2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks to go.

Bowling for Werribee now, different zone, different people really looking forward to it.

BRING IT ON!!!!

Planned start time is 8.00am for both days. The plan is 5 games followed by lunch and a re-oil then the final 4 games. This would mean a finish at around 5.30-6.00pm. Practice is 7.45am after the briefing at 7.30am.

The complication is we only have 10 lanes and we have 9 teams plus a bye which has to be bowled. This means no practice lanes. We have two options - all seven bowlers bowl practice and then no further practice or new bowlers coming in get two balls per lane -- this will add up to an hour of extra time for the day so i am leaning towards option A.

I do realize people will complain about either option.

Lane draws should be e-mailed out to centres today

Thank Gary, not sure why it has take teams so long to confirm teams so we can get this under way but what ever its happened and now we can finally make preparations.

It has taken so long because some centres did not send any details. We did not know if we had 8 teams or 9 teams. That obviously makes a big deal of difference to the lane draw. We eventually had to phone them (after e-mailing) and one team still was not sure if they were going to have a womens team.
This was finally confirmed late last week so a lane draw was drawn up over the weekend and will be sent out today (if not already done)

Does anyone know what the minimum number of games will be 4 or 5 with 9 in total for the day ???

Werribee Mens Team...

David Porto
Chris Benson
Brian Elrick
Paul White
Matthew Farrell
Russell Stokely
Jason Newman

Sorry can't remember ladies team.

Hello all. This is just a last minute reminder for all teams in the southern zone which is bowling a zone final next weekend -- August 6th and 7th

The men will be bowling on Saturday with meeting at 7.30am practice 7.45am and start bowling at 8.00am. 9 teams entered so that will 8 games head to head plus the bye. Start with five games then lunch followed by re-oil and then final 4 games. (lane draw attached). No practice lanes so it will be 2 balls per lane for any incoming bowlers on the lanes where team has just played (will also be explained at team briefing)

Women on Sunday only have 8 teams so that will be one full round of 7 games. One hour later start 8.30am briefing, 8.45am practice and 9.00am bowl. 4 games then lunch and re-oil followed by final three games (updated draw attached). Top 4 from each division to go through to the final.

Minimum games is half the total number rounded down (ie minimum 4 for men and 3 for women)

This lane draw will also be sent to each of the centres. (i won't be online for next couple of days)

Attachments

• E.S.L.D.2011.xls
    22.5 KB · Views: 77
Werribee women's team

Narelle Baker
Rachael Glare
Julie Shields
Karen Newman
Lee Bowen
Mandy Lally
Karen Weston

What's the reasons for the change in women bowling on sunday instead of Saturday ??? Like it has done, for the last few years???

i know this is super early but my week is getting away from me already, so li'd like to wish all southern zone competitors the best of luck in Colac at the weekend and for everyone just to go out and enjoy this teams event for what it is..:)

This is a good question Marty if it was as some1 said due to netball we have some1 in our mens team that plays football and also we have had some1 pull out as he has to work on saturday. the dates were set for awhile now so could it have not been decided earlier. And Im pretty sure that people would have booked accomodation already aswell. Just asking so dont shoot me just dont agree with it thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom