Vic Sports series Entries

I was unable to connect to the net during the day to update scores and I have left my list at work!

I have no doubt that Tonx will post a full report shortly, the finals were down to the last ball in each section.

For those that just HAVE to know.....

AFTER 8 GAMES
Scratch
1st Lindsay Kilpatrick
2nd Andrew Tonkin
3rd Chris Mesagno
4th Dillan De Mather
5th Brien Show-yin
6th Steve Toth

Handicap
1st Dean Lee
2nd Mathew Robinson
3rd Kelly Raveche
4th Bernie Grueso
5th Karen Smith
6th Tyson Hinton

After the play-off for 4th saw Brien & Karen go through, the stepladder games were nice and close. Final results were:
Scratch
1st Andrew Tonkin
2nd Lindsay Kilpatrick
3rd Chris Mesagno
4th Brien Show-yin
5th Steve Toth
6th Dillan De Mather

Handicap
1st Mathew Robinson
2nd Dean Lee
3rd Kelly Raveche
4th Karen Smith
5th Bernie Grueso
6th Tyson Hinton

i was there today at the Sport Series with my girlfreind and we were very taking in how people were bowling and the scores. i also liked the lanes too the Brunswick synethic lanes and approach and went from lane to lane to see how everyone was bowling and making new freinds too. even got to meet some people off totalbowling forums including Tonx today and congrations of winning the scratch part of the Sport Series well done mate !!:D:D

Would just like to thank everyone for a great day and great event. Special thanks goes to Tonx for making something like this possible, and to Lukey, Jenny and all the staff at Epping for putting on a well run event.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and got something out of the day on what was a challenging pattern. Look forward to the seeing all at the next event and continue to support the series.

Cheers
Dillan

As Dill has said thankyou to the staff at oz tenpin epping for a well run event....
Luke for making sure everybody was happy with condition and approaches, jenny for being jenny :p and all the cafe and counter staff making sure everything went to plan....
but the biggest thanks has to goto tonx for providing Victorians with an opportunity to bowl on what was a tough pattern and cant wait until the next one.... even if i bowled so amazingly well today :chair: ....

Thankyou For the challenging day
Drew

I also would like to thank all staff and cafe members, the Backend guys and Tonx for a job well done. Not a hiccup until the end when there was a little problem but i'm sure it was fixed.
Thanks Tonx for letting me draw out the Ticket and sorry to Jane for not pulling a black ticket out and sorry to my Dad for pulling a green one but not with his number!!! :)
I'm happy with the way i bowled on these conditions and to be getting compliments for my style was a great feeling to know i'm doing something right. It was great to catch up with mates i have not seen in years, sorry i couldn't talk more (Ganopes) will talk more next time.
Cheers.

Great event guys, congrats to the bowlers who participated, Tonx for his efforts and Epping for a well run event.

Tonx when you have a chance, is it possible to get the full finishing list and payouts? Cheers.

Tonx,

Thanks so much for the enjoyable tournament. It's good to see that there can be a tournament in Australia where only a minimal amount of bowlers are over 200 average and that people are actually having to make good shots to score well.

The oil pattern was also somewhat similar to the Chameleon oil pattern that we put down on the Sport/ PBA experience league at Mentone on Monday nights, although it played a bit tighter/ straight and was probably a truer shot.

Hope to see more people at the next tournament, and for those of you that were there and saw my Sport Series Training flyers out on the lanes, I hope to advertise the training sessions when we know the dates for the next tournament.

Oh, by the way, Congratulations Tonx... you deserved the win considering you struck out in both final matches to beat me and Lindsay... even though I still felt like I had the better shot and can obviously spare better than you :D

Dr. Chris

Congratulations Tonx,

It was good to see you get a reward for all your hard work & organization.

Every person I spoke to seemed happy with the tournament, and although the conditions were tough, there didn't appear to be any sour grape comments.

I enjoyed myself immensely, but because I had to work so hard to keep a shot going, I am now aching all over today.( must be something to do with being an old fart.)

I like many of the participants yesterday, look forward to the next event, and I am offering to help you with the organization & running of the next one, and I hope a few others will put up there hand to help as well.

Most bowlers don't realize how much effort is involved in the organization of even a small event. So many hands will etc.etc etc.

I have set up a scoring program which will make it easier to read the scores, so you are welcome to use it for the next event.

Thanks to Oz Tenpin and all their staff, and congrats to all involved on a well run event.

Regards

Brien S

Hey guys,

Finchy is going to try and filter the results score sheets and post the full results soon.

What people have said so far has been spot on. Jenny and Luke, as well as the staff @ Oztenpin did an awesome job keeping it all together. The pattern played as pure as anyone could expect. The shot scored as expected, and the shot to be making was definately outside and a little straighter, true to the demographic on the PBA.

One thing to note, was the guys that made it through to top 6 in scratch did nothing special, just took advantage when they had the shot, and grinded hard when they didn't. Not having to average 230 to make the cut was a refreshing change.

The *hiccup* at the end ran as planned. The guys that made the scratch cut bowled the scratch cut, and the guys that made the handicap cut bowled the handicap cut. The handicap bowlers were given the option if they had to travel to get home, that if they CASHED in the scratch section, they could take the money and the next eligable bowler could take their place in the handicap final. NO person that made the handicap section started the tournament with a 200 average.

Opportunity to bowl on what was a tough pattern and cant wait until the next one.... even if i bowled so amazingly well today

This is the attitude we need to make it a success. There will be ample oportunity for anyone willing to make the effort to practise on the patterns before each event, and Chris is getting together a sport bowling training and coaching session before the next event for bowlers to improve their shotmaking on tougher patterns. Watching Chris sand his ball down to 400 grit for the final, and matching up with the condition really well goes to show he really DOES know what he is talking about ;)

I'll be posting the finals videos over the next couple of days, as they are big files, so I want to split the files into their individual matches and cut the downtime from each match to minimise difficulty to download.

From a personal note, there is no better feeling to have to Strike out in the tenth to win a match, (let alone 2 matches :D) and actually being able to do it. I hope you all get to experience it in the future, and I hope these events give you that opportunity!

Thanks to all for attending!

Now excuse me for a few days, I've got to go learn how to spare a 10 pin again ;)

Congrats Tonx and Mathew Robinson on winning the first VSS tournament.

Thanks Tonx, Oz tenpin staffs for putting on a well run tournament. It was great to bowl on something challenging at a low price. Can't wait for the next one and hope more bowlers will support it when it comes out.

ps Getzgirl03 and Leo, the Black Widow Pearl looks good and nice reaction on the lanes. Tempting...

Vi

I like many of the participants yesterday, look forward to the next event, and I am offering to help you with the organization & running of the next one, and I hope a few others will put up there hand to help as well.

Most bowlers don't realize how much effort is involved in the organization of even a small event. So many hands will etc.etc etc.
Jane and Myself have offered our help and i'm sure a few others have aswell!!!

ps Getzgirl03 and Leo, the Black Widow Pearl looks good and nice reaction on the lanes. Tempting...
Vi

Thanks, I loved its reaction on the lane, would have been good if i could carry better, but still i love that ball.

As everyone has said so far. Thanks to Tonx for organising the whole event and all the staff at OzTenpin Epping for their great work on the day.
Even though I did not bowl all that well, I did enjoy the experience. It was the first time I have bowled on anything like it. I also got a real good appreciation of how good some bowlers must be to be able to deal with that sort of condition.

Even though I am moving out of Melbourne I am still interested in the next tournament and hopefully the dates will suit to be able to participate. I think also that the coaching that Dr Chris is proposing sounds like it will be worth doing. I think i learnt a bit about bowling tournaments yesterday but there is still a whole lot more to learn.

Overall it was worth bowling in it just for the experience even if I knew I was never going to get close to the top.

Well done to Tonx & all the staff at Oz Tenpin Epping
for all their efforts organising & running this event.
Tonx - Well done on your win
Dillan - I cant believe you let 2 old men beat you:)
Looking forward to the next one

Well done Tonx!

So that beating you got by a 103 year old really did make you bowl better. :p

All joking aside, well done to you and all those that bowled.

The video's are pretty darn good too.

Cheers

Thanks for the Video's they where awsome pitty i couldn't be there but had hockey otherwise i would of bowled. Hey Tonx any news on the next event and congrats on the Win and Lindz unlucky mate next time.

Back
Top Bottom