Bad Trends

bfcc

A bad trend has started in bowling with people squeaking their shoes on the approach after a bad shot. I think needs to be stamped out of the game before it becomes a major problem!!!!

now for the idiots out there that do it how about thinking about the other bowlers on the lanes near you, don't you think that they deserve the same respect that they have shown you while you are bowling your shot!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't squeak my shoes...i know some ppl do but to be honest it usually isn't that bad. There are a lot ruder things happening in bowling lately.... :roll: im not going 2 comment. But bad sportsmanship is a worse problem, even though it doesn't appear to be a problem too often, and in juniors i find it is virtually never a problem. :)

shoe squekin g pi..es me off

just ask last years sq pres shield team what i thought

if you ever wanted to advertise to your opponent that you were angry, confused or frustrated, go ahead and do it, and while your doing it, tattoo on your forehead "i am an embissile"

i know so many people who think alot of the juniors out there are idiots at the moment as soon as they hear this squealing happening, and i am one of them

if you wanna get noticed, how bout performing like an athlete and knocking some pins over and if you cant practise some more.

frawley, belmo, george, jarrod, brando, carl, trots and co would never be caught doing it, and if they did, people would just walk away, thats what makes them impressionable

Could not have said it better "chucky".

Squeaking your shoes may not be as bad as it can get with regards to sportsmanship, but it is extremely annoying and completely without any regard or respect for other bowlers, who have also paid their money just the same as MR SHOE SQUEAKER. Perhaps the next time some moron squeaks their shoes i might show them how bloody annoying it is, by yelling in their ear at the point of release. We all have the opportunity to show our professionalism on the lanes ...come on guys give the shoe squeaking away.

When i saw this subject i thought it was going to be about all the kids that turn up to tournaments looking like the 'Sherminator' and carting a dozen Storms with them. :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Shoe squaking isn't one of the best habits, and i admit that every now and again i squak my shoes. But really, someone squaking there shoes, blending in with the noise of the bowl, isnt all that bad. Perhaps next we'll complain about people who clap really loudly when they, or a team mates of theirs, strikes or gets a difficult spare. Should we go against that?? I can also think of a lot more annoying things that happen on the lanes. Like people who stand after they missed there target by 10 boards and swing the invisble ball on their hands for 2 minutes, and then practise their slide again. Now that is annoying. Perhaps we would rather them kick the ball return, or throw their wristguards, or punch the computer scoring machines, carry on swearing there faces off and telling everyone how shit the lanes are and putting EVRYONE off their game?? Now in an ideal world, we would all be perfect on the lanes. But then we would have nothing to be angry about cos we would bowl 300 everygame and bowling would suck arse. Like I said, there are numerous things worse then the shoe squeak, which in a loud bowling alley is, i admit noticable, but if a tiny squeak really annoys you that much, wear ear plugs or something. The bigger thing you make of it, the more it gets on your nerves, and you make yourself easier to put off.

Thats my opinion...

Later Da Cowman!

P.S. Your right about the 'Pros' or Australia bolwing not squaking their shoes, but i only ever do it in league, never do it in a tournament. so maybe thats why u never hear them, u never bowl league with them... just a thought...

Like da_cowman i only ever squeek my shoes in league, and even than i rarely do it. Only if i miss 2 or 3 10 pins or something like that.

I hate people who cause damage to the equipment like ball returns and scoring machine, it's not there fault someone cant throw a good ball. And dont tell me it's not my shoes or the approaches fault either, it does nothing to them.

There are MUCH more annoying things, people blaming the lanes for them messing, kicking ball returns, swearing their face off and fouling after a bad shot.

Those things should be looked at much more indepth that a little squeek!!!

a couple of question for micky_macca and da_cowman
both of u have admitted to squeaking your shoes in league but not in tournaments, why is this ??? :? are u worried what tournament bowlers might think of u or what they might say to u ?? or do u just don't have any respect for the league bowlers you bowl with??

i started this topic after bowling in a tournament where 2 people were asked to stop squeaking there shoes, i thought people might read this and realise that what they are doing is inconsiderate to other bowlers around them.

