2006 Playford Classic

Tony... that is a very brave statement. I only hope that "Visionary" ball handles the conditions OK.
Seriously! Good luck to all competitors, paricularly "the old farts".
This is my prediction... the oldies will fill 2 out of the top 3 placings and will also dominate the finalists.
Now come on you old buggers, I've put my head on the block here... so have a go and put your balls on the line.
Glenn

strop said:
I going to make the boldest statement I have ever made in my life...........
I'm going for 3 in a row for these kind of tournaments and I intend in doing so!!!
I see alot of my older rivals are bowling this weekend which is good to see....
I hope you all bowl well this week-end, it's good to see these tournaments starting up. Congrats to the management!!!

P. S. - Now watch this backfire on me......!!!! Well we will see. I cant wait.

Don't know why I'm saying this, probably because it's late or I just found out I'm going to become a grandpa!! (Mid life crisis thing I think).

may your Balls be with you.........

Cheers

Tony

As good a place as any to win 3rd in a row. Elizabeth has always been kind to reverse hook bowlers.

Hi all,

well with only 15 hours until a squad will be checked in, everything is in place for what will hopefully be a great tournament.

we will be accepting entries tomorrow, plenty of places left in a squad, and only 3 left in b squad.

any more queries feel free to post them, or call me at the bowl tonight on 8252 0488.

see you all tomorrow,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Here we go guys, the top 15 qualifying results after today are as follows:

1. Ashley Warren, 2245, 224.5
2. Dave Kuhn, 2128, 212.8
3. Shane Tunnah, 2080, 208.0
4. Yousef Akbar, 2051, 205.1
5. Scott Miles, 2043, 204.3
6. Steven Gaertner, 2032, 203.2
7. Rob Chinner, 2028, 202.8
8. Ben Billing, 2012, 201.2
9. Tony Stoppel, 2009, 200.9
10. Damien Teague, 1999, 199.9
11. Maxine Nable, 1995, 199.5
12. Alex Klass, 1993, 199.3

1st res. Colin Hunt, 1990, 199.0
2nd res. Brenton Davy, 1967, 196.7
3rd res. David Sniedze, 1965, 196.5

check in by 9am for a 9.15am start.

see you then

Great stuff Tony, backed yourself in and didn't back down, i see....
i take it the Visionary stuff held up okay then??
I thought it might....

Congrats BigFella, well done indeed.

Michael Tran

P.S. Well done to Peanut for finishing second.....Bad luck gettin beaten by a bloke who was throwin 'THAT VISIONARY CRAP' !!! j/k good on ya all the same mate (",)

Growly said:
Tony... that is a very brave statement. I only hope that "Visionary" ball handles the conditions OK.

This is my prediction... the oldies will fill 2 out of the top 3 placings and will also dominate the finalists.

Glenn

Well so much for my predictions... I have never been very good at stargazing.

BUT, the ball went OK, and ... "Grandpa" went one better.

Commiserations to Ashley, you bowled very well. I'm sure your turn will come.

Congratulations Tony, top effort
I think it proves a vey powerful point... "that bowling balls are only as good as the bowlers behind them!!!"

A great effort by Tony who came from 9th qualifier after day 1 and survived all the knock out rounds to finish first. Not bad for a guy who doesn't bowl in a league, is allergic to practise and those who have seen him know he will never race in a marathon. I would like (toungue firmly in cheek) to blow a quick raspberry to the elite bowler/training sessions/healthy diet/sports psychologist pushers and say SEE!!!! I'm sorry but in my husband's case you just can't teach an old dog........and if it ain't broke......(could do with losing a few kilos though!)
Well done to Ashley, you bowled superbly in qualifying and performed brilliantly, I really thought you would go all the way.

Hi all,

sorry about the late reply, we have had computer troubles :(

Firstly thanks to all that participated in the playford classic. great to see so many people there and hopefully it has set the scene for what will be a great annual event.

the final placings are attached.

thats all for now, thanks again!
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Attachments

• final.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 62
To Elizabeth Bowl (John and paul) once again thanks to putting on a fine tournament. It all went well and hope to see it more supported next year.

Once again well done to ashley and other finalists who bowled well on the weekend.

also thanks for the comment on the site, growly thanks again for your support and drilling, stew (Stacey) my bestest (only) supporter thanks for everthing and why dont you say what you mean.? Starting to sound like me.....

I must admit I could have eaten a bit more fruit.........NOT............although I did change from Hungry Jacks on Saturday to Macca's on Sunday which helped........thanks Macca's..................lol.

See you all at the next one.............

cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom