Tributes to John Dobson

Captain Fudge

"Baby Boomer"
Dear bowlers,

John's children Jane & Andrew have asked to me to advise those who want to send cards or other tributes in John's memory, can forward them to:-

Andrew Dobson
87 Hopkins Street
Moonah Tas 7009.

HALL of FAME

I had the honour last night to present John Dobson to the Tenpin Bowling Tasmania Hall of Fame at the Annual Hall of Fame Dinner in Launceston.

It was so unfortunate that John was not able to have personally received this well deserved recognition for his many years of service to bowling in Australia. John did know about his induction and was very proud to have received this award. He talked about it many times with his family since he was made aware of it a few weeks ago.

I would like to share with you my introduction to John's induction.

"It is my privilege to present John Dobson for induction to the Tasmanian Tenpin Bowling Hall of Fame.

John commenced bowling in 1962.

In 1963 he joined Sponsors League at Moonah Bowl and by being a member of that league in 2007 gave him 44 years of continuous participation.

John was league delegate for 10 years, Vice President for 2 years of the Southern Tasmanian Tenpin Bowling Association (now known as the Hobart Tenpin Bowling Association) and then President of the STTBA for over 20 years.

John has also held the position of manager for Rachuig teams between 1976 to 1983 and was the inaugural TBA State Manager for approximately 5 years.

John was a delegate to the Australian Tenpin Bowling Congress for 2 years and then a Director of ATBC for over 20 years.

As everyone would be aware, John has been the backbone of the Nationals Tournament team for both the Adult and Junior Championships for many years and a tireless volunteer worker at both national and state level.

It’s a great honour to present to the Hall of Fame, John Dobson."

RIP John.

Back
Top Bottom