When does east coast start ????

J

johnny rotten

I was just wondering when east coast qualifying starts and where is it ????

Ok here we go

On behalf of the MTBA

I have procured the Dates for the EastCoast Challenge Cup qualifying stages and Venues.

Stage 1 May 28/29 Keon Park

Stage 2 June 18/19 25/26 Moorabbin (Exact days to be confirmed)

Stage 3 July 30/31 Dandenong

With the Eastcoast championships being held in Toowoomba QLD 24/9-01/10/2005

We will once again be holding the following

Shur Graphics Under 21 cup on 20/03/2005 at Keon Park

MTBA Classic Adult tournament on 17/04/05 at Moorabbin

So put these dates in you bowling diary

All entry forms will be out over the next few weeks so watch out for them

Hey Fuzz,

Just a few quick things to bring up I dunno if you can do anything about them but we will see. I've noticed a couple of date clashes:

Both Stage 1 and Stage 3 trials clash with 2 Youth Ranking Events (Canberra Youth and Bankstown Youth I think).

Shur Graphics on the 20th also clashes with the newly introduced Masters Challenge down at Mentone.

I know there are barely any free dates around anymore but just thought I would let you guys know.

Cheers,
Hughesy

Fuzzy
Could you please make sure some entry forms for some of these events get mailed to country centres as some centres are not on line to download which meens we miss out.
Thanks
Gunther

Hughesy thanks for the info below as always the calander is getting much harder each year to prepare and decide on which dates may be suitable.

The one positive in all this is that if a bowler wants to plan their bowling all year they can select which tournament they will chose so as you can see its becoming a buyers market.

It just goes to show that the sport of Tenpin Bowling around Australia can be seen in a positive way.

"Just a few quick things to bring up I dunno if you can do anything about them but we will see. I've noticed a couple of date clashes:

Both Stage 1 and Stage 3 trials clash with 2 Youth Ranking Events (Canberra Youth and Bankstown Youth I think).

Shur Graphics on the 20th also clashes with the newly introduced Masters Challenge down at Mentone.

I know there are barely any free dates around anymore but just thought I would let you guys know."

Gunther,

As soon as they come off the printing press I will make sure that the MTBA commitee will have copies sent out so as those that can not get acess online will be still able to enter.

Fuzz

"Could you please make sure some entry forms for some of these events get mailed to country centres as some centres are not on line to download which meens we miss out."

thanx

thanx fuzzy now i can start booking airfares and hotels :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuzzy said:
I know there are barely any free dates around anymore but just thought I would let you guys know."

Fuzzy,

I have looked at the calander for this year in regards to holding ECCC roll offs and clashes with national events. If both Stage One and Three are put back one week this aviods any potential clashes.

As Brett has previously mentioned Stage One clashes with Canberra Yth Cup and Stage Three clashes with Bankstown Yth. However if these stages are held one week later, Stage One would be held on the 4th-5th of June with Stage Three on the 5th-6th of August. These two dates coincide with the Perth Tenpin Cup and the Mackay Open.

Before everyone jumps on my back indicating a clash of dates still occurs, i have researched these two events. Last years Perth Tenpin Cup featured three Victorians (Paul Trotter, Nat Shelley and Dave Rogers) and the Mackay Open has not been held as a ranked event previously (but given its location, between Rockhampton and Townsville its unlikely Victorians will travel to this event).

As it can be seen, these events are not populated by Victorians, hence the perfect opportunity to hold rolloffs on those weekends arises. I am aware that the ECCC rolloff dates as previously mentioned by Fuzzy do not affect adults, however they clearly impact on the youths.

Holding the rolloffs at the current proposed dates results in five of the scratch youth boys from last years ECCC team to make the decision between bowling East Coast or bowling in the youth events. We all enjoy bowling East Coast, however, i believe i would not be alone in saying that we prefer to bowl nationally ranked youth events.

Im not sure if anything can be done by the M.T.B.A. to change the dates, but I hope, as well as other Victorian youths that they can be changed. Otherwise i can see Victoria sending away weaker teams to Toowoomba.

