Vale John Dobson

Today I was advised of the sad news that former TBAL National Championships Tournament Director John Dobson had passed away.

On checking the TBAL website it is noted of John's passing, but no information available, can anyone advise at this stage if any funeral arrangements have been made, so that interstate people can send their tributes and flowers.

John was a relentless worker with the TBAL Tournament team at National Championships and even when he had to wear his Tournament Director's cap during the various tournaments within the National's, he always did it fairly and justly and I am sure he will be missed by many

The Swan Family passes on their sincere condolensces and best wishes to John's family, relative and friends at this sad time

Hi Alan,

I have had contact with both of John's children and it was John's wish to have a private family service.

They do not intend to announce details of the funeral which is in accordance with John's wishes.

An official public notice is planned for next Monday.

I assume tributes would be possible after that announcement.

Kind regards,

Tis a sad day, John was one of our sport's tireless workers who always put the game before his own self interest.

On behalf of our team, I offer our sincere condolences to his family.

RIP John.

Tis a sad day, John was one of our sport's tireless workers who always put the game before his own self interest.
On behalf of our team, I offer our sincere condolences to his family.
RIP John.

Here Here, Max well said, please pass on our Condolences to the family aswell.

Formosa Family
Peter,Fiona & Jamie

The entire Australian bowling scene is in a much poorer place now for the loss of John Dobson. Dedicated, hardworking and fair - an enormous loss for all of us.

Our sincere sympathies to John's family and friends, and to his Nationals colleagues.

requesiat in peace

our condolences to the dobson family.john will be sadly missed. he was a vital part in australian bowling through his tireless work. rest in peace

the griggs family

Very sad news indeed. Tenpin bowling has lost a great stalwart who gave tirelessly to national tournaments. To John's family my heart felt sympathy. Rest in peace my friend, we are much poorer for your passing.

Reg Reichel

Condolonces to the Dobson family in this trying time.

John sacrificed years of his life and gave it to bowling in this country. Respected by all and will be sadly missed.

John will indeed be missed, my condolences to the Dobson family

Killa

I'm sure that all of the bowlers and association members from NSW, wish to convey their condolences to the family of John Dobson on their sad loss.

Our thanks to John for all of the work and effort that he put into tenpin bowling over the years.

Rest in Peace, John.

John Cowland

His untiring efforts for the betterment of our sport were greatly appreciated and his presence will be sadly missed. Does anyone have an address where we can send our personal condolences to his family. A true gentleman and a great loss.
Lyn, Neville, Darren & Vicki Hannam

My Consolences to the Dobson Family at this sad time..

John not only a hard commited worker but a top bloke.. A vital part of the tenpin world..

He will be missed deeply by the whole bowling community of Australia

RIP John

Reese Leckie

Very sad news to here of John's passing.

John first became involved in Tenpin Bowling in 1962 and in that time he served on many committees, the Tasmanian State Association and as most people will remember him best - as a member of the TBA tournament team which conducted both the Adult & Junior National Championships.

John was a tireless worker behind the scenes on both a state and national level and his enthusiasm, knowledge and energy will be sadly missed by us all.

RIP John Dobson

Garry and Kathy Crick

It is with great sadness that we heard of John's passing.
Our condolences to the family
He was a genuine gentlemen.

Chris & Lea

I noticed it on the TBA site yesterday and was shocked.
I send my sincere condolences to the Dobson family.
John has been a familar face throughout my years at Nationals (both Junior+Adult).

Missed greatly.
RIP John.

Jen

Our condolences to the Dobson family - Johns contribution to the
tenpin bowling community will be appreciated for a long time.

For and on behalf of the A.T.B.S.O.Q.

Lawrie ( Animal ) Hill

Our condolences to the Dobson Family. A True Friend and gentleman to the end. He will be sdaly missed by those whom have had any contact with him. He will be rembered especially by those of the WDV Group and those of Darrell Holt especially. He believed in us until the end.

Rest in Peace John.

The Dennis/Hickey/ Elliss Family

Gone but not forgotten

I was saddened to hear that John Dobson has passed away. Whilst I lived in Tasmania I worked with John for many years in the role of a board member with the local association dating back to when it was known as the STTBA. As a bowler in Tassie I rolled with him in quite a few leagues and tournaments that John resided as tournament director.
He will be sadly missed by all that he has had association with. – Myself included. RIP JD
Wayne Lefty Glover

Back
Top Bottom