East Coast Challange Cup

leanne healey said:
Like all we listen to other people, l have friends that work at Fairfield bowl and live in that area. In all my years that l bowled eccc and shared with these people l never see any of this. The Sydney people would not of allowed it to be bowled at fairfield if it is that bad. I am there on Saturday and Gary and l will keep you all posted.

Should also be noted that East Coast has previously been held at Fairfield. Tenpin Sydney would not choose AMF Fairfield to host 2006 if it placed bowlers at risk.

I guess Fairfield carries a stigma like Broadmeadows in Victoria. (Its not really that bad of an area!)

peter56 said:
maybe the new blacktown bowl might have been a better choice but oh well maybe next time its in sydney they might choose it

How many lanes do Blacktown have? I'm pretty sure I heard 20, which would make it difficult to host ECCC

Can someone say anything positive about the area?? There has been a bit of bad publicity about certain areas of Sydney and I would like to hear something good about Sydney.

The New Blacktown does have 24 Lanes. And as a bowler at the new Blacktown Im not 100% it would be a suitable venue. Considering a negative that keeps coming up for Fairfield is parking, I would say parking is just as much of an issue at Blacktown. Parking is bad enough just for league bowlers on most nights. It is in a very busy shopping centre. Therefore parking is generally hard to find (especially on a Thursday night). An there is also an abundant amount of restaurants, bars and the movie theatre all on the same floor. Any given night the carpark closest to the bowl can be extremely full.

I have bowled at Fairfield a number of times this year, and have personally never had too much problem finding parking. And I have definately never had any problems in the area.

If we remember Blacktown (the old centre) had fewer parking spaces than Fairfield, But an alternative was found for parking (The RSL club)

I'm sure the committee took everything into consideration when making this decision, and are bound to have possible solutions in mind for the issues being raised.

My 2 cents,
Lets give Fairfield a chance and not be soo negative towards it. The issues being raised aren't all that different to issues in past years.

The reason I brought up parking is that there is generally a lot of cars link to people bowling eccc - bowlers and support teams - if your at toowooba last year you'll remember that the car park filled up really quickly and they have quite a few parking spaces (more than 20) and alot of people had too park on the grassed area next to the carpark.

I was at Toowomba (I have been at east coast cup since 2000), and i am not denying that Parking will not be a problem at Fairfield. It definately will be at the present situation. However I am just saying that Im sure this has been taken into consideration in the selection process and alternatives will be raised.
For eg, the lack of parking at the old AMF Blacktown - Solution was negotiating with the nearby RSL club for parking during the week. And I'm sure there will be solutions such as this for Fairfield aswell.

I can think of very few centres that would be able to accomodate the large number of cars requiring parking during this week. Toowomba was easily one of the largest car parks that I can remember and i struggled for parking most days there myself. The parking issue would be raised at most centres, but there are always ways around it.
We've just got to look for them.

Thanks Lauren

Hey,
sorry to disagree, but even though eccc has been hosted there many years ago...times change and so do people. If you have noticed in Melbourne we always cater with plenty of car parking i do not mind having the tournament there anfd im sure the others don't but, is it true several people were shot dead out the front of fairfield bowl...maybe the commitee should think twice about where they hold tournaments if they want the bowlers. I have been to fairfield before also at night too and it isnt such a beautiful neighbourhood and if i find anything happens to my car from parking it a MILE away i will be P****D off. I'm not and never have been the type of person to have a say, but im really sick and tired of people of always doing so. Also i thought this was a VIC site..?

Lawrey said:
I'm not and never have been the type of person to have a say, but im really sick and tired of people of always doing so. Also i thought this was a VIC site..?

Two words to reply to that comment

'OPEN FORUM'

And if eveyone who bowled at Blacktown in '03 will remember all of this same BS was going around then...

Hi all,
I agree with John this is an open forum same as every other forum on this website. Anyone from any state can post in here same as anyone from any state can post in the NSW forum and QLD forum. So vics dont just have 2 post in here. Im sure there are a lot of people that have posted in other forums i know i have heaps of times. Anyway see some of you in June and see the rest in September at East Coast in FairFeild. Good luck 2 anyone that is trying out from all 3 states.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

Nighteyes300 said:
Two words to reply to that comment
'OPEN FORUM'
And if eveyone who bowled at Blacktown in '03 will remember all of this same BS was going around then...

