2007 Playford Classic

Well I'm definately going to bowl in it. It looks like it should be a good tournament, lots of good bowlers already going to be in it. I'm only 21 myself, but I like bowling against the top bowlers of the state. It's always great to play against the state and senior state bowlers on league nights. Definately which has helped my bowling out alot over the last 2-3 years. Even more challenging to compete with them at a tournament! I don't travel interstate for my bowling, I like tournaments I can bowl in, in South Australia.

I haven't gone in too many tournaments over the years, only recently in one and a couple last year. But I saw this tournament, and thought it would be a great time to start going in more tournaments. I'll definately be there and I'll give it my best shot. Can only help my bowling out more! :)

Chin I cant agree with you more. I cannot see why some of the youth bowlers bowl interstate spend the big bucks and then dont support the local comps. Financially it seems great, only $150 to bowl and the chance of winning some good cash. As far as competition, I dont care what some people say, this state has some stiff competition and can teach some of the Juniors and youth a thing or two. I mean the likes of yourself Chin and Tony were bowling before I was born!!!! (Im not saying you are old, its more to the point of an experience thing - no offense there so dont take it to heart)

Chin you mentioned that it could be a case where the bowlers think they are too good to bowl in a local event. This could well be the case, but if this is the mentality of people, then wouldnt they think "im this good then I should be able to win a local" - not too sure to be honest.

Off topic but food for thought isnt it.

Cheers

Hi all,

After discussing the current entry situation with management, it was decided that we simply can not afford to provide any additional incentives at this point in time.

If the tournament entry numbers do not increase rapidly within the next month, then the tournament will be running at a loss.

Basically, until the entry numbers have reached those expected, we can not even consider any additions to the prize fund.

I think some people are perhaps of the wrong mentality in regards to this tournament. If you bowl in it and happen to win, then that is great...but if you don't win...even if you finish last...you have still gained extremely valuable experience bowling against the best bowlers in the state.

I agree with Rob in regards to his comment about people not wanting to "lower their standards" to bowl in this tournament. If you look at the scores from last years event you will find that the bowling was of extremely high quality, very very similar to those events interstate...only it costs a fraction of the price to bowl in.

At the end of the day I would love to provide "extra incentive" for some of the bowlers, but we can only help those bowlers who wish to be helped.

If spending an enjoyable weekend bowling against the top bowlers in the state isn't enough incentive for people to bowl...then perhaps people are bowling for the wrong reasons.

Just a thought

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Absolutely agree with both Matt and you Paul on this.

Lets hope for the best, and hope the tournament gets its numbers

Cheers

Tony

On finishing Michael I do use Visionary gear, and be truthful it probably wouldn't matter what equipment I use, the result will still be the same. But I do like Max because stacey knew Max before I did (I think) and he looks after me, that's why I dont mind wearing his name on my back when I bowl, so he can have all my business. (Mind you with my open posts on here he probably wishes I didn't.)

Cheers

Tony

We love having you use Visionary gear Tony, especially as I think you are right - you could bowl with any brand and still achieve what you do. Michael and I see it as an honour that you use VBP and wear our shirts when bowling.

Unfortunately there are not enough people who post from the heart in forums, you do that Tony, and I have absolutely no problem with it at all. We can't all agree all the time, but that is the great thing about forums such as this one.

Max

Hi all,

current squad listings are attached, keep the entries coming people.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Squads.xls
    19 KB · Views: 52
One thing people should remeber.
They're not going to be young forever.
If the bowlers of today dont support these tournaments now, in 4 or 5 years time when they're to old for Youth there going to have nothing to bowl in. And we will have a new generation of bitching about no tournaments.

After much discussion with my dear wife, Stacey we have decided to help out this tournament a little by adding a couple of small incentives for this tournament.
FIRSTLY we are putting up $100 to the Highest placed NON CASHING Female for this tournament.
SECONDLY we are putting up $100 to the Highest placed NON CASHING Youth (Under 25's female or male) for this tournament.
While these incentives seem small every little bit helps.
Cheers
Tony & Stacey
P.S. Paul will bring the envelopes on the Saturday of the tourney.

Tony and Stacey Stoppel

Thankyou so much for your kind and very generous donation to help the tourney out. Small or not , the fact you have even considered it is amazing.

It is much appreciated and with that I'll be the first to say a huge thanks to you both .

Hi, Just want to point out to that you cannot win both if your a female and a youth, we want to share the wealth around.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

I can't thank you and your wife enough for your generous donation. Your ongoing support of this event is greatly appreciated and im sure everyone else involved in this tournament feels the same way.

Hopefully this will encourage more youth and female bowlers to compete in this event. Currently we have approximately 35 entries...we are getting there...lets hope we get a few more in the next couple of weeks.

Once again thankyou Tony for your outstanding contribution to this event.

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

With Tony's OK, I add the following to his offer.

I will cover the difference between the $100 he is giving and the next tournament entry fee the his "winners" go into.

For example, the highest placed non cashing female will receive $100 from Tony and Stacey. If that female wants to go into a tournament with an entry fee of $175, then I will give them $75.

Thus the highest placed non cashing female and youth bowler now have their next tournament fees covered (thanks mainly to Tony and Stacey).

Hopefully this helps keep them in tournaments.

Des

Good to see that bowling hasn't died completely as per previous other comments. Tony, Stacy & Elizabeth Bowl I hope this add extra incentives for others to bowl. I have been only back in the game now since the new year and I was disappointed with the current turn outs to tournaments. There must be something we can do to improve this. This offer is a great start.

Well done Tony Stacey and Des. Your generous offers are in the true spirit of the game and you are certainly putting your efforts in to encourage others to enter. What an opportunity for the youth and women to have a go. For a start and to give others encouragement, I have now entered my first open tournament, I know I won't make the cut but I would hate to see another SA tournament go by the wayside and at least with your generous offers, I have some prize to aim for. Thanks again.

Thanks Des , I am sure everyone will appreciate what yourself , Stacey and Tony are doing for the local tourneys to try and boost numbers.

Back
Top Bottom