2006 Playford Classic

I think for "accredited" you can substitute the word "ranked", obviously it will be TBA sanctioned.

Hi there AdrianS

To be accredited means that TBA will recognise and have approved the tournament. For a tournament to be accredited the entry form, format of how it is run, etc etc needs to be be sent into TBA and they approve or disapprove it either by the board or the tournament committee or something like that at least.

For a tournament to be ranked I think the same thing happens but there is a set of different criteria that needs to be met before it can be ranked. For a tournament to be ranked I think it has to have a minimum prize fund for 1st, must be open to the whole of Australia, etc etc. The criteria is set out somewhere on the TBA Website somewhere.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

hi david,

as a bowler who is yet to bowl a game of 280 or above, i completely understand why you are concerned about honour games not being recognised.

rest assured that the bowling centre will definitely recognise any honour game that is bowled during the tournament. as a centre, we actually look forward to this happening, as no-one has bowled a game of 290 or above at the centre since it re-opened at the end of 2003.

the exact award is yet to be finalised, but i can guarantee you all that if there is such a game bowled, it will be recognised by the centre, both at the cente for everyone to see, as well as the individual receiving a personal award.

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Thanks for that Paul

Just thought I might as well say something before it is said later on down the track and attracts bad publicity because something wasn't done right the first time.

Anyway, Can you plesae put GORDON COLMER down for B Squad. If that squad is full then can you please put him down in A Squad.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Hi all,

squad listing as of today is as follows:
* indicated deposit has been paid

A Squad (22 places remaining)

1.Paul Streatfield
2. Steven Gaertner
3. Richard Wisdom
4. Damien Teague
5. Matt Glazbrook
6. Carlos Gorostiaga*
7. Tony Long
8. Rob Chinner
9. Robbie Lescai
10. David Sniedze
11. Chris Mowatt
12. Jarrod Hill
13. Chris Walden*
14. David Heron*

B Squad (5 places remaining)

1. Alan Przybysz
2. Frosty Gorostiaga
3. Tony Stoppel
4. Alex Klass
5. Robert Elliott
6. Yousef Akbar
7. Ben Billing
8. Graham Simpson
9. Adrian Shelton
10. Colin Hunt
11. Clair Johnston*
12. Dave Kuhn
13. Matt Kanafa
14. Ashley Warren
15. Bill Johnson
16. Jeff Elliott
17. Isaac Elliott
18. Jason Turai
19. Scott Miles
20. Jill Morris
21. Brenton Davy
22. Adam Spencer
23. Scott Smith
24. Shane Tunnah
25. Louise Ingoe
26. Ray Hulme
27. Maxine Nable
28. Greig Lyas
29. Rebecca Menadue
30. Sam Parella
31. Gordon Colmer

Just another announcement regarding the final of the tournament:
in addition to their already generous support, Coca-Cola will be providing each of the 12 finalists with a tournament shirt to wear during the final on the sunday.

keep the entries coming people

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

hey guys,

47 entries so far, great to see so keep them coming.

i dont want to give any clues, but lets just say there will be some extra incentive for bowlers throughout this tournament, including additional prizes apart from the cash. these things are sure to make this tournament one of the most comfortable for the bowlers, as well as one of the most exciting.

thats all the info. for now,

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

hey all,

with just over a month until the playford classic, there are still a number of places available. currently we have 44 entries, so keep them coming.

just another reminder that DEPOSITS are required in order to secure your spot.

more news as it comes to hand

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hey Paul... how are the squads coming along??

Is it Possible to get a squad listings update please?

Cya in a couple of weeks

Thanks in advance

Ashley

Hi Ashley and others,

i dont have an exact squad listing at the moment as I am not at work but I can tell you that currently we have 47 entries, with only 3 spots left in B squad.

we are hoping to receive at least a few entries from the seniors, who bowled here last week.

will keep you posted as details come to hand...

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hi all,

the latest is as follows:

A squad is half full
B squad is completely full

We currently have 50 entries exactly, so providing everyone turns up the prize fund will remain as stated on the entry form.

the finalists shirts have arrived, but bowlers have the option as to whether they want to wear them in the final or not.

trophies arriving tomorrow

1 week to go!

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hey there Paul

Have you only ordered a certain number of shirts?? Can they be purchased by bowlers in the tournament that don't make the final?? Is it possible to get a shirt but without the word Finalist on it if it does so?? for those that don't make the final.

THANKS

DAVID

Hey David

I don't know the actual answer for your question. But if you really think about it. The shirts are for the finalists. Some things in life have to be earnt not bought.

Louie

answering both you questions was already said in the previous post by paul with bowlers having the option, however I do agree that all finalist should be made to wear there shirts out of pure respect for the sponsors and the Bowl.
I know certain people get sponsored by private organisations eg...maybe Visionary etc then certain exception may apply.

cheers
tony

Hi all,

well with just 2 days to go before the classic begins, just a few final things to say.

currently we have 51 entries (16 in a squad, 35 in b squad)

all finalists will be given shirts to wear if they want to (they dont have to). please note that these shirts do not have collars (unfortunately).
the decision on the remaining shirts will be made by the centre manager on the weekend.

please could everyone make sure they are on time for check-in, we dont want anyone getting disqualified.

any other questions just let me know.

cheers for now,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Louie

I am not going to debate this one as there will be posts put on here as pathetic as that in the thread for the nothern open.

Anyway, I spoke to paul the other day about that issue and said the same thing as he has just posted.

I would have expected that for those that got into the final there would be in the design of the shirt Finalist or something on the shirt but I don't think there is.

Anyway, if there are shirts going to be left over after they are given out to those in the final, I don't see a problem if they are bought by bowlers who didn't make the cut. At leaast that way the bowl isn't losing money on shirts that aren't used.

As stated about the Manager has the last say in what happens, we will see on the day what goes.

I will just have to make sure I get into the last 12 and I won't have to worry about it then.

See everyone there and GOOD LUCK to all that are bowling.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

I going to make the boldest statement I have ever made in my life...........
I'm going for 3 in a row for these kind of tournaments and I intend in doing so!!!
I see alot of my older rivals are bowling this weekend which is good to see....
I hope you all bowl well this week-end, it's good to see these tournaments starting up. Congrats to the management!!!

P. S. - Now watch this backfire on me......!!!! Well we will see. I cant wait.

Don't know why I'm saying this, probably because it's late or I just found out I'm going to become a grandpa!! (Mid life crisis thing I think).

may your Balls be with you.........

Cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom