2008 Playford Classic

Remember Tonya Harding (the ice skater who paid someone to take out her opposition)?

I think Chin must pay someone to keep him injured.

One Rauchig he had an injury that needed to be taped and then he got an allergic reaction to the tape!!!

I think maybe the other states should pay for someone to keep Chin healthy (or at least undamaged anyway).

Des
PS: I hope the knee/calf/eye/thumb/whatever it is time gets better soon mate.

Paul....

Can you please add Joel Lovegrove (Vic) to B squad....

Also can we have an up-to-date squad listing?

Thanks

Hi everyone:

updated squad listing is as follows:

A Squad: (11 entries)
Paul Streatfield
Brenton Davy
Nick Vale
Aaron Rhode
Steven Gaertner
Richard Wisdom
Damien Teague
David Sniedze
Travis Barnard (WA)
David Wyborn
Chris Cummins

B Squad: (16 entries)
Tony Stoppel
Graham Simpson
Brenton Manning (D/C)
Matt Kanafa
Robert Elliott
Carlos Gorostiaga
Frosty Gorostiaga
Alan Przybysz
Shane Tunnah
Isaac Elliott
David Heron
Keith Townley
Dave Kuhn
Michael Tran
Alex Klass
Joel Lovegrove (VIC)

Once again thankyou to everyone that has put their name down for this tournament so far... we do still need more numbers to ensure that the prize fund is not altered greatly. I am currently working on obtaining some sponsorship $ that I can put towards the fund. If, however, no more sponsorship money is received, then the prize fund based on 35 bowlers could be something like below:

1st $1,000
2nd $750
3rd $500
4th $350
5th $300
6th $250
7th $230
8th $220
9th $200
10th $200
11th $195
12th $190

Obviously the more entries we receive, the more prize fund we can give out. I see a lot of entry forms disappearing from centres, yet not many more names being submitted. Now is the time people, get behind bowling in this state.

I will have a summary of the oil pattern on Thursday and will post it on here.

Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

as has been pointed out to me, first prize is guaranteed at $1,500 meaning that any sponsorship money received will go towards this prize before it is distributed amongst other placings

cheers,
paul

Hi everyone,

a brief outline of the oil pattern is below, please note that as we do not have a kegel, it is not possible to do a board-by-board description.

2008 Playford Classic Oil Pattern:

Forward Oil:
1-7 board - 12ft oil, buff to 40ft
8-10 board - 30ft oil, buff to 40ft
11-20 board - 38ft oil, buff to 40ft

same pattern on each side of the lane

Reverse Oil:
1-7 board - 0ft oil, buff to 25ft
8-10 board - 8ft oil, buff to 25ft
11-20 board - 25ft oil, buff to 25ft

same pattern on each side of the lane

If anyone would like to come down and practice on this condition please just let me know and we can arrange a time. I would suggest Saturday morning would be a good time, but we can also arrange other times.

Keep the entries coming people, 2 weeks to go, should be a great event

Cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Hi all,

I can now confirm that the pattern for the seniors event WILL be the same as the pattern to be used the following week in the Playford Classic. Great opportunity for people to practice under tournament conditions on the pattern.

cheers for now,
Paul Streatfield
Elizabeth Bowland

Hey,

So I dont know much about oil conditions/patterns so that oil condition mentioned what is that like?? heavy oil or what??

I would like to know as Im considering bowling for the experience =]

Thanks
Conor

As for the experience, you should definitely bowl it....if you can afford to. Not easy for the young 'uns these days.

As for the condition, buff to 40 feet, shot looks to be at 6-7 board. Right up your alley Conor! (no pun intended, of course...) There will be Out of Bounds, don't rock up and expect a ditch like Salisbury at the moment...:D

See ya tonight.

Ok then I will give it a shot.

Can you put me down for 'A' Squad please Paul.

Thanks Conor

Hey everyone,

great to see some more people entering the tournament. Have received 3 more entries in the past 24 hours... keep them coming people!

cheers,
paul

Back
Top Bottom