2007 Playford Classic

Hi all,

with less than 48 hours until the start of the tournament, I encourage any people who wish to enter to either phone the bowl on 8252 0488, or simply by posting their name on this site.

If there is anyone who wants to enter and is not sure which squad to bowl in, I would encourage them to bowl in A squad (morning), as this squad has a few less bowlers than B squad (afternoon), and we would like to even out the numbers as much as possible.

If anyone wishes to simply come out on saturday and enter on the day, this is fine also...as long as you are there by the advertised check-in time.

regards,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hi all,

just a reminder that check-in times for tomorrow are as follows:

A squad: check-in by 9am for a 9:30am start

B squad: check-in by 2:30pm for a 3pm start

cheers,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Hi all,
the final qualifying scores from today are attached. Just a reminder that check-in is by 9am tomorrow for a 9:15am start. If any bowler is late they will be removed from the tournament and will be replaced by the reserve(s).
I would like to thank everyone for participating in this event and hopefully the final will be just as exciting as the qualifying.
regards,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Scores.xls
    35 KB · Views: 84
2007 Playford scores in PDF

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Scores.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 43
Hi everyone,

the results from today's epic final are attached... we saw history as there was a tie for first position betwen Brenton Manning and Colin Hunt (who happened to play against each other in the final game).

thankyou to everyone for supporting this event, in particular Des Wragg, Tony Stoppel, and John Farrington.

planning for next years event will begin almost immediately in an attempt to attract more bowlers...particularly from interstate.

thankyou again

regards,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

Attachments

• 2007 Playford Scores - Final.xls
    32.5 KB · Views: 77
Well done to all place getters, had to work hard for your pins all weekend. No easy strikes.

Thanks to Des, Tony and John for putting up some of their own cash to attract more bowlers....you guys are fantastic and your generosity is unparalleled. Thanks Elizabeth Bowland, for a good sport condition and minimal breakdowns, a credit to your team. But especially to you Paul, your efforts behind the scenes and on the day for making this event a success (plus bowling in it!).....This weekend wouldn't have happened without you. Thanks mate!

Does this mean we will have a huge support for this event next year, and even for the other events in SA for the rest of the year? I hope so!

Even though I didn't do so well, I enjoyed bowling this event, I picked upsome valuable experience on a tough pattern.

Cheers guys

For those who are unaware the prize was based on 50 but earlier in this thread it was announced that it would be honoured with 43. Unfortunately only 34 bowlers turned up for the tournament however the ENTIRE PRIZE FUND was HONOURED even though Elizabeth were down on entries. A HUGE thanks must go out to John and Paul for being able to do that and also thanks to those who contributed out of their own pocket, the Stoppel's, Des Wragg, John himself and the major sponsor Coca-cola.

What a great finish to a great event. Congratulations to Colin and Brenton for equal first and well done to all the other bowlers fighting for the minor positions. It was great to watch. Hope to see many more entries at the next tournament.

Cheers,
Bobba

Back
Top Bottom