Hoping to hear some responses soon,
Craig

i don't think it matters what day's the east coast trial dates are on, someone will always say it clashes. A firm date needs to be settled on and that's it. Not like last year with the different dates for the youth bowlers. if people want to bowl in other tournments then so be it. there are other bowlers that will bowl And as craig has put may not be as strong but they are willing to bowl for victoria. I think the last trial date is late enough considering we are going to qld and need to organise flights and places to stay. All these dates are good to me. By the way craig there is a whisper that trotts may bowl. i was thinking of bowling perth cup. so i would like the dates to stay as they are. just my thoughts...

Alan Notman

Thanks for the reply Al, the main reason I posted was to see what kind of responses were made!

That being said, as some of you would be aware I made east coast for the first time for a few years in 2004 (due to going away with another sport). Last year made me realise just how much I enjoy bowling east coast. If the dates remained the same as outlined by Fuzzy, I will reschedule my plans for the year and choose different youth events to bowl in (and I would encourage other youths to do the same :wink: ) to ensure i can bowl east coast.

(I did previously mention that I prefer bowling ranked youth events, and whilst this is still true, I wouldn't want to miss east coast like I have previosuly - just wanted to clear that up!!)

Noddy, hopefully the whisper is true about Trotts. He is a great team player who will always stick up for his teammates. So lets keep our fingers crossed :D

Cheers,
Craig

Thanks Craig, i missed bowling east coast last year and will always try out for the team at any cost. it's the best team enviroment that i have bowled in and can't wait try out again. if the dates were changed i would not bowl perth cup. well let's hope we can get the strongest teams possible for the tilt this year.

Alan Notman

yes

i think i will have a go at it this year i have never tried out for it but i think this year i will and hope i can make the team and bowl with the big guns

hey just to throw another spanner in the works but if stage 2 is held on the 25/26 jul it would clash with the Qld Ladies Classic in Caboolture, i would like to try out for east coast this year but until the dates are confirmed for stage two its hard to decide...i know i haven't bowled before but there are a couple of other ladies who would probably try out that would possibly be looking at going to Qld also.

Cheryl Bast

Hey Cheryl, the 2nd trials are in championship form and are over 2 weekends anyway. you can bowl them all on the one weekend if you like which would be the weekend your not going away..

Alan Notman

cool...well hopefully by then i will be bowling a little better and can give it a go this year....better speak nicely to the baby sitter though!!!

next time i will try and read things properly before i open my mouth :oops: :oops:

Thanks Cheryl

Hi all as i couldn't make it last year for east coast thanks to a baby due i will there this year and i'm going to try for the open. as the east coast will be is Sunny Q.L.D my Daughter might be there so i can show you all my beautiful daughter.

Take care
Peter Bassett

This Post is made on the behalf of Leanne Healey the President of the M.T.B.A.

The dates for the E.C.C.C are unable to be changed they are ALL staying the same....Nothing else can be done; theses dates have been used for the last couple years and they are not changing....End of Subject.....

Also confurming the the dates of the champs are as follows:

18th, 25th and 26th of June...

1st weekend roll off will see the man/boys bowling on the Saturday and the Ladies/Girls on the Sunday.....

Then for the 3rd roll off it will be reversed....ladies/girls on sat...man/boys on sun....

Regards,
Jess Marriott.....on behalf of Leanne Healey.

Craig

I was hoping you could tell me when I stopped being a Victorian as I also bowled in the Perth cup last Year. Sorry had to throw that one in.

Great to see you will bowl in events that allow you to still bowl ECCC.

LOVE EAST-COAST

LOVE THE TOURNAMENT

LOVE THE PEOPLE

BRING IT ON!!!

Never look down on those who look up to you,

Paul Francis(Boomer)

jockey said:
Craig

I was hoping you could tell me when I stopped being a Victorian as I also bowled in the Perth cup last Year. Sorry had to throw that one in.

Great to see you will bowl in events that allow you to still bowl ECCC.

Sorry Jockey, skipped you!
Can't wait for it all to start,
See you around soon!

Back
Top Bottom