Win a 2006 Melbourne Cup Spot - 26th Feb

Its dissappointing to see it come to this Joe.

I'd been contemplating bowling this event only to help ensure that it opportunities like this continued next year (when I hopefully come back to tournament play - after a self imposed one year break to complete uni.)
After receiving a PM and a subsequent handout last night from you, my mind was made up that I would bowl.

For what its worth, I would most likely have bowled the 5th March, due to the field you had competing already.

Hopefully a few other bowlers will post, indicating that they will still support Ed Fleming's Melbourne Cup spot. The way I see it, you've shown the initiative to run these spots, only for another centre to try take the limelight. I'm sure you have no problem with other centres offering spots of their own, but to decide to run it against yours is rediculous. I'm equally as sure that many of the bowlers will bowl in more then one cup spot event. Northcote could easily have offered a date that didn't clash with Mooroolbark's.

Hope you can still manage to run these spots Joe!

Regards,
Craig

G'day Joe,

I'm sure if you put the 5th back on offer those who were going to bowl would be most interested. I'm sure you would get your 16 bowlers.

Russell Stokely

Hi Joe,
What a pity there is a clash. Well mate you can sure count me in for
the spot at Mooroolbark.
Thanks Paul Trotter

Joe i will bowl in the 5th of March as we don't have hockey training so if you can get the 5th of March Back and running count me in.
Chris Castle

To all those bowlers that rang and send private e-mails regarding the 5th March MTC spot thanks for your support. At this stage I have 14 bowlers but not everyone has confirmed that they will be bowling. For those that have made changes to their work rosters I will hold the 5th of March roll-off and hopefully we can gain the 16 bowlers required.
1.Paul trotter
2.Cheryl Bast
3.Chris McKenzie
4.Rebecca Robinson
5.Andrew Thorpe
6.Narrelle Baker
7.Adam Hayes
8.Russley Stockley
9.Jimmy Bowles
10.Lindsay Kilpatrick
11.Joel Lovegrove
12.Alex Krishnan
13.Ian Cockburn
14.Frank Bell
15.Chris Castle (maybe)

I look forward to seeing all you bowlers at Ed Fleming Lanes on the 5th March.:cool:

add me 5th march Ok joe i will make a come back for one day just to help you out ok just to get the numbers even if i wont win i will always try an support you amf can go jump ... and work is so cool

Okay Dwaine have put you in and thanks for your support. Glad you finally found a job that is cool,how long before you start driving winners.:confused:

Latest update on our 5th March MTC roll-off.
1.Paul Trotter
2.Cheryl Bast
3.Chris Mckenzie
4.Rebecca Robinson
5.Andrew Thorpe
6.Narelle Baker
7.Adam Hayes
8.Russell Stockely
9.Jimmy Bowles
10.Chris Castle
11.Lindsay Kilpatrick
12.Joel Lovegrove
13.Alex Krishnan
14.Ian Cockburn
15.Frank Bell
16.Dwaine Rumble

I just want to clear up the matter on the clash of dates between Northcote and EFL.
Northcote actually scheduled their event back in January as well. As you can see by EFL's orginally post, the 5th of March was not on their schedule.
In January we printed our entry forms and started to promote the event through Northcote and various other AMF centres.
As I am sure you all know, not every AMF house tournament is promoted on totalbowling to gain entries, it is purely another means to communicate to bowlers.
The posting of our entry form was an after thought by Brendan, and our event was not run on the basis of getting our entries via totalbowling.
As Joe pointed out, the schedule is extremely tight, and no centre plans to clash dates with other centres. It's a simple fact, with so many centre's running these type of spots, there is bound to clashes now and in the future.
I would finally like to say, if EFL and Northcote can't get 16 entries each from the tournament bowlers in melbourne, then the future of tournament bowling is looking pretty bleak for everyone.
Grant Eadie
AMF Northcote

Hmmm i know which tourny i will be competing in the one that offers $640 in possible payouts instead of a possible $250 payout .Quite simple math actually put me in thanks Joe.

Thanks Ralph will see you on the 5th March.
By the Andrew Thorpe you have indicated that you would be bowling on the 5th at EFL and yet I saw post that you would be bowling at Northcote. Can you advise which is you will be bowling at, makes life easier for both centres if we know which one you will turn up for.

Just to bring this topic back to the top. The 5th March roll off will definietly go ahead and at this stage we seem to have 13 confirmed with a couple of maybe's. We look forward to seeing you all on the 5th March.:cool:

Hi Joe, Can you please add me as well for the 5th March. I may be a bit hungover but who knows - that may help....
Seeing as Ralph is going to bowl I may as well have a go while I am there.

Thanks heaps.

Hi Joe changed my mind i'll be their 5TH March.

Just let Paul T know i have Tanya Harding's friend on stand by:rolleyes:

Gary...........................................:cool:

Thanks guys, at this stage we have 19 bowlers who indicated they would bowl, I still have not heard from Andrew Thorpe if he is bowling for MTC or going to Northcote for the A/O. Either way would be nice if we could confirm where is bowling.
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday morning at Ed Fleming Lanes and our lanes will have the Melbourne Cup Pattern laid down on the morning.:cool:

Hi Joe,

I will be bowling at Northcote this weekend as i originally thought the 5th March had been cancelled.

Please put me down for the next spot, i will be a definite starter.

Thanks Andrew

Back
Top Bottom