Why do I only squeak my shoes in league? If I knew i would honestly tell you. One main possibility that strikes (excuse the pun) me, is that i have a totally different mental games in league and tournaments, as well has different expectations of myself. Why? I dont know... I just do. Its diffinatly not for a lack of respect for my fellow bowlers.
You say there was a Direct Complain in a tournament about shoe squeaking. Can you answer this question for me, How often was this person squeaking their shoes? Honestly, i squeak my shoes max 4 or 5 times a month, its one off thing that I do when I get pissed off. Really pissed off that is. Its a one off thing that, when competing with the other noises, music, other people bowling, chitter chatter, is hardley noticable in league, Tournaments here are different, with low or no music, talking is generally softer or less. Maybe that has something to do with it. But like I said I dont know. But when i find out, you'll be the first to know...
As it has been said before, there are worse things in bowling that happens both on and off the lanes that are greatly distracting to all bowlers, not just the ones on the lanes next to you. But well, you raised the issue, and brought it to many peoples attention, maybe some will take it to note and stop it when they fell like doing it, some won't.

Later Da Cowman!

after league on monday night a group of bowlers were complaining about all the shoe sqeaking going on in the league, i told them about this post i started august 2003 and how i was told by people that i was bitching about nothing and to stop it. well here we are in 2005 and it seems that it is getting out of control and it's not just kids it's adults as well!!!!!!

maybe this is only a problem in queensland not sure on the rest of the country, maybe it's only at caboolture but for the idiots out there that like to do it and think it is smart be warned it is only a matter of time before u do it and the bowler on the pair next to you will take offence and might just want to have a chat with you :evil: :evil:

Not sure Jeff if it just Queensland or not, but we had it at Mt Warren on Tuesday night in our league. I won’t go into names as I can tell you that Management got onto it straight away, but I will say this.
It is bloody annoying, I know its only league, but they will take this behavior with them to tournaments and it isn’t good for the game nor there reputation, as these people are state reps. I have no worries with a bit of fun and so on in league but the shoe squeaking has got to stop.
I agree with you last comment of other bowlers wanting to have a chat with them; it won’t be long when this offends someone!

I wonder how well those shoes squeak when it’s stuck up there arse! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

I wholeheartedly agree with you guys.

A little bit of ettiquette and respect training when these people are being coached would probably go a long way.

We don't have a problem with that in our league ... and it would be quickly stamped out if we did. We did have one guy who would intentionally foul after a bad shot, but after a quiet chat away from everyone, he has 'pulled his head in'.

For those perpetrators ... you are only making yourself look foolish. Grow up ... and fast.

Having said that ... I can't wait to play you two at golf .... does the term 'rabbit ears' mean anything to you?

Spanner.

I thing what really annoys me more than the occasional shoe squeak is the hand clap when a bowler gets a strike, or stands at the line and claps and does this as loud as possible. Some people really need to have an ego check.

Colin

The Spanner said:
Having said that ... I can't wait to play you two at golf .... does the term 'rabbit ears' mean anything to you?

Spanner.

Actually Peter that term does ring a bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah that’s right, Chucky mentioned that it was part of you bedroom wear !You like to wear it when you guys are rehearsing your ventriloquists act :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s all good! Game on Mate

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

please could you not drag all junior bowlers from mount warren that are state representatives into this. as i am one of them and i dont squeek my shoes. yes i do agree sqeeking may be bad but profously cursing and swear at the top of your lungs is also another bad trend that is starting to begin and not only from junior but adult state representatives.

:p 8) MATTY J 8) :p

jase i no what u r saying about me squeaking my shoes, it is probaly one of they worst habbits i have, and it is something that everyperson in the game needs to stop, including me

disco stu said:
please could you not drag all junior bowlers from mount warren that are state representatives into this. as i am one of them and i dont squeek my shoes. yes i do agree sqeeking may be bad but profously cursing and swear at the top of your lungs is also another bad trend that is starting to begin and not only from junior but adult state representatives.
:p 8) MATTY J 8) :p

I don't think I remember mentioning ALL junior REP bowlers. I just said that these people are Rep bowlers. As for the swearing I will tell Bec and Kel to keep their swearing to a dull roar for you in future!!!!!

Oh by the way don’t even get me started about people acting up on the approaches and jumping around all over the place every time they don’t carry!!!!!!!

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

Back
Top Bottom