Ball Brands - Where is AMF at AMF centres!

When I came up with the idea, I was thinking the same as you....I thought people would be intrigued and interested. That's how I would have felt if someone else would have invented it. I was completely shocked when I got the exact same reaction here in the states as I'm getting from most all of you. It took about a year for people to get used to the idea. I spent a lot of time trying to defend my invention on various web sites. Now when I post a thread, and someone starts slamming it, one of my customers will usually come on and defend it for me!
No offense and I dont want to bust your bubble but Im from the states too and there are many bowlers back home who would never use or accept your device. As Ive said in the previous post bowling is a sport with rules whether you are bowling in a tournament or some small 4 lane league. Balls need to be legal and giving people the power or even encouraging them to have a ball drilled any other way except by a accredited ball driller is just a recipe for disaster.

And on a personal note dont treat Aussies like they are stupid! There are tons of great bowlers and pro shops here and in my opinion the only reason you are trying to sell your item outside of the states is because no one back home wanted to buy it because lots of bowlers there take bowling very serious and are very competitive and would not for a second dream of bowling a ball that was not spot on and legal just incase they throw that perfect game or win a big tournament.

More so the biggest problem I find with you marketing your device anywhere in the world including back home in the states is your attitude. The fact that your device realistically falls short in your theoretically good idea happens to be an added bonus lol;)

It is true what u say but as ive mentioned in a earlier post balls need to be legal and unfortunately the legalness of a ball is not checked until someone shoots a 300 during a league or a tournament and even then there are some who are slack in this department. So that means most of the time the honor system is in effect.

Bowling is a actual sport with actual rules therefore this device in my opinion will end up being more trouble than its worth.

It is true that with certain layouts, you will need to have access to a scale. However there are just as many layouts that won't require one. I'm sure that your PSO's don't check every single ball that they drill. I drill hundreds of balls every season and I don't check them all. It just isn't necessary if you keep the CG close to the center of grip, and most of the time, if you take the time to learn how, you CAN keep it close to the center. The only "trick" to using this device is that you have to be willing to take the time to learn how to lay a ball out properly. If you already have a ball that fits properly, and you're comfortable with it, it's easy to copy it with the proper equipment. And this device has been proven to be every bit as accurate as a mill. Obviously not as versitile, but just as accurate.

I don't support "illegal" layouts, but at the same time, we should all recognize the fact that there is no illegal layout that works any better than a legal layout, since top weight has very little to do with ball reaction anymore. There is nothing to be gained! In the US, the only place static weight is even checked anymore is at the national tournaments. That in itself should tell us something about this outdated rule.

Back
Top Bottom