2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev your still a goat Hearder.
And i love you to Kev and all of Shep.
Bring on the finals.

Deano

Kev, In no way do I hold anything against you, your family or Shep. If there was anything there that you thought related to the Shep men's team then it was unintentional and I apologise. We have always had a friendly rivalry with you *****s and it should stay that way. Hell, I even let you beat me to get your confidence back up because you said you were bowling bad ;)

As for you Denece, keep quoting rules. Lets face it, your attitude towards bowling does nothing but good. You assist players and teams to bowl in both Emerson and Country Cup by disputing every little thing and enforcing every little technicality and you have been helping them like this for years. Once upon a time we used to get people volunteering to be in positions such as you are in, now we are left with dregs in some cases. Once upon a time we used to have a friendly competition, now we have situations like this.

Denece, if you think for one minute that I am scared of you or will shut up just because you said so then you are mistaken.

If you guys are once again referring to SHEPPARTON, would you please get your facts right. Yes, I did vote against the proposal but I can assure you that our team has abided by the rules. (If you are not referring to Shepparton, maybe you need to pursue this matter with the offending team.)

Denece Jones.

Denece,

Team I'm referring to is not Shep. Actually a city based team - I have raised issues in the past with this team and their qualifying "procedure" and got no where - I'm not competing so don't feel like causing a world of trouble for everyone but posted initially out of sympathy for Lisas position. (im hoping that the city based team voted to allow the lady involved to bowl).

This whole thread is pointing out one thing to me. Emerson has become a joke with no ruling body and very few checks on rules etc.

Denece, if you follow the rules so closely then can you confirm for me that you were fair and checked the eligibility of every player in every team?

Gary.

2 days and no response. Perhaps I asked the wrong question.

Denece, you seem to know the rules inside out. Can you tell me who checks the eligibility of any players competing in the teams and/or how it is checked?

It really annoys me when people go knocking and kicking in the guts when they don't even know the rules.
Quoted from the Emerson Shield Handbook:

It really annoys me when people who think they know the rules use them to be pedantic *****s for no reason at all other than for their own personal gain or to be spiteful.

Re: Has Emerson become a joke?

Thanks for your comments guys. As an organisation we have to accept all feedback whether good or bad and learn from it. Goldpin Vic has lost a little direction with the loss of several key people who were instrumental in really driving the group.

I assure you that I have heard you, listened intently and taken your point. I am always available (as acting President of Goldpin Vic until October 18th 2011) to take any questions and I will do my best to get the correct answers. Rest assured that 2012 will see a different commitment from Goldpin Vic for the Tournaments. We will assign a Tournament Director to oversee all the events, and reassess the format of the events also.

If I could ask that you just give me some time to get this done- and I won't guarantee that it will be done overnight, but as one person I will give it all I've got and try my best.

Those of you who do know me will know that I will give it a 100% effort to get it right.

My apologies to all the bowlers who have supported us in the events and have been disappointed, but please be a little more patient and keep the faith.

With Thanks,

Edi De Pellegrin
on behalf of Goldpin Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom