Animal

YOUR ONE STOP PROSHOP
Staff member
It is with great sadness that I tell of the passing of Jim Hannah
this 24th of December AM on the golf course. Jim loved his golf almost as
much as his Tenpin, but will be greatly missed by his family. To Lil and his
family go our thoughts. So long Jimbo.
Animal & Carol

with shock and great sadness i read this post.
jim was our gentle giant at caboolture but always kind at heart.
he was a great competitor on the lanes and a good mate off them.
jim you will be greatly missed and lil and family my thoughts are with you.

jim we will miss you !
drewy

It is never easy to hear of the passing of someone we all know, and it is even harder at this time of the year.....

Jimbo, you were in your prime, a recent retiree and just loving it! You will be remembered for your good humour, your sportsmanship and your love of life.

We will miss you.

Our deepest sympathies to Lil, and the rest of the family, are thoughts are with you.

Jagga, Broni, BJ & Tania Morgan

My deepest sympathies to Lil and family with the shock loss of Jim.

Jim was a gentle giant and well respected in the bowling community.

I will really miss his quick wit while bowling the Twin Tour, always knew when to put me in my place.

Good-bye Jimbo,

Tony Hamilton

Our deepest sympathies go out to Lil and the family.

I remember I use to be scared of Jimbo when I was little because I use to think he was scary but Jim is the complete opposite. He has such a kind heart.

You will truly be missed by all.

Dale, Debbie and Caitlin Fraser

Deepest sympathys to Lil and Family, we didnt know Jimbo much, but from what we saw he was a very very nice man.. a man that will be truely missed by all!

Rochelle, Margaret, and Ray Mottlee

OMG!....When i read the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about Jimbo bowling a 300 game.....:(.....i just rang Dad to tell him.....and he was shocked and i am really shocked as well....Dad said that he had planned to play golf with Jim over New Years :(.....so sad.....my thoughts are with Lil and the family :(....you will be missed by all....and thanks for all that advice you gave me on wednesday nights :)....

From Aaron and Brad Dickfos

What a sad day. Jimbo was such a great friend and team mate, both at Caboolture in the Super league and as our team captain for the ATBSO Restricted team in Perth this year. One of natures' true gentle giants with a heart of gold.

Thanks for the good times Jimbo. Your home grown veges that you gave us team members will always be a beacon of your kindness. Rest in peace my friend and team mate. God Bless you.

To Lil and family, special sympathy from our family to yours.

Ouida, Tim and Reg

I would like to add to the above - this is a huge shock and I am greatly saddened to hear of Jimbo's passing. Jimbo was a teammate of mine for a few years up at Caboolture and of course a regular at the Twin Tour.

Rest in Peace Jimbo, you will be greatly missed. To all Jim's family and particularly Lil, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Unfortunately not the kind of news you expect to hear on christmas eve......
I only came across Jim whilst bowling the Twin Tour and liked him straight away. My thoughts go out to the family and those who were close to him.

Nikki Short

Our love goes out to Lil and her family.
We will miss jim and his friendship that he gave to us all.
I hope your faith and your christmas cheer will still live on.
Lil, you will always be surrounded by your extended family of all the bowlers in Queensland.
Lots of Love.
The Sullivans
Mike & Jeanette, Tim, Kristy Mark & Rhianna

With great shock and sadness, I mourn the passing of one of the true, true gentlemen of bowling ... Jimbo never lost his Pommie accent (G O - GGO was his password while competing!), never lost his love for the game and was never short of a 'word' for those who let the game down but still retained the absolute respect from all who bowled with him. He will be sorely missed at Caboolture but also in ATBSO and Twin Tour.

I phoned Lil to see if Jimbo would partner a bowler in the Silly Season Doubles - thought I should check 'just in case!!' - Mopsie's reply was 'whatever makes Jim happy' - I think it shows the feeling behind the words and just how much he will be missed by Lil and the family.

Vale and Rest in Peace.

Flower

It was with great shock that we heard the passing of the gentle giant and true gentleman on and off the lanes, Jimbo. You will be sadly missed. To Lil and family our deepest simpathies go out to you all.

Kevin & Mary Blackmore

Our sympathies to Lil and family. What an awful shock. We, like everyone else, enjoyed the company and sportsmanship of a wonderful person - Jim Hannah - he will be sadly missed both on and off the lanes.

Annie and Alan

Our deepest and sincerest sympathies to Lil and the extended family.

It is with much sadness that yet another genuine, charasmatic and truly honorable person is taken away from their family too soon.

We gave a poem to a friend who recently lost her father and the last paragraph said:-

Continue life as though I am just in the next room as I will always be with you.
May your special times together keep you strong until you meet again.

Sincerely

The Reggars families Snr & Jnr
Leon, Gloria and Taya
Brad, Rachel, Shontay and Khynan

Like everyone I am shocked to hear of Jims passing. Lil I am thinking of you and your family - knowing Jim he will be sadly missed. I do not think he would be far from the ones he loved and will be always present in spirit.

I am richer for knowing him and am greatful I met and spent a small amount of time with one of the gentlemen of the sport.

Rest in peace Jim.

Gail

Back
Top Bottom