Win a 2006 Melbourne Cup Spot - 26th Feb

See here lies the problem with people being allowed an open forum to voice mis information and half truths..........as I said before the one and only time Paul did this (and again he was not the only one) there was quite good prizemoney on offer for the lower positions not just an SPC spot for the winner so why should these people not be allowed to play for that. I see the people complaining the most do not appear to be the ones actually competing in and supporting these events so it is thanks to people like you that so many events have to be cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Me Cheryl? sorry, my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I said that...and I was there bowling alongside you.

Btw, I dont care if Trotts does play again...even if he did it the once only, theres no law against it. I actually like watching him play....shows us peons what to aspire to. As I said in an above post, he's in a class of his own.

no Adam I was definitly not referring to you....I'm sorry if you thought I was. I knew exactly where you were coming from.

Step off the Plate Cheryl,lol i am not attacking anyone !! Quote Buzzer and Alex :mrgreen: Like i said before no rules was broken and you and Trotts and others have every reason to do it again. But all i was saying was let's have a fair field for all ( my opinion on a open forum and i am entitled to it ). One question remains..how come only 13 bowlers turned up? Most bowlers here know how good Trotts is and they know they got no chance ..don't lie now guys / gals lol. We do admire and respect him for that. I never said anything bad, all i said was our top BOWLERS should set an example for the young to follow.I had to work on that day if not i might have come and donated my cash too. Yes most bowlers do support our tournaments as long there's a chance for all to win. Without bowlers like us,there won't be a tournament. This will be my last say on this out of respect for Joe and his Tournament. Good luck everyone :D

Well i'll have my say on this maybe Cheryl will back me up when you(Alex) put your name down and then didn't come. Trotts is a good bowlers but you can not stop him from entering a tournament even if it does include a free entry into a tournament that would be stupid. Trotts can be beaten so just because he has his name on the list dosen't mean you have to pull out.
Chris

Coconut said:
See here lies the problem with people being allowed an open forum to voice mis information and half truths..........as I said before the one and only time Paul did this (and again he was not the only one) there was quite good prizemoney on offer for the lower positions not just an SPC spot for the winner so why should these people not be allowed to play for that. I see the people complaining the most do not appear to be the ones actually competing in and supporting these events so it is thanks to people like you that so many events have to be cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Coconut....you're getting off track here...you said in a previous post that Paul was trying to win the spot to give to you.
Thats the issue here.We all know he wasnt playing for minor prizemoney!
My problem is that someone can win the same prize twice and I just cant see how that is fair on the other bowlers.
Please explain to me how it is fair?
Ps..Joe... Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Buttsie said:
Surely this is not in the spirit of sport?Whats wrong with having a go yourself like everyone else has to?
Hardly seems fair to be able to pay Australias leading bowler to play for you does it?
Organisers should add stipulations to these events;
a) Bowlers not permitted to bowl again after winning OR
b) Permit winners to bowl,but if they win again the prize to default to 2nd placegetter.
These tournaments are a great idea but lets keep it fair..

I agree whole heartedly.

I have no problem with anyone bowling the same type of tournament again BUT you should not be able to transfer the 'free entry' to any other bowler. You Bowl to earn the 'free entry', or pay for full price for it. There should be NO transferring. The Prize Fund clearly states what's on offer when a Tournament is listed - and if a certain bowler wins a 'free entry into...' then I would expect THAT bowler only to be entitled to bowl in that 'free' tournament.

To me, its the same as a Professor doing a Scholarship Exam, either to give the Free Scholarship to someone else (who hasn't earned it in their own right) OR - selling it off for further financial gain. That's Bull ....!

I believe this is something that Tournament organisers should look at more closely. For me, it goes 'against the grain' as far as sportsmanship and fair play are concerned, to know that a 'top bowler' can be up for sale to the highest bidder. Its morally wrong that a bowler can qualify any other bowler for a free or discounted entry into any tournament.

Carol & Michael

Get over it....it did not happen, had he won the spot he would have sold it to me yes, just like other people that day but he didn't. He did however also have the opportunity to win the other prizemoney on offer (which for the entry fee that day was quite good) . I was simply explaining when I stupidly posted on this forum, obviously I won't make that mistake again,that Mark was wrong as Paul had not done this the last couple of years as he had stated.

Joe i know i have put my name down but put maybe next to me at this current moment as i'm very busy going into april so hopefully i will be there but me sorry if i'm not but i'll let you know.

Chris

can you put me in for the 9th of april thanks joe and not on the 30th as i posted 4 weeks ago ty peter hammond

Okay guys and gals have been reading all the comments with regards to winning spots. My personal thing has always been if you win a spot then you can not bowl off for the next one. However if there is a fair bit of prize money involved then those bowlers could bowl for the prize money but the spot would go to the next placegetter who had not won a spot previously.
It should be pointed out over the years there have been several bowlers who have won spots and then sold them to someone else for all sort of reasons. Unless we are offering substantial prize money in our next few spots I can not see any reason why previous winners would bowl again. In the main these spots are usually put on by centres to create some extra lineage while at the same time trying to encourage a whole range of bowlers to try their skills against some of best in the state. It is nice to be able to go into a event and pay a low entry fee to pit your skills against the states best. So having said that we look forward to seeing you all at Ed Fleming Lanes on the 9th April.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom