Win a 2006 Melbourne Cup Spot - 26th Feb

Where is all that positive thinking.........have put both down for the squad.:cool:

Hi Jimmy, if you read my previous post ther will be no MTC spot on the 26th Feb as AMF will be running a tournament at M'Bbin and we do not really want to clash. So the first spot that we will be running will be on the 5th March. So I have put you down for that one and we will see you then, by the way dont forget to tell all your bowling mates about the roll-offs.:cool:

put me down for the 5th aswell but only if your air con works who ever bowled sa will no and strike alot not bad $$$ for a place ...DWAINE

Dwaine, you will have to have a practise first this year so you don't miss out by one pin again.....

You and Ralph and Burto Snr should start a "I missed the cut by one pin" club......

:rofl:

Sorry just kidding - it would be funny though.

Hi Peter and Dwaine, have put you both down for the 5th March.Thanks.
As for Aircon units, they have been replaced by new units so all working real well. And Strike Alot paid well at Traralgon the duets paid even better, but the Trifecta was a little low paid $59.00 for $1.00.

Current list of players for the 5th March Roll-off:
Paul Trotter
Cheryl Bast
Chris McKenzie
Rebecca Robinson
Gary Zanoni
Andrew Thorpe
Narrelle Baker
Adam Hayes
Russell Stockley
Jimmy Bowles
Peter Hammond
Dwaine Rumble

Where are all the Emerson shield bowlers!!! Must be still enjoying Holidays...
Remember if I can get enough Females to hold a seperate roll-off I will put up a MTC spot.:cool:

Attention to the female bowlers

I had a chat with Joe tonight after league.

Initially he was going to try and get 16 women to bowl at the same roll-off to make it feasible. After a bit of discussion we thought that it may be too difficult to organise so we are going to run something past you.

This is what we are suggesting to try and do with the ladies/girls that want to roll off for the spot in Melbourne Cup.

You can bowl on whichever date you chose for the roll-off, and if there are 16 (or more) women bowlers Joe will offer the free entry to the highest female overall, doesn't matter which roll off you participate in. (You can even bowl more than once if you want.) Joe will keep the scores for all the women and whoever wins after the four roll-offs are completed (providing there are 16 or more entries) will win the ladies spot in the MTC.

Please let Joe know if you are interested as this will definitely make it worthwhile for the women to have a shot at the roll offs. If you are not sure how it all works just give Joe a ring at the bowl.

Here's to a strong ladies field in the Melbourne Tenpin Cup 2006!!!!!

I'll try and make 1 of them Joe just depends on Hockey training and that since we have started pre-season i'll try and make 1 but i'm not promising as yet.
Chris

Okay you Hockey freak.....I know your committed to running your heart out.:cool:

can you plz take me out of the roll of spot as i have quit bowling cos i have now got into harness racing full time and my weekends are too busy with the horses .......Dwaine

Re: Win a 2006 Melbourne Cup Spot

Okay Dwaine good luck with your Trotting venture and hopefully you will drive a winner or two very soon.
Up dated list for the 5th March spot:
Paul Trotter
Cheryl Bast
Chris McKenzie
Rebecca Robinson
Andrew Thorpe
Narrelle Baker
Adam Hayes
Russell Stockely
Jimmy Bowles
Peter Hammond
Lindsay Kilpatrick
Joel Lovegrove

Dont forget guys the more bowlers we have the more money we will be paying out after every game.:cool:

Finchy said:
boosting this topic back to the top....
Joe, list me down as well. My left knee is much better. This time am coming with lots of fasting n prayers [-o< [-o< :D
Cheers
Alex

Hi Vic bowlers, Seems a bit strange to be having several spots on the same day so Ed Fleming Lanes have decided to cancell all Melbourne Cup spots as I am not going to get into situation where bowlers loyalties are questioned because they have to choose which event they will want to support. I am sorry that we have had to do this but unless I can guarantee 16 bowlers in a roll off we will not be having any. If some of you bowlers think that I am peeved off you are correct, I find it very strange that we advertise our dates very early so that bowlers can get their calendar set and then we have other centre putting spots on the same day. I would think that there are enough weekends for everyone to have a crack without doubling up on events. In the end it is the bowlers who again miss out.

:puppydog:

I swapped my sunday shifts for the 5th of march spot.

Would you reconsider if you got 16 bowlers definite Joe? Maybe with a deposit?

And yes it is lame...ie: Northcote's AO spot when this has been advertised for ages. Is there any talk between centres at all about this sort of thing? centres shouldnt run it when they feel like it, at least check whats on during the same weekend so bowlers....and centres for that matter get the best possible return.

Back
Top Bottom