6 Ball rollers

WAC4504

State Side
Does anyone use a 6 ball roller? If so what brand? the reason I ask this question is that I recently switched from a Storm to a Brunswick 6 ball roller, and when I did I sent Storm an E mail telling them why. The response was not what I expected, and pretty well ticked me off. I didn't expect anything more than a "thanks and we'll pass it on" response, but what I got back, was a spit in the face. All I can say is thank God for Brunswick, for making a tall mans bag. Below is a copy of what was sent, and the response.

Willaim Cockrell
Email:
[email protected]
Comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I have swapped from a Storm 6 ball roller to a Brunswick 6 ball roller. The only reason is that storm is to short for a tall man, I'm 6'3" tall and the Storm handle was just to short. As far as the bag itself goes, I loved the design of it, and the third wheel was a great idea. If the handle extended a foot longer you'd really have a bag for everyone. Just thought you deserve to know why some people switch.

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. We actually have a few people here that are 6’3 and taller that use 6 ball rollers and they are very pleased with the design. We feel that this concern might just be personal preference and the bag just doesn’t work for some people’s needs. We also feel that if the handle was any longer that the bag would lie to flat and would then become very heavy. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference. Thank you again and if you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Sincerely,
Storm Technical Staff

Technical Staff
Storm Bowling Products
165 S. 800 W.
Brigham City, UT 84302

[email protected]
tel:
fax:
800-369-4402
435-226-9122

BOWL UP A STORM!!!!

Not meaning to cause offence, but, response seems adequate to me also!

They thanked you, explained why the current design is as such and said they'd pass on the feedback to design team for future thought.

Personally speaking, the response sounds fine to me.

WAC4504 said:
Hello William,

Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. We actually have a few people here that are 6’3 and taller that use 6 ball rollers and they are very pleased with the design. We feel that this concern might just be personal preference and the bag just doesn’t work for some people’s needs. We also feel that if the handle was any longer that the bag would lie to flat and would then become very heavy. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference. Thank you again and if you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Sincerely,
Storm Technical Staff

:confused: What's wrong with that??
Seems perfectly reasonable.

Sounded like a good positive reply to me

Working in the entertainment industry for 15 years taught me "You Cannot Please All The People All The Time"

I guess I should explain what really ticks me off about this response, and this will be the end of it. First is the statement - "We actually have a few people here that are 6’3 and taller that use 6 ball rollers and they are very pleased with the design". I stated in the E mail that I had nothing against the design of the bag as a matter of fact I like the design of the bag. What they fail to mention is what they thought about the handle length. At 6' 3" to pull this bag one has to lean slightly backwards and take very small steps to keep from tripping over the bag, 'cause your heels smack the back of the bag when you try to walk normal. the second thing that ticks me off is - "We feel that this concern might just be personal preference---", my question is what kind of idiot would want to continue bending backwards and tripping over a bag they payed 250$ for. I personally feel that it's not preference that required a change but common sense. The one thing they did get right is - "--- the bag just doesn’t work for some people’s needs". Now the part about laying to flat and being to heavy well, let me just say anyone using a 6 ball bag knows it's going to be heavy. 84 - 96 Pounds on average, thats why we want wheels on the bag, and yes I realize that angles and geometry can help with weight distribution, but it's still 84 - 96 pounds. In my personal opinion this is what the response should have been- "Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference. Thank you again and if you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let us know". Once again I'll say I was not happy with there response, I do not care why they made the handle to short for tall people, or that they say their people love their bag, and I DO NOT care for their personal opinion of my E mail. They act as if I insulted them by giving them feed back, where I work feed back is valued not insulted.

I wonder how many people of about 5'3" would complain if the handle was made longer... I know I hate having my three ball roller tote with the handle at full length, and I'm about 175cm, which I think is about 5'10".

Storm made a bag that is ergonomically designed to fit the majority of the market. It's unfortunate that you personally are outside of this spectrum.

The design of the bag includes everything from looks to functionality. So, I'm sorry to say, I think Storm were right to explain that some other people in your height range have been able to use the bag.

The simple fact is they are trying to make one design that is the most compatible for as many people as they can. They can't please everyone.

