Disapointment balls ??

Storm X-factor Trifecta. Still have it somewhere, has probably about 10 games on it all up since I drilled it up a few years ago (2006?). It wasn't so much the reaction, more that I couldn't hang on to the ball due to it retaining huge amounts of oil on the surface, even after vigourous wiping with a microfibre towel. This presented a major problem bowling two handed.. I couldn't cradle it as I would lose grip in the backswing and my top hand would slide off. It was a strange problem, I had the X-Factor Vertigo before it and it was one of my favourite balls, had no problems with hanging on to that one... still might pull it out again soon and see if another change in the surface will help the issue.

In terms of pure reaction and performance, for me the Total Inferno gets the biggest thumbs down. Best doorstop ever made!

The Virtual Energy for me has been very disappointing. Following in the footsteps of the Virtual Gravity would be like stpping up to the tee after Tiger Woods but it really has been an underachieving ball. It is a very squirty under/over ball even after changing the surface. I have just had it re-drilled witha different setup, hopefully this will help.

Maybe it just doesn't suit my style, but I just hope my New Invasion is the cracker that I am hoping ( a big dose of hook in a box :D :D)

Cheers

Steve

AMB Solid - Biggest let down for me. Bought this ball on the promise that I wouldnt be able to keep in on the lane, please, my violet gargoyle out turns it. The retort to that was that i'm no tusing it on lanes with enough oil. I don't follow that logic, if a ball hooks big, its going to hook even bigger on dryer conditions?

Storm Vertigo - As above, was meant to go hard, did very little. I'm yet to find a ball that I can get decent turn out of on a wet condition with my speed.

i was happy when i got my ANGER ball from Hammer.
but at times its a pain in the butt.
at my home centre it rarely gets huge turn which means i have to rotate my wrist a bit more and change the way i let the ball go. it usually backfirs as my arm goes right across my body.

yet at another alley the ball will curve back in from a pretty good distance.
at times i think its the ball.

but i really think sometimes its the oil patterns

probley would be the pattern and the amount that gets layed down with it they where probley dry lanes where you bowled when you ball hooked alot should try a jigsaw or mutant cell i have heard good things from both i own a jigsaw hammer and im bery happy with it you can get big hook with it and almost come back from any angle.

my blackwidow vemon as of late dont use it much but when i do its just wierd but thats about it but when it hits hard it kills the pins all of them lol probley cuz its polished and i dont really like polished gear at all.

As much as i love HAMMER

My Black Widow Pearl hits like a Rubber Mallet.....
I thought it would be great after throwing the Solid, but i was severly dissapointed

Sorry Lawrie....

My first reactive. a Storm Tropical-Storm. Hated it, and I'm sure I picked up several bad habits from it trying to get it to turn. Turned me off all Storm gear all together......

Basically every Hammer ball I ever threw.
Switchblade in particular, I knew it was in the death the day I hit pocket and the 6-7 stood.
God knows how I did it, but there was witnesses I assure you.

Also must disagree with whoever it was I saw say the Pyro. Ive had one since very shortly after they were released a few years ago.
I must say, Ive been pretty impressed with it. Easily predictable, good roll, hits like a truck.

Mine would have to be the Radical Inferno, good spare ball though. Was drilled for heavyish oil and the only thing I could ever get it to turn on was out in the parking lot pretty much. That and most Hammer stuff I have thrown except for my Black Widow Pearl, 3 x 300 in less than a month puts it into my bowling Hall of Fame, including being the ball that I threw my first sanctioned 300 with. I would have to agree with Mick Little on the Mutant Cell also, very versatile ball on just about any lanes barring super dry and short, and for such a high end ball even on the drier lanes it doesnt lose any energy, or maybe thats just my ball speed which keeps the energy in the ball... Oh and I havent thrown too much Storm stuff, but I do really like the Virtual Energy, becuase everyone thinks that it is a stinker after the VG. My old TEC Messenger was the same as it came out after arguably the best ball from the late 90s early 00s in the Ti Messenger, everyone hated the TEC but I found it to be a very controllable ball and very versatile...

Columbia Scout was horrid. I picked it up in a free ball league, where you were meant to get a spare ball but i paid 25 bucks extra and got the scout, I never ever got used to it, and i gave it 12 months. it used to hook way early and had no back-end basically.

Back
Top Bottom