New Bowling Ball Discussion

Hey Brenton,
How's the blood pressure mate. You have been copping it all your career, so why stop now. People seem to forget your record over the 100 years of bowling. That's what you get for been left handed. Join the club. The righties club.
Cheers Lovey

And is the smooth voice of the commentary on some Tenpin Bowling Show eps!

My signature says enough about that LOL.

Lovey, since I quit (finally) my blood pressure has never been better haha! Much prefer supporting my son's burgeoning career these days. And he is a righty as well, so at least he will get credit for his achievements LOL

Tony Long...Don't go there.....Left Hand wanna be! , I see you Tuesday night league, I give you a few tips.....:)

I agree with all!!!...lol........Hi Lovely!!

Terry O'Meara not sure about you...:)

Tony

Hi All,

Haven't posted for a while, in all honesty more due to a little lack of interest and to many other things going on like enjoying family time.

So I am posting this one for Jim.

The new Storm Crux, good or bad for bowling?

This is a ball that is designed to mend a bad release, openly listed as the ball to fix a chicken wing release. Me personally, this ball typifies everything bad with in the sport. Like the Ping Golf Clubs, this type of ball design needs to be pulled back. Ball designs need to be reigned in and the core strength reduced, harden the cover stocks.

For me, if you throw the ball badly you deserve a six count. But apparently not with this ball, the core will fix it all for you. Cancel your practice, not needed if you have one of these new never a bad shot balls in your bag.

Currently every thing in my bag is old, second hand, if i throw a bad shot, i get what i deserve.

Ok, Jim over to you.
Hi John
just went on to the Storm website and guess what , you seem to know exactly whats going on with this sport.

Wont spoil it but if you look at the news in the storm website and what a 11 year old can do with your ball you specified ?

I watched a guy bowling with one of these for the first time out of the bag last week when I was doing a pre bowl.
Sad to say, the ball was not living up to the marketing hype of fixing everything and cooking a chicken wings, I like chicken wings with buffalo sauce.
It did nothing to resolve the gentleman's poor timing, release, approach and finish nor the accompanying open frames and gutter balls.
I kind of felt sorry for him initially but when he and his mate kept stepping up and rolling while I was trying to set up in the right lane forcing me to reset I decided I would enjoy his pain and suffering.
I bowled well that day.
Cheers!

Yes Jason it was sweet, by the way that Motiv Octane you drilled and sold me is working very nicely up here in sunny Qld.
Cheers!

Ah, nice! Mine is way to strong for Canberra! I drilled a black phantom to use down here almost 6 weeks ago. I must go bowling at some point and see if it works on our 1990's oil volumes. (Chucker heaven down here right now.)

Yea right, was'nt the Phantom an older Brunswick urethane ball? I was looking at putting another ball in my bag, I really like the Octane and rather than go to a different brand, cover stock and core I am considering keeping my same layout resanding a second Octane with lower grade abralon and no polish finish rather than a different layout. Your thoughts on that strategy?

It still is. :) Very black at 4000 polish, too! I may even throw it next week...

Wow, you want something that hooks more than an octane... It's still a low diff core, do I'd recommend going to something to roll earlier, like a cruel intent or a Forza. Forza will give you a really sweet companion for an octane.

Or a Guru or a Reax Version 2 Solid....both very strong balls (sorry to hijack the thread :) )

Cheers for the input guys appreciate that, I was looking at a Forza but was doing a bit of umming and aahing as you do, will definitely have a closer look at it.

Back
Top Bottom