2008 Playford Classic

Hi all,

the 2008 Coca-Cola Playford Classic will take place at Elizabeth Bowland on the 24th and 25th May, 2008.

The event is the third in the SA Sport Series and will attract DOUBLE RANKING POINTS!!!

Format is similar to the past two years, but has been adjusted slightly based on suggestions from bowlers. Likewise, the prize fund has changed from previous years in an attempt to spread the money more evenly.

Please see attached entry form for more information. People may leave their names on this thread, but an entry form and deposit must be received in order to secure your place.

If anyone has any questions you can either send them to me in a message on this site, or can call the bowling centre on (08) 8252 0488.

Regards,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Attachments

• playford classic 2008.pdf
    170.6 KB · Views: 91
Hi guys,

after consultation with Brenton and the team at the Tenpin Bowling Show, I wish to advise of the following change to the format of the Playford Classic:

The Stepladder final of the event will now be 1 game matches instead of 2 games. This is due to time constraints of the tenpin bowling show (whose episodes run for 1/2 hour).

I would like to thank the Tenpin Bowling Show for their support of this event, and I think it is great that the stepladder finals matches will be televised.

Regards,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Can I just ask one question without getting my head bitten off.

Did you guys look at the calendar before picking this date, as you are coming up against a Nationally ranked event, like the K&K Classic.

I am not sure that any of you guys bowl in the K&K but was just asking the question, that's all.

I suppose I better pick a squad......."B" please.

cheers

Tony

And no I'm not going to the K&K

Hi Kellie,

the calendar was looked at before choosing the dates for this tournament. The clash with the K and K classic was considered, but after viewing squad listings from this event from previous years, it appears there are not many bowlers from SA that travel to that event.

If the bowlers are concerned with the clash, they will have to make a choice as to which event they would rather bowl in.

The bowling centre also has several large bookings on other weekends around this time, making it impossible to hold the event on an alternative weekend.

Regards,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Good work Paul.

It's hard enough to organise one event without having it clash....try an additional 5!!
But I agree...K&K didn't turn out too well last year, and not many SA'ans bowled it.

Oh btw, A squad please (",)

Good work Paul.

It's hard enough to organise one event without having it clash....try an additional 5!!
But I agree...K&K didn't turn out too well last year, and not many SA'ans bowled it.
Oh btw, A squad please (",)

Michael what on earth allows you to say that about the K&K LAST YEAR...

You didn’t bowl in it nor have YOU ever bowled in it

And yes NOT ALOT of SA Bowlers bowl in it BUT maybe if they did they would enjoy it...

So I would like to know how you come to that conclusion...I mean this event could have clashed with Arafura as you only have 1 SA bowler going...but its not what I recommend...Qld manage to avoid the clashes, why when SA have half as many events cannot do the same...

The K&K prize fund is excellent (YOU ALSO GET PAID IN CASH)

Travel isn’t expensive to get to Brisbane...

The organisers bend over backwards to make sure there is airport pick ups if required and is one of, if not has one of the cheapest entry fee’s for a Nationally Ranked Event...

Not to mention a couple who have had a dig at it are the very ones who start carrying on regarding SA Cup entries falling...You are knocking an event that has had one of the highest participation levels of most Majors for a few years now, yet your very own tournament SA Cup has struggled to get any where the numbers K&K receives...

I suggest unless you have hard facts about the K&K, then you think twice before bagging an event you know nothing about considering your own events don’t get great numbers to them...

Maybe if this wasn’t on the same weekend as the K&K you may have attracted some interstaters’ also...I know I and others up here looked at it and worked out it clashed...Maybe both events could or received better participation levels if you had a better outlook on clashing events...

My mistake Jase....and I acknowledge it publicly.

George was talking about low participation numbers in other east coast events and I must have had my wires crossed.

It's hard for us southerners to get up to K&K as it's not just airfares we need to think about. Accommodation, day off work (possibly) food costs add up, as they do for all tournaments. In this particular instance, I would rather miss cut at home and not spend $500+ doing it.

As for having half the events that the east coast have and not fitting it in on the calendar, makes it tough for us, as the calendar comes out to us with the east coast events already on it. Sometimes we just have to clash it, and then people need to make a choice. SA has 6 events plus SA cup on the calendar, the east coast may have at least triple this amount.

I realise I have limited experience when it comes to travelling for tourneys, but not everyone has the money to travel to bigger tourneys. People like me will just have to settle for events at home.

Streaty,

Im happy to donate my money to the prize fund again lol
i have 'B' Squad please my good fellow :p

Cheers
Udder

Back
Top Bottom