Melbourne Tenpin Cup Spot

E

edfleminglanes

Ed Fleming Lanes will be running a Melbourne Cup Spot on Sunday 10th April, with check-in at 9.30am. Cost will be $60.00 for 10 games. Based on 15 entries. If we receive 21 entries or more we will pay a 2nd Melbourne Cup spot to the highest placed Female bowler(non-winner). Having said that if a female bowlers wins the spot then the highest placed male will receive the 2nd spot. Lanes will be oiled on our Melbourne Cup pattern, which will give all you guys the chance to practice on the right conditions. If we manage to get over 30 bowlers then I will put another spot up for grabs. So the more bowlers who enter the more spots will become available. :D :D :D
I have already been told that this is very short notice, but weekends free are very rare these days and AMF have secured some spots which they will be running as well and I do not want to clash with any of their dates. As Frankston is the only dates advertised April 10th became an ovious choice. :cry: :cry: :cry:
With several spots up for grabs you the bowlers have an opportunity to win a spot and save some cash in the process. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Entries for the Melbourne Tenpin Cup should be out by the end of April, as we are in the final negotiations with several sponsors and should have everything set in concrete soon. Dates for the MTC will be 11th -13th June, which is the Queens Birthday weekend. :p :p :p
Early entires will be accepted.........See you all on the 10th April. :p :p

This seems a bit unfair that if 21 entries are reached the highest placed Female will receive a spot equal to the Best bowler on the day.

The second spot should go to the second highest placed bowler as there will be a lot more male entries than female.

Please do no take this the wrong way in that i have something against female bowlers.

Just seems unfair that someone can miss out on a spot by bowling better or been piped at the post, why not have seperate divisions for male and female and base spots on the entries this way?

hi Joe.. Providing it doesnt clash with any otha tourny's plz count me in..
a squad listing would be great..
thanks Tracey

Well abuse, the reason for the 2nd spot is to encourage some of our female bowlers. The fact of the matter is quite simple that we need to encourage as many bowlers as possible, whenever possible, and there are a small number of female bowlers in Victoria who support a lot of events but with very little success, so this is my way of saying have a go with the boys and you have a chance of securing a spot if you are the highest placed female.
By the way would be nice if we knew you you are, seems these days it the right thing to knock people without letting the world know who you are.
If you read the posting correctly you would also have noticed that if we get more entries then I will give out more spots.
How about putting your name down and see how we go.

Thanks Tracey, as far as I know the roll-off does not clash with any other event.
Squad listing so far:
Vi Huynh
Chris Castle
Paul Bast
Tracey Madden

There were a few others who have made enquiries with regards the roll off but have as yet not received any confirmation that they are actually bowling. Obviously I am hoping that you females have a go as "Mr Abuse" will be there to support all our female bowlers... :oops: :oops:

Hi Joe,

what about some kind of youth or junior insentive to bowl.

I'm sure the youth bowlers in Victoria would love an opportunity also to win a place in the Melbourne Cup.

Just a productive thought anyhow.

Squad listing so far:
Vi Huynh
Chris Castle
Paul Bast
Tracey Madden
Joel Lovegrove
Anthony Morell

Regards

Buzzer said:
Hi Joe,

what about some kind of youth or junior insentive to bowl.

I'm sure the youth bowlers in Victoria would love an opportunity also to win a place in the Melbourne Cup.

Just a productive thought anyhow.

Mark most of our youth bowlers have the ability to win a spot with out given them treatment. However if you can get 15 youth bowlers together I will put up a spot for them to roll off in.

Hi Guys, just up dating our Melb Cup Spot.
1.Vi Huynh
2.Chris Castle
3.Paul Bast
4.Tracey Madden
5.John Costantini
6.Joel Lovegrove
7.Anthony Morrell
8.Sean Gothe
9.Joe Tomasinski

I had a feeling that maybe a few more females would have tried out, let face it ladies $60.00 is pretty cheap to bowl in the Melbourne Tenpin Cup.
Will see most of you at Rachuig trials, look forward to your entry then.

Hi Joe, good to see you giving some bowlers who wouldn't normally be able to afford to bowl the chance to compete with some of the best bowlers in Australasia, well done.

Unfortunately I can't put my name down to bowl off for the MTC spot as I live in Auckland, NZ. But there is a group of bowlers in Auckland who have booked airfares to attend the MTC (myself included), when can we expect to see some information on the tournament itself? I have just gone to the Ed Fleming Lanes website, it still has the news articles on the 2003 tournament.

Regards,

David.

Hi Joe,

Please disregard my query as to when the MTC information (entries) will be available, I should read posts more thoroughly before responding to them.

Also I see you are accepting early entries for the MTC itself, assuming the qualifying schedule is the same as last year please put me down for Squad D.

David Davies (NZ)

Hi Guys just updating our MTC list for next Sunday.

1.Vi Huynh
2.Christ Castle
3.Paul Bast
4.Tracey Madden
5.John Costantini
6.Sean Gothe
7.Joel Lovegrove
8.Anthony Morrell
9.Joe Tomasinski
10.Ryan Burton
11.Amos Tan
12.Bernie G
13.Leo Torres
14.JR Magnaye
15.Craig Babeki
16.Rebecca Robinson
17.Andrew Thrope
18.Paul Trotter
19.Cassie Staudinger

Thanks guys and let your friends know that we are holding a MTC spot, the more entries the more chance of another spot to win.

Back
Top Bottom