2008 Playford Classic

No problem Paul,

I wasn't going anywhere with my comment.

You don't want it too top heavy anyway.

What you advertised was great, just hope we can get a few more to bowl and other not to drop out.

Your do-in a good job as always........

cheers

Tony

Sorry for the late notice, but could you please change me to B Squad.

Thanks

Brenton Davy

PS: To everyone reading this thread, remember that "The Tenpin Bowling Show" will be filming the stepladder and the more spectators, the better for the production and the atmosphere, so lets see everyone there!

As Brenton just announced, we will be filming at Elizabeth this Sunday!

PLEASE bring your friends, relatives, even the neighbor!
An active (loud) audience will add the finishing touch to a top local event, to be broadcast Australia wide in approx 4 weeks.

Thanks in advance,
Tony
Tenpin Bowling Show - it's a hit!

tbslogo.jpg

Hi all,

I have the top 12 qualifying scores from todays tournament, as seen below. Thankyou to everyone that bowled today, we ended up with 35 bowlers which was more than it looked like we would get earlier in the week.

I have also posted the first 3 reserves scores. Obviously if someone from the top 12 is unable to bowl for whatever reason, the place will go to the next available reserve.

I encourage all that are able, to come down and watch the final tomorrow. Should be another great day of bowling.

I will be posting the complete scoresheets from qualifying and the final tomorrow evening.

Just a reminder that check-in for the final is by 9am for a 9.15am start.

Thankyou again,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Pos. Name Squad Pinfall Average
1 Dave Kuhn B 2097 209.7
2 Tony Stoppel B 2088 208.8
3 Brenton Davy B 2078 207.8
4 Shane Tunnah B 2048 204.8
5 Rob Chinner A 2045 204.5
=6 Conor Quail A 2020 202.0
=6 Paul Streatfield A 2020 202.0
8 Damien Teague A 2007 200.7
9 Brenton Manning B 1974 197.4
10 Steve Doecke A 1972 197.2
11 Chris Cummins A 1971 197.1
12 Graham Simpson B 1954 195.4

1st res. Chris Mowat B 1930 193.0
2nd res. Carlos Gorostiaga B 1910 191.0
3rd res. Alex Klass B 1903 190.3

Cant wait to see this on telly, its fun seeing Mr Davy almost every Monday night!! :D Hope a date clash can be avoided next year and a couple of you guys can make it to K and K

Lets go one better than just the results - pics as well!

Brenton_Davy.JPG

Brenton Davy
Winner with a 184 over 2nd place with a 171
Shane Tunnah
Shane_Tunnah.JPG

Match 1 saw David Kuhn with a 213
David_Kuhn.JPG

Rob Chinner 191
Rob_Chinner.JPG

Tony Stoppel 198
Tony_Stoppel.JPG

Match 2 had Shane Tunnah on 225 & David Kuhn on 182

Really great to watch & the above matches will be played in entirety on national TV after the VIC150 (approx 4~5 weeks)
Tony
TBS

Nice job Tony with the filming the Playford open.

Just looking at the first show of this with the 3 tunners bowling..........

Talk about elite athletes ............

Cheers

Tony

Elite athletes? I even saw Rob Chinner drinking water through the day. Was assured by the officials that it wasn't vodka.

What is the world coming to? Oh well, at least he was injured. Can you imagine what Rob would do if fit?

Congrats to all and even to the Gordon Grenidge of Australian ten pin bowling.

Thanks to everyone at Elizabeth Bowland for a well run event. 14 years since i last won at Lizzie so its a long time between drinks.

Hope you guys see you way clear to run the event again next year.

Sweet!! Chinner on TV, is the show gonna be on at 10.30 that week to save using the beeps???(sorry Rob!!)

Where is the results any posting for those of us that did not bowl to the best of there capabilities???

Thanks to John and crew for the tourney though it was not any difficulties in the lanes or service Good to see so many pins in gutters kept JF on his toes first squad anyhow..

Tim

Where is the results any posting for those of us that did not bowl to the best of there capabilities???
Thanks to John and crew for the tourney though it was not any difficulties in the lanes or service Good to see so many pins in gutters kept JF on his toes first squad anyhow..
Tim

I didn't think there was enough pins in gutters!!!

Congrats Brenton - Strop made mention of the 3 Tonners in the finals, perhaps the Tenpin Show should promote the event as "Tenpin goes SUMO" or "The battle of the Heavyweights" lol only joking quys
KJ

Hey everyone,

attached are the final standings from both qualifying and the final of the 2008 Playford Classic. Thankyou to everyone that bowled or was here to watch the event.

Also a big thankyou to the Tenpin Bowling Show who taped the stepladder finals, which will go to air in about 4 or 5 weeks I believe.

Congratulations to Brenton Davy on winning the event, and to Shane Tunnah on finishing runner-up. Brenton Manning was the recipient of the sportsperson award.

Once again thankyou to everyone, we hope to see you all again next year.

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Attachments

• 2008 Playford Scores - FINAL.xls
    31 KB · Views: 52
  • 2008 Playford Scores - QUALIFYING.xls
    34 KB · Views: 43
Fantastic event, and well run.

Well done to all at Elizabeth Bowl involved.

PS....Well done to all placegetters, especially Brenton (you know how to win now, be the FIRST SEED!) and Conor (the only junior to cut).

Thanks again to John and Paul and all involved for this years event.

My only gripe still is getting more entries.............

Michael I assume you update the points and post them for the sports series.......

Keith....Funny Funny..........

Well done to Conor for your effort, it's good to see restraint in showing your emotion out there on the lanes..........very good.........reminds me of ........Mmmm .....ME!
You will do well in the future, I'm sure of it!

Well done once again to Tony and the team from the Tenpin Show......having to change to a wide angle lens for the first match, to capture the bowlers , must have been a challenging.
cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom