2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series Announcement & Calendar

13th November works much better. Dunn Shield will definitely take away more bowlers from VSS than the NSW open would.

I vote for the 13th...

Thanks everyone for the replies and messages re shirt sizes..

Will post a list on here in the next couple of days.

We have 15 confirmed already so please keep them coming.

Work are looking at getting the order in by mid January so the more confirmed sizes before then the better.

Thanks!!

Jane.

PS: Merry Christmas and stay safe!!

We are pleased to announce a new sponsor for next year’s series. Toll Transitions, one of Australia’s premier relocation companies, will be joining us and helping us “move” into a new year! As a result, we would invite all of you to join us and take part in the

2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series​
Together with Schweppes and Oz Tenpin

There will be 5 single day events throughout the year culminating in the 2 day series final in December 2011.
Dates are as follows:
Event 1 – Sunday 6th February @ Mentone Tenpin Bowl
Event 2 – Sunday 3rd April @ Oz Tenpin Geelong
Event 3 – Sunday 22nd May @ Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park
Event 4 – Sunday 18th September @ Oz Tenpin Altona
Event 5 – Sunday 6th November @ Venue T.B.C.

FINAL EVENT – 17th & 18th December 2011 @ Oz Tenpin Epping
We are pleased to announce that there will be a minimum $500 first prize at each single day event. We shall continue to pay at least 1:3 at every event.

There will be a 2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series Membership package for sale this year. This will be available for purchase from the first event of the year onwards. For those interested, please send me an email with your name, contact details and shirt size.

2011 Memberships will be $60 each and include:
  • 2011 Toll Transitions VSS Shirt
  • Priority Squad Placement
  • Reduced entry fee of $90 for single day events (Non-Members pay $110 per event.)
  • Members Ranking Points will be awarded at each event. Male & Female
ranking winners at the end of event 5 will receive free entry into the Final Event.

We would like to thank our sponsors Toll Transitions, Schweppes and Oz Tenpin Entertainment Centres for their assistance in allowing us to offer this series to you, and thanks also to all the bowlers who help keep these events running.

We hope you all have a happy and safe festive season and look forward to seeing you in 2011.

Luke Adkins

For membership details or anything else regarding the VSS, you can reach me via email: [email protected]

Hello All, I didn't bowl any of the events this year (2010) but I have noticed of the date that there is another clash. Event 3 – Sunday 22nd May @ Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park. That's weekend is normally East Coast Roll Off Tryouts, I know of number "Scratch" bowlers who try out in the Adults Division. Sorry to be a pain.

Shona Lawes

Shona, from what I understood the roll offs were the last weekend in May.
I'll check and see if the dates for the roll-offs have been decided yet.

Thanks Scott will do, can you please shoot me a pm with your best contact email and phone number for my records?

Kirsten would you please send me your info too?

Thanks guys..

Hi All,

The following people have confirmed their shirt sizes, we have 25 so far. I am trying to get in touch with other people who have bowled as well over the next few days as we would like proper sizing for as many people as possible. Thanks to everyone for your continued support of the VSS.

Jane.

Josh Alvisse
Allan Bamford
Elliott Battiste
Mick Brunhierl
Ryan Burton
Chris Castle
Gavin Cox
Michael Drummond
Jane Finch
Kirsten Ford
Ralph Harford
Vi Huynh
Scott Morris
Tony Pappin
Vanessa Pappin
Ted Parsell
Carl Quaremba
Paul Robinson
Aimee Robinson
Craig Ryan
Steve Toth
Duane Vivian
Karen Weston
Paul White
Barry Wicks

Hi All,

Now up to 42 confirmed, which is absolutely fantastic.

Still trying to get in touch with a few familiar faces that I haven't heard from yet, if you see this message and your name is below please ring me or pm me so I can get your details..

Steve Carmen
Josh Colbert
Mario Cordedda
Josh Eldridge
Scott Fulton
Shane Hadlum
Hugh Livingstone
Chris Mesagno
Joseph Moraitis
Brien Showyin
Nick Williamson
Michael Wilson

I don't have contact numbers for the above people so I am unable to ring them. Some of the other bowlers I have left messages for at the centres that they bowl at, if you are speaking to them please ask them to call me. My number is listed on a previous post.

Thanks people!!

Last count 65 strong!! Looking really good for our 2011 year, the first lot of shirt orders are underway, don't forget to let me know if you are interested, and spread the word around to other people that you think might want to give it a go too.

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom