have the camera out again, so Lindz, make sure you do your hair.

I'll also be accepting deposits and full payments for the Membership option next year during this event. Included in the membership package will be a EBONITE VSS shirt, discounted entry into future events, and discounts on gear moving forward... Full details will all be available on Sunday.

Thanks...

Hey tonx
Simon egan here wanting to bowl on sunday . let me know by email or tomorrow night at league please

thanks bud

Sorry guys, we are unable to make it this weekend, please take Natalie and Graeme O'Connor off the list.
See you next time

Ralph,

They are still running the ladies section this Sunday, so Jane can still bowl.
Tonx means they wont run another women's section next time if they dont get 20 this time around.

Jenny ;)

Back
Top Bottom