Country Cup 2011 - Wodonga

Was thinking about the lane draw.

The draw itself stays the same, just the team numbers change each year. So we work out 10 years of the first round to suit rivalry, number the teams to suit each year, and the lane draws are done forever until such time as we get a new centre in the competition.

In fact, I just worked it out. Each team plays as each number in the draw over the next 10 years and the rivalry round is always round 1.

Attachments

• CCDraw.xls
    20 KB · Views: 48
I know it's still over a month away but let me be the first to congratulate you on reaching 65 Gary. You don't look a day over 60
:p

yes that right gary but you only have 34 days left in the young folk bracket
More like 45 days - and will enjoy every minute of it!

65 Wayne??? --- About to reach Seniors (from a bowling point of view) ..... not Geriatrics :D

After the VCTBA AGM at the weekend they have approved the criteria of The Hall of Fame and Legends to be introduced into CCup - thanks to all the guys and gals that come up with the initial criteria along with the concept as a recognition of peoples commitment to what is the greatest Victorian Tournament going around

Woza so how will it work? How many are inducted first year and each year after? Well done to all that got this accepted. Well overdue. There have been such great bowlers, competitors, managers as well as others who deserve this. Well done guys.

Deano

quick post - on the rivalry round idea,

The lane draw is an issue if the two rounds are not in sequence - makes the lane draw a manual event, can be messy.

David

It means you have to set the lane draw once and leave it. Nothing hard about that but VCTBA currently does it. Can swap team numbers around based on the rivalry round in game 1. Rest of the draw flows from that.

I even did a draw so it was fair a while back.

Also, swapping rounds 10 and 13 in Woza's proposal then running the rivalry rounds as 1 and 13 would give one match on oil and one on dry. That issue is solved as well and it stops it being messy.

Gary

Attachments

• CCDraw.xls
    20 KB · Views: 19
Woza so how will it work? How many are inducted first year and each year after? Well done to all that got this accepted. Well overdue. There have been such great bowlers, competitors, managers as well as others who deserve this. Well done guys.

Deano

Managers criteria will come later at this stage it is only bowlers that have been implemented (managers/coaches) will take abit longer to set the criteria as it would be more likely some kind of vote
Attached is the doc presented to the VCTBA - at this stage approx 35 in Hall of Fame and 10 legends but dont hold me to those figures - you just have to wait and see in march next year

Attachments

• Hall of Fame letter.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 56
and what about people who have done 2 or more of manager/coach/bowler?

This starts to get into grey areas and we really didn't want that :S

and what about people who have done 2 or more of manager/coach/bowler?

This starts to get into grey areas and we really didn't want that :S

It shouldnt really need to be a grey area, at the end of the day, entry into the Hall of Fame is not via vote or any subjective matter, qualifying is that a bowler / participant / competitor has met set criteria. All it takes is setting appropriate criteria for any person(s) who have contributed to the event in multiple roles. Then those that have met that criteria can either go straight in or be up for nomination / vote as Brian said.

Be interesting to see the criteria.

In some cases I would say the managers/coaches/helpers do almost as much to contribute as the bowlers. There are other managers/coaches/helpers in each CCup who are not so involved.

Yes, the finer details are being looked into and put in place such as medalions being struck, the actual inductees, the timing of the ceremony ect. Talking to Eric tonight and he said all of this, he's right onto it, am going to look at a list with him next week and talk some more.

Cheers

Shepparton's team for 2011

Samara Murphy
Paige Williams
Kelly Jones
Denece Jones
Kylie Jefferis
Melissa Thompson
Jackie Thatcher

Paul Kerr
Chris Hamilton
Kevin Wilkins
Terry Rowe
Tim Thompson
Stuart Turner
Paul Thomas

How long until everyone else names their teams??

Back
Top Bottom