EBONITE SPORTS SERIES - EVENT 3

Congratulations for all on making the final on what was a tough condition but then again that's why we have the sports series. Good luck to all those bowling at Epping in a couple of weeks.

She'll need to get her "facelift" before the television viewing. With an 8am start shell have to be up by 2am to start to get ready.
Have they got a WIDE lens viewing?????

So I assume Mr. Farqy that Chrissy does not have internet access;)

I am sure Tracey will fill her in on your post:D

Rob

Until Andrew can post again here is the top 20 for those interested:
Myself 1051
James Bowles 996
Michael McNamara 984
Alan Notman 978
Joel Lovegrove 975
Brett Hughes 974
Chris Clarke 970
Dillon De Mather 969 (Yes 1 pin)
Ralph Harford 967
Chris Mesagno 966
Andrea 965
Shane 964
Sarah 956
David 954
Kirstee 950
Andrew J 949
Bernie 942
Andrew Tonkin 937
Graham 932
Drew 931

Apologies as I did not have all the surnames of the bowlers placed from 11 - 20 so don't want to put down the wrong one.
I believe in the end there was approximately 93 entries including retries.

Good luck to my fellow participants at Epping and a big thank you to Rob, Andrew and Ebonite and all the other sponsors for putting on such a great event.

Looks like it was another tough condition. Well done to the man TEZZA and my buddy Joel.
Good luck to all 7 at epping.

Was definately a tough condition we bowled on this weekend, flying backends and outside 5 out of bounds! Scoring was tough and sparing a must. The best look i had on the pattern was with a 5th drill black U Dot. lol

Was great to see this event supported so well with plenty of re-entries. Congrats to all those that cashed and made Top 7, hope to see plenty of people down at Epping to watch the Final.

Cheers

Dillan

i think we can clearly see how tough the condition was. Only one person was above the card. It was a great condition, it made you think about what you were doing and accuracy was needed. Thankfully for myself my regular shot kept going brooky and striking so i stayed with it and it worked. I may have not made the top 7 but i'm glad i've managed to cash.
Sorry Dillan on missing out by a pin my friend! Hope you had fun bowling with me.
And the heat on Saturday didn't make it any easier on us.
Cheers to all and good luck to the top 7 at epping

Thank you to Ebonite for there support towards sport series event-3, and on a personal note a thank you to Andrew Tonkin for his efforts in giving his time and engery to promoting these events, knowing that running & organizing tournaments can seem a thankless task, I am sure particapating bowlers are thankfull.

Cheers,
Frank Bell.

Thank you to Ebonite for their support towards sport series event-3, and on a personal note a thank you to Andrew Tonkin for his efforts in giving his time and engery to promoting these events, knowing that running & organizing tournaments can seem a thankless task, I am sure particapating bowlers are thankfull.
Cheers,
Frank Bell.
Well said Frank, I totally agree.
I have only bowled a hand full of tournaments, however the Ebonite Sports Series has given me the opportunity to bowl with some talented blowers, and in some challenging conditions. More importantly the cost to enter is not exorbitant.
Thank you Ebonite and Tonx!:thmbup:

Also.. congrats to Giao for winning the Ebonite ball from the raffle and to Frank Bell who one the other free ball on the day ;)

Thank you Ebonite for this wonderful prize :)
Also want to thank Tonx and everyone who helped to organise this Sport series - I had a lot of fun - It gave me a good lesson of what I should practise on.

All the best to top 7 in the final round.
Terry - Great to see you come back :)

Well done to all those who made the televised final at Epping. To give the telecast more atmosphere, the crew of the Tenpin Bowling Show would love to see a healthy (and vocal) crowd at Epping. As you would have seen on a couple of posts recently, the show is going ahead in leaps and bounds, but the show NEEDS ATMOSPHERE! I urge everyone interested to come along and cheer the bowlers on so we can showcase this sport in its very best light.

Brenton Davy
Filming Manager
Tenpin Bowling Show

Dillon

I was wondering if there was any confirmation of exact check in time and if there are any other requirements for this coming Sunday out at Epping apart from what we have been told.

I am currently under the impression we need to be there before 8 am and be wearing black trousers. At this time we will be presented with the shirts. Is this still the case?

Thanks Tonx for all you have done for VSS mate. The success of VSS speaks for itself of your dedication and your sacrifice for our sport. Now you can take it easy and enjoy your bowling.
Dillan mate,
Good luck with this new endeavour. We know it's in good hands and we know you can take it to greater height.
Just couple of suggestions if i may. Let this event be a Victorian Event. If possible get Amf and the independent centres involved in it. And open an account under VSS, so that bowlers can see for themselves how much fund collected and how it is being spend. Remember transparency will stop people from *****ing.
Just my two cents and good luck this sunday guys :)
Cheers,
Alex

Have got a few ideas for the next event, but there is a lot to be organised. Probably get this event over with and start organising the next one soon. Was hoping to run something in March but looking at the calender there is a lot on over Feb and March. So at this stage i would say the next event would probably be the first or second weekend of April.

hey guys,

Quick update.

Times are as advertised. All bowlers must be there at 8am for briefing from the Filming Manager, Brenton Davy. Black Slacks for all entrants please. I am supplying shirts for the event.

There will hopefully be quite an audience at the event also. There should be a few "non bowlers" viewing some of the matches as well, so please be on your best behaviour!

Make sure all bowlers go up to both Brenton and Tony on the weekend, shake their hand and introduce themselves. What these guys are currently doing for us Bowlers should NEVER go unthanked!

See you all Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom