2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series Announcement & Calendar

Phluff

We are pleased to announce a new sponsor for next year’s series. Toll Transitions, one of Australia’s premier relocation companies, will be joining us and helping us “move” into a new year! As a result, we would invite all of you to join us and take part in the

2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series​
Together with Schweppes and Oz Tenpin

There will be 5 single day events throughout the year culminating in the 2 day series final in December 2011.
Dates are as follows:
Event 1 – Sunday 6th February @ Mentone Tenpin Bowl
Event 2 – Sunday 3rd April @ Oz Tenpin Geelong
Event 3 – Sunday 22nd May @ Oz Tenpin Chirnside Park
Event 4 – Sunday 18th September @ Oz Tenpin Altona
Event 5 – Sunday 6th November @ Venue T.B.C.

FINAL EVENT – 17th & 18th December 2011 @ Oz Tenpin Epping
We are pleased to announce that there will be a minimum $500 first prize at each single day event. We shall continue to pay at least 1:3 at every event.

There will be a 2011 Toll Transitions Victorian Sports Series Membership package for sale this year. This will be available for purchase from the first event of the year onwards. For those interested, please send me an email with your name, contact details and shirt size.

2011 Memberships will be $60 each and include:
  • 2011 Toll Transitions VSS Shirt
  • Priority Squad Placement
  • Reduced entry fee of $90 for single day events (Non-Members pay $110 per event.)
  • Members Ranking Points will be awarded at each event. Male & Female
ranking winners at the end of event 5 will receive free entry into the Final Event.

We would like to thank our sponsors Toll Transitions, Schweppes and Oz Tenpin Entertainment Centres for their assistance in allowing us to offer this series to you, and thanks also to all the bowlers who help keep these events running.

We hope you all have a happy and safe festive season and look forward to seeing you in 2011.

Luke Adkins

For membership details or anything else regarding the VSS, you can reach me via email: [email protected]

Just to add, I am aware that the May event clashes with a ranked Seniors event in Aspley and that the September event clashes with a ranked Youth event in Sydney.

Whilest every effort has been made to find dates that didn't clash with anything, at the end of the day we had to look at which clashes would cause the least impact to the majority of VSS bowlers. I appologise to those bowlers effected.

Yes, should read Event 4 - 18th September @ Oz Tenpin Altona.
Really hasn't been my week for typing!

Thanks! I think my 2010 brain-tank is dangerously close to empty... just trying to nurse it through a few more days!

Hey guys we need to start collecting shirt sizes asap for those of you that will be signing up in the new year, would you please reply on here or message me so that I can get numbers to let work know ASAP. If you could get non totalbowling people to ring me on 0428 361228 or message me on facebook that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Jane.

tothie i heard some rumours about a milkshake being awarded to winners of grudge matches next season. is this true?? :p

Hey guys we need to start collecting shirt sizes asap for those of you that will be signing up in the new year, would you please reply on here or message me so that I can get numbers to let work know ASAP. If you could get non totalbowling people to ring me on 0428 361228 or message me on facebook that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Jane.

hey jane

size small for josh alvisse please
and large for dwayne vivian

thank-you :)

Clashes happen no matter how much I try to avoid it!
Having said that, I picked the 6th November because for some reason I thought Dunn Shield was the 2nd weekend in November!

Now, I can run it on a couple of different dates:
30th Oct - potential clash with Australian Masters should they remain in the October date.
6th Nov - Dunn Shield clash
13th Nov - NSW Open clash

I think the best of those options would be the 13th November as it effects fewer bowlers. Unless somebody has a better suggestion, I will shift Event 5 to 13th November.

Clashes happen no matter how much I try to avoid it!
Having said that, I picked the 6th November because for some reason I thought Dunn Shield was the 2nd weekend in November!

Now, I can run it on a couple of different dates:
30th Oct - potential clash with Australian Masters should they remain in the October date.
6th Nov - Dunn Shield clash
13th Nov - NSW Open clash

I think the best of those options would be the 13th November as it effects fewer bowlers. Unless somebody has a better suggestion, I will shift Event 5 to 13th November.

Go through your recent fields and work out how many bowlers actually bowl Dunn Shield first.

Anything on 20th November?

8 bowlers of the 24 that bowled in the final event bowled Dunn Shield.

You would get at least 4-5 of that field would bowl NSW Open.

Note that in that analysis the guys from Horsham didn't bowl? So they would contribute additional numbers that wouldn't be bowling Dunn Shield - but they may be tempted into NSW Open.

I don't see why the event can't be held at the same time as Dunn Shield (as opposed to running it against NSW Open anyway).

I bowled both Dunn Sheild and NSW Open, l would rather see no clash but l would think the better date for the local guys that bowl VSS would be the NSW Open weekend. The Horsham guys haven't done much travelling this year for National events interstate.

As for shirt sizes, I'm One Fat b@stard size, (XL) and Aimee would be 8yr old child size. You've seen her Jane, she likes her shirts to be fitted, not baggy.

Hey Tothie, lucky for you Mr Ryan didn't bowl more VSS, you may have found yourself lower down the finishing order.

Back
Top Bottom