Sad news ...

Graham

Staff member
It is with sadness that I announce that a dear friend - Hedley Howard - passed away last evening after a short battle with illness.

Nothing was too much for Hedley. His support of this site and tenpin bowling in general was amazing.

My thoughts are with his family right now in these difficult times.

Funeral arrangements are in the progress of being made and I will post again later this afternoon with these details for interested parties.

Regards

Thanks to the staff at Redcliffe bowl today who observed a minutes silence prior to bowling today in his memory. He will be missed, a lose for the sport in Queensland.

i just want to express my deepest condolences to al and the rest of his family,

hedley will never be forgoton in bowling all over the country for his tirless work trying to improve the sport for all of us.

I think everyone is feeling as shocked and sad as I am at the moment.

Hedley did so much to promote the sport throughout our country, especially in Queensland and especially within the junior ranks. I think he racked up about a gazillion posts ( the most of anyone, I think, Graham ? ) on this forum sharing his knowlege and views with us all.

He was an awesome, cheerful and friendly bloke who everyone respected and liked.

My family's and my condolances go to Al and his family, he will be sorely missed.

You are right Kris .. the big guy was in front of me in posts for a while there.

For all those interested : the funeral is being held this Tuesday at the Heritage Park Crematorium at Stuart Street, Goodna (QLD) at 3pm. I spoke with Al tonight and everyone who knew Hedley or knew of Hedley is welcome to attend.

I would just like to give my deepest sympathy to Al and his family

I have know Al for a while now and went on an overseas trip with Al and his Father his was a Lovely man and will be a great lost to the sport.

See you soon Al you mate Jez.

Al,
I also would like to offer my sympathy to you and your family.
This was a huge loss and your Dad will be in our thoughts for a very long time.
Kindest regards, Andrew Shinnie.

To al and family, my sincerest wishes go out to you on the passing of hedley.

I know on this forum, hedley was the most respected debators, and all the time, being, fair, honorable and loyal to the sport in every issue. And had the utmost respect from me.

he will be missed greatly, to here and the sport

Hey Hedley,i imagine by now you have caught up with lots of bowlers..hall of famers..legends..in a place where the righties have the same area that the lefties have..perfect oiling patterns..and where everybody knows your name...
Sounds like heaven to me.

Back
Top Bottom