2006 Northern Open

P

pstreaty

Hi all,

the 2006 Northern Open will be held on Sunday, 19th February at Elizabeth Bowland (11 Winterslow Road, Elizabeth West). Check-In will be by 10am for a 10:30am start. Entry fee is $110 per person.

This is a scratch event. The tournament will consist of 10 games qualifying, with the top 4 bowlers progressing to the step ladder final, which will be based on a 2-game aggregate series format.

Prize fund (based on 35 entries) will be as follows:
1st: $1,000 (plus trophy and paid entry in to next years event)
2nd: $500
3rd: $350
4th: $150

There has been plenty of interest so far for this event, and places are filling fast. Anyone interested in bowling in the event can leave their name on this forum, call the bowl itself, or complete one of the entry forms which will be sent out to each centre early in the new year.

I will keep everyone posted with squad listings etc... via this forum.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield.

Hi Paul,

Just saw a small problem with the date 19th Feb, it is the same date as the Mt Gravat Youth Open in QLD, and as such you might miss out on the likes of Tavis,Matt K ,Ashley,Kerry,Luise, Scott Miles?,Dion,Shane T, so yea just thought i would bring it to your attention

Cheers mate

Paul K.

Hi there Paul

Count me as as well thanks.

Just a thought though. Although I haven't looked have you considered putting an electronic copy of the entry form on this website?? I know for a fact that there is a 99.99% chance that not 1 bowler will see this entry form at Noarlunga. This is normal as they only promote AMF tournaments and not those tournaments from an outside bowling centre.

Lastly, the dates will be ok for me. If SA's Youth want to support a tournament in QLD then that is there choice. I know that if I had the choice then I would be supporting a tournament in SA being my home state (definately cheaper), and with any luck with the more support there is for such tourmanents then it is more likely the tournament will become an annual event rather than a one off. Something this state needs as there is a distinct lake of tournaments for scratch bowlers (scratch tournaments not handicap). At least the important ones will turn up.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Hey David,

Why do you think i placed my post? I placed my post so that numbers for the tournie at Elizabeth could be boosted!!!!!!!!!!!
The Mt Gravatt Youth Cup was posted on this website 3 weeks ago so all i was doing was making Paul aware of the fact that there was another tournament on the same weekend...........Youth bowlers with any ambitions of representing there country WILL choose to bowl in a Nationally ranked Tournament, but i'm sure those same bowlers would love to bowl at the local Tournie, so as you can see.....and i state again all i was doing was making Paul aware that the dates clashed.

Cheers for now

Paul K.

Ok Paul

Sorry about that, I wasn't having a go at you but it sounded like you were saying move the date of the tournament as there is another tournament on. Whilst in some instances that may happen if a tournament is being set up in SA then they should only be looking at what is on and what clashed in SA and at this stage there wouldn't be much. Whilst the likes of the people you mentioned may go and bowl in a tournament in QLD what about the other 5000 bowlers in this state that are dying to bowl in such tournaments but can't afford to travel. It is up to the bowl and the organisers of the tournament to promote the tournament and say this is better than the QLD Youth Tournament.:cool: :cool:

It doesn't matter when the tournament is held, if you were to look at every state and try and work out a weekend to put the tournament on then other than January and December you would most likely clash with some other tournament anyway. Like I said 19th of Feb is ok for me it is up to those bowlers out there who want to bowl in such tournaments to get out there and support it and make it successful so that it will be held year after year. If it becomes big enough maybe the QLD Youth Cup will start losing bowlers to come here.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Hey Sneedzy

You'll find there is no need to look at every states calander just the National Calanders and I'm sure you'll find at least one weekend almost every month where nothing clashes. Truthfully I'd love to bowl but I have already booked my flights for QLD and as that tournament gives me a chance of picking up ranking points and being seen by selectors thats where I'm gonna go.

Sorry Paul:( All the best though hope it goes really well:D

Catcha Later
Louie

Hey Louie

And I don't hold anything against those that don't want to bowl because they want to bowl in a tournament interstate. All I am trying to say is that just because a tournament is held in another state on the same weekend is just tough ****. The organisers at Elizabeht Bowl have decided to use this weekend so bowlers should respect that and make a choice if they can bowl or not.

Just my thought.:) :)

THANKS

DAVID

Hi all,

the reason for the date of this tournament is simply centre availability. We were aware of the clash with another tournament but this was the only weekend in february that we were able to hold the event.

Here is a list of the entries received so far:

1. Graham Simpson
2. Carlos Gorostiaga
3. Damien Teague
4. Alan Prysbysz
5. Rob Chinner
6. Tony Stoppel
7. Brenton Davy
8. David Sniedze
9. Scott Miles
10. Ben Billing
11. Peter Oliver
12. Tash Billing
13. Steven Gaertner

Keep an eye out for entry forms in your local centre this week, and an electronic copy of the entry form will be posted late this week also.

Wassup Streaty??
Can ya'll hook up Isaac and Bobba for the controversially held Northern Open Cheers

Udder

P.s Hell Yeah we Cut!!!

Dont worry , Mr Sneezy can shoot the card over more than one game!!! Is it partly because of guys like this other goose that we havent got that great tourney scence of the ATBA's best days when 180-190 shooters turned out in near locust plauge numbers??:rolleyes:

Thank you Strop and AdrianS

At least someone out there can see what I am saying.

01Kay. The tournament list was posted on one of the previous pages but in addition to that you can add Gordon Colmer, Isaac and Rob Elliott to the list. Don't know who else has put in an entry at the bowl though.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Hey there again Paul

I was talking to Chris Mowat tonight and mentioned the Northern Open to him. He seems interested. Can you please put his name down for the tournament.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE:cool: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom