2007 Playford Classic

Hi all,

current squad listings are attached

numbers are getting there...slowly

hopefully the generous donations from Tony, Stacey, and Des can encourage a few more of the youth and female bowlers to compete.

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Squads.xls
    19 KB · Views: 62
Hi all,

with exactly 2 weeks to go before the tournament, the following addition to the prize fund has been made:

Elizabeth Bowland Manager, John Farrington has agreed to award $100 to the highest non-cashing male bowler, as well as $100 to the highest non-cashing youth bowler (the opposite gender to that of Tony's donation).

What this means is that the following prizes will be awarded, along with the original prize fund:

1. Highest non-cashing male adult bowler: $100 donated by John Farrington

2. Highest non-cashing female adult bowler: $100 donated by Tony Stoppel, as well as the difference between the $100 and the cost of the next tournament entry for this bowler, donated by Des Wragg

3. Highest non-cashing male youth bowler: $100 donated by John Farrington/Tony Stoppel

4. Highest non-cashing female youth bowler: $100 donated by John Farrington/Tony Stoppel

The donation by Des Wragg in regards to the difference between the $100 and the next tournament entry for the youth bowler will be awarded to either the male or female bowler, at the discretion of Des. John and I will donate the difference for either the female or male youth bowler...the opposite one to Des.

I thank Tony and Stacey, Des, and John for their generous donations. Hopefully they will entice a few more people to bowl in this great event.

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Hi all,

just wanted to clear an issue up in regards to this tournament.

This issue was raised to me by a few people that there might be some bowlers who do not want to enter this tournament, as they believe the prize fund will change dramatically if the 50 entry figure is not reached.

After going over the figures this afternoon, I can say with confidence that the prize fund will not change, as long as we receive 43 entries. It would be great if we could get 50, but 43 will be enough to keep the prize fund as stated on the entry form.

Only a couple of weeks to go...i know there are many bowlers who are still deciding whether to bowl or not...hopefully having more confidence in the prize fund will entice more entries in the next fortnight. Promises to be a great weekend.

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Hi all,

well its getting close to the big day, and this time next week I will be getting the centre ready for the following morning.

I don't have a current squad listing on me at the moment, but we are still a bit short of the 43 entries that we need to keep the prize fund the same.

The trophies are in, coca-cola products are on the way, now all we need is a few more bowlers, so if you are hesitating with your entry, now is the time to send them in.

Although the entry form states that entries close soon, we will still be accepting late entries...even up to the morning of the tournament. If, however, you do intend on coming next saturday, please either leave a post on this site, or phone the bowl on 8252 0488, so that we have a rough idea of how many people to expect.

Thanks all,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Seeing as it looks like we are not going to get the required number of entries to honour the prize fund would the bowlers of the tournament consent to cutting 1st to $1500 for example and spreading the extra $500 through the other positions?? I personally wouldn't have a problem with it maybe Paul and John can think about bringing it up in the briefing on the weekend. I just wouldn't want to see people cut and not get anything like what Salisbury Singles struggled with last year.

Just a thought.

Bobba

If it comes to that I agree with Bobba, the top places should be trimmed to cater for the lower cut places. I think failure to do so would only result in even fewer turning up in future. $1500 is still pretty good for a tournie of this sort.

Just my .02

Hi all,

obviously if we do not receive the required number of entries, the prize fund will need to change.

As can be seen via the attached squad listings, we currently have 33 entries, and I am confident that we will still get at least 40, as I know of many people who are planning to either enter "at the last minute" (ie. thursday or friday), or simply turn up prior to check-in time for one of the squads on saturday. As stated in a previous post, entries on the day will be accepted, as long as the squad is not full (which does not look likely).

If we do receive 40 entries, the prize fund needs to change...but not excessively. One suggestion that has been received by many bowlers is that if the prize fund does need to change, then perhaps the difference could be subtracted from 1st place, as this was $2000, but anything above $1500 or so could be considered as suitable for an event of this type.

The prize fund situation will be discussed with bowlers on the weekend, prior to both squads, and their views and opinions will be considered before any decision is made.

My suggestion (based on 40 entries), would be to reduce 1st place to $1600, and keep the remaining fund the same, as to ensure all bowlers that make the final receive their money back.

Any opinions on this suggestion or other possible ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am confident that this would be the greatest alteration (in terms of $) that would need to be made.

Regards,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Squads.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 44
Just a suggestion. have you rang some of the bowlers who participated in the tournament last year who's names are not yet on the list ? you may be able to get atleast one more bowler for this tournament

jeremy hill

Paddlepop,
Anything over $1000.00 would be suitable for an event like this seeing as some of the nationally ranked youth events only offer $1000.00 for 1st!! But we commend your efforts in trying to promote and make the tournament a success and hopefully there will be a few 'late entries' to make sure of a really enjoyable weekend. I'll see everyone on the weekend.

Cheers,
Bobba

Back
Top Bottom