Thats right...like i said in my earlier post...we constantly hear rumours about the venue, etc every year and when we get there everything is just fine...I dont think that people should stress out about everything just yet because as always everything will be sorted out to make things better on the bowlers and thier supporters...I DO NOT believe that if there was going to be any serious problems that the committies would allow for Fairfield to be the venue for 2006!

I will be at the ECCC roll offs this year. I am ineligible for WDV which I enjoyed last year emensely. I thought I would give ECCC a go this year for something different. Look forward to seeing everyone there and GO The VICS:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Lawrey said:
Hey,
sorry to disagree, but even though eccc has been hosted there many years ago...times change and so do people. If you have noticed in Melbourne we always cater with plenty of car parking i do not mind having the tournament there anfd im sure the others don't but, is it true several people were shot dead out the front of fairfield bowl...maybe the commitee should think twice about where they hold tournaments if they want the bowlers. I have been to fairfield before also at night too and it isnt such a beautiful neighbourhood and if i find anything happens to my car from parking it a MILE away i will be P****D off. I'm not and never have been the type of person to have a say, but im really sick and tired of people of always doing so. Also i thought this was a VIC site..?
To Lawery: as we all have opinions we can express them however we choose, but for you to go onto a open forum and make outlandish statements such as contained in your post and which blind freddy can see you have no substanance or facts, you are creating a number of unforgiveable and disgraceful accusations.(name dates, times and other factual evidence to the so called shootings)
please stick to the topic of this forum as intended and allow those who converse in this way to not have to put up with your drivel. let's be rid of your unwanted garbage, so I ask politely just this once, go away.

LMAO this has got abit out of hand i think in 2003 if we all remember there was a whole double sided street to park down an right next to the bowl was a huge carpark an thos ewho wanted to walk from the rsl could do so ..farfield. lil mount of carpark 5..10 min walk who really care's but i no alot of ppl who cant walk very far for medical reasons would have to be droped of an car drivin to parkin usein excess fuel.. an ppl being shot dead i havnt heard of anything like that round farfield mayb us windsor ppl dont get the goss of outside this town LOL an if it was at the new blacktown bowl i wouldnt be tryin out this yr as i have to much trouble bowling on them lanes to mee they are same as wooden lanes dont liek them but thats my personal view .. 2007 iam goin to have the yr off bowling i think to just let it all go save money an then get back into it after so long the love for the sport slowly die's an there a time where u just need to have a break an get back ....
Hope everyone has much success trying out this yr
(DONT LISTN TO ALL THE CRAP BOUT PARKING AN PPL BEING SHOT IT'S ONLY A FACTOR TO GET PPL NOT TO TRY OUT IN MY BOOKS)

Having read all previous posts in here and also having lived near farfield in the earlier years of my life i can say that it did used to have a bad name, and unfortunately its those things that really stick to a place. Fare enough a lot of things may have happened there in the past, but you really can't base all judgements for such a large and respective tournament on what happened in the past. What ever happened to forgive and forget. Also with blacktown and also toowoomba as also mentioned earlier, alternative parking was arranged and it still was not enough. What can you expect from a tournament that is becoming more and more popular. Alot of the locals when it was held in toowoomba came out to see what all the hype, it is to be expected if the sport is to grow.

Lauren feel free to post here anytime you like, this is a open forum and it's good to see you post here....

Fairfield is the bowl that East coast will be at so i think everyone needs to get on board and deal with it.

I speak to a few people that bowl there and other centres in NSW and they have had no trouble there, as for parking i agree with Lauren that there is not too many bowls that could cater for the amount of cars that East coast seems to attract.

I'm sure tenpin Sydney have taken everything into account.

Lawrey, have your opinion but to tell someone that this is a Vic site only is wrong and will you be trying out for East coast this year?

Alan Notman

I agree with Michelle Musilli.
Lets get back to the reason this thread was posted in the first place to see who was tryin out for east coast from all 3 states.

Im tryin out this year again. So see some of u in june at the first roll offs and the rest in september at Fairfeild.
Good luck 2 everyone tryin out from all 3 states.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

I will be trying out again this yr...hopefully i will be in again...that would make 5 in a row...and if i dont make it i will still be there

Good luck Cass. I hope u make it. Weather i make it or not ill b there 2 see all my friends and 2 see my sis.
So good luck 2 everyone from all states bowl well and see ya all soon.

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

Back
Top Bottom