Win a 2006 Melbourne Cup Spot - 26th Feb

Just to let all the bowlers know that we will accept entries on Sunday morning, just rem,ember check-in is 9.30am with start 9.45am.

Our next MTC will be announced later on as I had conversation with Chris M at Mentone and they are looking for a weekend to run a sports event, so I have decided that I will hold off anouncing next date until Chris can confirm Mentone's. As we do not wnat to clash, this is the only way you the bowlers will benefit.:cool:

No sleep and bored so posting:(

1st Paul ( Bloody ) Trotter 1779
2nd Cherly ( sorry i didn't knee cap him ) Langland's 1675
3rd Frank bell 1652
4th Narelle ( Drop the ball ) Baker 1635
5th Jimmy Bowles 1596
6th Gary ( Knox rock's ok ) Zanoni 1570
7th Russell Stokely 1562
8th Adam Hayes 1551
9th Joel ( i spanked u bad ) Lovegrove 1528
10th Chris ( Knuckelhead ) Castle 1509
11th Chris Benson 1473
12th Rebecca Robinson 1442
13th Ian ######## 1328

Well done Joe great fun and cheap more of it great value for money ( even though Trotter took it all ) i'll be back no Trotter;)

Gary....................................................:cool:

well done Joe great tournament Cherly was leading for 6 games anyway well done trotts and i won't be back but i'll be bowling Melbourne Cup anyway. Also was great value for money even though we couldn't get 16 was still an awsome event.
Chris

Thanks to all the bowlers for their support, I could not post any results yesterday as my system had crashed at the bowl. I was a bit worried to see Gary Z walk in with a crow bar but wasn't game enough to use on Trotts. Chery bowled fantastic and just could not hold off Paul in the last couple of games, Narelle started slow and came home with 253, 223 & 226 for a 702 series.I think she was still in Mildura holiday mode. Jimmy Bowles shot the high for the rool off with a 278 but ket putting in that 150 plus game in between his high games.Russell Stokely looked like causing an upset but the last 2 games seemed to tire and cost him dearly,Frank Bell could not get rid of those corner pins otherwise would have been a lot closer.
Conditions were laid as per Melbourne Cup and our next roll-off will be the 9th April, anyone interested please let me know. will be same format and cost will be the sam $60.00 per bowler.:cool:

Gary,

whats to stop Trotter bowling another one and then selling the spot

he did it the last couple of years

Hey Buzz

Please explain..........he has never done that!
Last year at Dandy he tried to win a second SPC spot for me as I paid his entry to do so.....however there were at least 2 other people doing the same thing that day for themselves.

Cheryl

Coconut said:
Hey Buzz
Please explain..........he has never done that!
Last year at Dandy he tried to win a second SPC spot for me as I paid his entry to do so.....however there were at least 2 other people doing the same thing that day for themselves.
Cheryl

Surely this is not in the spirit of sport?Whats wrong with having a go yourself like everyone else has to?
Hardly seems fair to be able to pay Australias leading bowler to play for you does it?
Organisers should add stipulations to these events;

a) Bowlers not permitted to bowl again after winning OR
b) Permit winners to bowl,but if they win again the prize to default to 2nd placegetter.

These tournaments are a great idea but lets keep it fair..

Buttsie said:
Surely this is not in the spirit of sport?Whats wrong with having a go yourself like everyone else has to?
Hardly seems fair to be able to pay Australias leading bowler to play for you does it?
b) Permit winners to bowl,but if they win again the prize to default to 2nd placegetter.

Why should they put on a stipulation you can't stop a bowler from winning another spot all they are going to do is sell it if they win the spot there going to sell it. Trotts bowled in it again but cheryl paid for his spot. and troots didn't win but they are making money to sell a spot so people don't have to pay full entry price.
Chris
PS if that makes any sence ok. hope it does

"Well done Joe great fun and cheap more of it great value for money ( even though Trotter took it all ) i'll be back no Trotter "

I was quoting Gary

All I was attempting to display here is there is nothing stopping Trotter from bowling another one. After asking him last year why he was bowling again after he had already won a spot he said and I quote " there is still money to be made and if I do win i can probably sell it or give it to Cheryl" No where did I say this was wrong just informing Gary that it wasn't a sure thing that Trotter would not be at the next one. or anyone else who has won a spot for that matter.

Thinks its time to step off the plate Cheryl. I was not attacking anyone. hell if i was good enough i'd do it myself.

Now do you want to explain to me where your coming from?

Guys,

I remember Dandy last year cause I won that spot. When I saw Paul and Lindsay, who both had won spots already, bowling again, a simple answer... "MONEY"

So what is problem here guys? If he did win, then so be it and he can do as he pleases with that win...

Buzzer, back you up here mate...

Leo

I never said there was anything wrong with doing it...surprised more people haven't done it in the past. All i was saying is that Paul had never done it in the past for Melb Cup and that spot at Dandy was the one and only time he had done it...and yes Buttsie it was all above board cause I actually asked the manager at the time if there was anything stopping him bowling again and winning a spot for me and the manager said that was fine.

Coconut..I didnt mean to imply that you broke the rules,I simply think its unfair on the other bowlers and the rules should be changed.

Dandy bowler's doing thier best;)

The key word again ..............T.E.A.M.....................:rolleyes:

Gary........................................................:cool:

Thats fine Buttsie but on that particular day there was also prizemoney on offer for other positions so by coming second and third both Paul and Lindsay covered their entry and made a profit so why should they not be entitled to do that, the SPC spot was not the only thing on offer that day.

Hey Gary there is a separate post of god knows how many pages for your Dunn Shield dribble so why not leave it there.....perhaps it is Dandenong that is a TEAM as I don't think I have seen Knox's name on the shield yet;)

Fair enough :-#

Gary.............................................................:cool:

Buttsie said:
Buttsie, i totally agree with you. I am not saying it's wrong ......far out if the organisers screw it up,but common where's the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship / sportswomanship in this. Are we that greedy that we are willing to sell our game for 30 pieces of silver!! What's next? Belmo and George coming down and winning all the spots and selling it at EBay? Aren't the top bowlers suppose to set an example for our young bowlers to follow?
It does't matter who paid for the game.. its how we play the game.That's my two cents. Yes i do have the balls to speak the truth without fear !!

Back
Top Bottom