2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Mildura host another zone final so soon they only held one 3 yrs ago why don,t other centres get a go
2006 Shep, 2007 Horsham, 2008 Mildura, 2009 Wodonga, 2010 Bendigo

Generally what happens is it gets rotated through the centres that request it.

It is likely that either Mildura was the only one to ask to host zone final or one or both of the centres that hosted it in the past two years requested it and Mildura got it because it had been longer since they hosted.

A similar thing happened in our zone where 2007 was W'bool, 2008 Bowlarama, 2009 W'Bool, 2010 Bowlarama -- apparently no-one else asked for it.

Feel free to correct me if that is wrong

So far Morwell's list for

Men :
Jason Motta
Bryce Woz
Josh Morel
Bryan Woz
Joe Tomasinski

Women:
Jodie (Motta) Tindal
?
?
?

2006 Shep, 2007 Horsham, 2008 Mildura, 2009 Wodonga, 2010 Bendigo

Generally what happens is it gets rotated through the centres that request it.

It is likely that either Mildura was the only one to ask to host zone final or one or both of the centres that hosted it in the past two years requested it and Mildura got it because it had been longer since they hosted.

A similar thing happened in our zone where 2007 was W'bool, 2008 Bowlarama, 2009 W'Bool, 2010 Bowlarama -- apparently no-one else asked for it.

Feel free to correct me if that is wrong

Why would a Center owner NOT want to request it :confused:

Seeing as its been a while since the Mowerll Men have entered a team, who is in this 'Zone'.

Now I am thinking that I may have to come up on the Friday night so I can get Re-Aquanted with the Colac locals Gary, and not be sick for the next day bowling!

come on motta not matter what day you get there ya still gunna be crook the next morning........probably something in the water

Seeing as its been a while since the Mowerll Men have entered a team, who is in this 'Zone'.

Hi Jason,

I think your in the southern zone so it'll be:

Morwell
Mentone
Narre Warren
Altona
Werribee
Geelong Bowl-a-rama
Geelong
Colac
Warrnambool

I don't think I forgot...

Thanks Gary for answering the question about why some centres get zone finals more than others.It surprises me that more centres don't request zone finals as it would be good for centre and town

Does anyone know what is going on this year with Melton no longer having a bowl? Does this mean there will be seven teams in the northern zone or has one of the southern teams been shifted to the north? (There were 9 teams in the southern zone last year - though Morwell did not compete)

As per the 2011 Emerson Shield Handbook we just got:

ZONE 1
Ballarat
Bendigo
Box Hill
Chirnside Park
Echuca
Epping
Greensborough
Horsham
Kerang
Mildura
Shepparton
Wodonga

Zone 2
Altona
Bowl-A-Rama
Colac
Cranbourne
Geelong
Mentone
Morwell
Narre Warren
Phillip Island
Rosebud
Warrnambool
Werribee

I know alot of those centres dont field teams, but maybe this time they will?

ZONE 1
Box Hill
Chirnside Park
Echuca
Greensborough

Need to know if the above centres are fielding teams.

Rob

I understand that Chirnside will have a mens and ladies team.
Will find out after the long weekend.

Greensborough wont be fielding teams.

Best to ask someone who works there.
Last year I was told it was a simple "top 7 averages make the team" but then thats the rumour mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom