2006 Playford Classic

Paul,
With the way the finals are played, say for the people that finished 3rd and 4th for instance, since they are eliminated at the same time how are you going to determine who finishes 3rd and who finishes 4th..........Highest pinfall maybe ? or What.

Cheers

Tony

Hi all,

in answer to your question tony, if 3rd and 4th are eliminated at the same time, their final placing will be determined based on their position after qualifying, ie. 3rd would finish higher than 4th.

i have the current squad listings as of today, it is as follows:

A squad (29 places left)
1. Paul Streatfield
2. Steven Gaertner
3. Richard Wisdom
4. Damien Teague
5. Matt Glazbrook
6. Carlos Gorostiaga
7. Tony Long

B squad (10 places left)
1. Alan Przybysz
2. Frosty Gorostiaga
3. Tony Stoppel
4. Alex Klass
5. Robert Elliott
6. Yousef Akbar
7. Ben Billing
8. Graham Simpson
9. Adrian Shelton
10. Colin Hunt
11. Clair Johnston
12. Dave Kuhn
13. Matt Kanafa
14. Ashley Warren
15. Bill Johnson
16. Jeff Elliott
17. Isaac Elliott
18. Jason Turai
19. Scott Miles
20. Jill Morris
21. Brenton Davy
22. Adam Spencer
23. Scott Smith
24. Shane Tunnah
25. Louise Ingoe
26. Ray Hume

keep the entries coming people, places are filling fast, particularly in b squad.

Please note that I am not the tournament director for this event, John Farrington (Centre Manager) will be tournament director.

we are having a few troubles converting the entry form to a file that we can attach to this forum, but it should be up by tomorrow.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Hey there Paul or John - which ever??

Can you please put me down for A Squad.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Streaty hun, I would really love to bowl but it happens to be my son's 5th birthday and I have promised to take him to see the crows v carlton that day , so while Ben is hopefully qualifying his way to a finals spot , I'll be sitting in my navy blue colours while my son is in red navy and yellow! lol

Good to see that tourneys are coming back to SA or being created anyway I wish all the best to everyone that bowls !

Ok all,

sorry about the hold up, but the entry form for the 2006 Coca-Cola Playford Classic is finally on the net, and can be downloaded from the attachement on this thread.

remember a $50 non-refundable deposit is required in order to secure a spot.

i will be posting a current squad listing later on today.
we have 41 entries so far.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Attachments

• playfordclassic.pdf
    155.2 KB · Views: 44
Hi all, squad listing as of today at 3pm is as follows:

A squad (25 places remaining)

1.Paul Streatfield
2. Steven Gaertner
3. Richard Wisdom
4. Damien Teague
5. Matt Glazbrook
6. Carlos Gorostiaga
7. Tony Long
8. Rob Chinner
9. Robbie Lescai
10. David Sniedze
11. Chris Mowatt

B squad (6 places remaining)

1. Alan Przybysz
2. Frosty Gorostiaga
3. Tony Stoppel
4. Alex Klass
5. Robert Elliott
6. Yousef Akbar
7. Ben Billing
8. Graham Simpson
9. Adrian Shelton
10. Colin Hunt
11. Clair Johnston
12. Dave Kuhn
13. Matt Kanafa
14. Ashley Warren
15. Bill Johnson
16. Jeff Elliott
17. Isaac Elliott
18. Jason Turai
19. Scott Miles
20. Jill Morris
21. Brenton Davy
22. Adam Spencer
23. Scott Smith
24. Shane Tunnah
25. Louise Ingoe
26. Ray Hulme
27. Maxine Nable
28. Greig Lyas
29. Rebecca Menadue
30. Sam Parella

Keep the entries coming people. entry form is on this thread as well as the tournament entry form section of totalbowling.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

hey streaty , is the tourney gonna be TBA accredited , not ranked but accredited at all ? or do you have to have a specific format at all , as I am unsure of how it works getting the accreditation

Thanks in advance

Tash

Hey tash,

sorry about the late reply. in answer to your question, the tournament will not be TBA accredited. this issue was discussed and considered and was only decided upon two days ago.

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hey Paul

Thats interesting that this tournament will not be TBA Accredited. What happens if someone bowls an honor score (280 and above). What if anything will the centre do for those bowlers. For example if someone bowls a 300 will that be recognised by the bowl. If the tournament isn't accredited then I don't think TBA would recognise such scores, that would be a shame for someone who might bowl there first 300 or something.

Now before anyone has a go at me for whatever reason, all I am doing is pointing out that there may be an issue there if such scores are bowled in the tournament. The last thing i would want to see is the sour grapes story after the tournament on here because something didn't happen the way it should have.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Back
Top Bottom