I don't believe they were trying to insult you, or that they were insulted by your remarks. The response definitely could have come back a lot worse then it did. Without knowing for sure, I can only assume Storm have a R&D unit that works on the design and functionally of all their accessories, and assuming they do, they would have tried and tested many different designs for all their products. They would have had a reason for choosing the design they did, which probably takes into consideration many more things then just the persons height, although it would have undoubtably been a factor. They could have been condescending and explain all of this to you, however, they took it on the chin, explained that they have had some people like and that it probably is just a personal preference, which is in no way an insult, as from their data, it would seem to be the truth.

Cheers, Cow

Look, I know what you are all saying, including the last post re making it for the majority of the market, but he really has a point. Try lifting the handle 6 inches or so higner and see the trouble with keeping it off your heels unless you take lots of tiny steps.
They could have answered more like he suggests
"Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference.

Try it and I'm sure you\ll see what he means.
I think there was a bit of smart-arse in their answer

I agree with Jim, But it does depend on how you read the written words and the grammer as well. It does seem tongue in cheek though.

Lyndon

They could have answered more like he suggests
"Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference.

This was in storms reply...

Thank you for contacting Storm and for voicing your concerns. I will make sure to mention this to the design team for future reference.

Am I missing something here??

This was in storms reply...

Am I missing something here??

Yes you are ! That, of course, is a direct quote from what they DID say.

It is suggested that it would have been a good idea for them to have left it at that! There was really no need to go on about the fact that they are a company of giants, etc.
It would probably help if you read all the posts.

Yes Jim I did in fact read all the posts including storms reply and not once did I read where it implies that they are a company of giants.
If you are reffering to the part where they said
We actually have a few people here that are 6’3 and taller that use 6 ball rollers
they are not necessarily stating that "here in our company" they could quite possibly mean "here in our state" "here in our region" "Here in the area we did our research and developement, design and testing" etc. etc.
It is amazing how the written word can be taken out of context or misunderstood at times.
Anyway the response storm gave seemed quite acceptable to me but I guess thats just my comprehension of it.

Hey Jim thanks for understanding the point I was trying to convey. A few things that no one is picking up on is #1 never piss off a customer, or even take a chance at it, especially one you've never met. #2 These bags are not cheap, if some one is getting a new bag because the handle is to short then you're looking at a 500$ expense. Thats 250$ for one bag and the same for the other. I couldn't believe that would be considered personal preference, color shade, or whether the bag opens from front or side, or the shape and size and placement of the logo would be personal preference. To short of a hand is an obstacle. And #3 a six ball roller is not a necessity but a luxury, there for it's a good chance that the owner of a six ball roller may be a ball customer as well. Which brings us back to point #1. The E mail that I sent them was simply a courtesy, and I would think that who ever wrote that response, may want to refrain from that activity until they have had proper customer service training.

Maybe you should of sent a better email to them.

You could of explained your problems and then asked if they would of had a solution to your problems.

Your email states that you have allready moved on to another product without giving them a chance of helping you.

I think your lucky that you got a responce at all!

Shane, have you ever seen a Storm 6 ball roller? Let me try to spell this out. I sent them an E mail as a matter of courtesy telling them why I couldn't use their bag, I didn't ask for anything in return, absolutely nothing, what they sent back was a spit in the face. Call me old school, but I expect to be treated with respect and professionalism when I do business with some one. Now a days it seems people are quick to accept what ever is thrown at them, but that's not the way it should be, and I will not tolerate it. Bottom line, my money and I can spend it where I choose.

Your email says that you have already moved on to a new bag. Your no longer a customer.

Ans yes, I have seen both the 6 ball rollers in question. I dislike the Brunswick bag because of the handles configeration. I don't like 6 ball rollers because I believe they would be to heavy and difficult in loading them into my car. I know they seperate into smaller bags, but these bags are the wrong size and shape for my car. I like to use 3 ball roller totes. I have spent endless hours using the internet, which allows me to see a whole range of products and even reveiws writen by other people on what they like and dislike about bowling ball bags and anything else for that matter.

Did you do any investergation into the potentional problems that may have with your $500 purchase, or did you just go and buy it and then complain??????

And it is your money, you have just spent it poorly.

Back
Top Bottom