Bad Trends

Hey Jase, is rideing a shot 2 lanes over considered bad!!!
If it is Hammo is in big trouble.

I stamp my foot when i let the ball go wrong out of the hand, its like a reflex, is that considered wrong.

As for sweaking shoes, some people sweak on the approach to the foul line in there delevery stride, eg(Hammo) but doing it after your shot intentionaly is very wrong, i think its covered in the TBA rulebook, not quite sure

luke said:
jase i no what u r saying about me squeaking my shoes, it is probaly one of they worst habbits i have, and it is something that everyperson in the game needs to stop, including me

Give yourself a pat on the back mate for admitting to it, and I think its good you removing it from your shot repertoire. :lol:

I think more people should take a leaf out of your book mate. :wink: Rather than squeek your shoes at a bad shot mate do what i do come back,blame and abuse Drewy :lol: it works for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jase (AKA Captain Free Hook)

All I can say is...

If you get put off by people riding lanes, or squeaking shoes etc - Just wait that extra second or two whilst they get off the lanes... Then get up and do your routine.

I don't care about anything but bad attitudes. If you just wait long enough, you shouldn't be put off by it!

My two cents anyway.

I reckon it's funny when people are peed off coz they think they threw a bad shot and it strikes. Just goes to show that you should just watch the ball down the lane before you get peed off (joking). :p

The thing that gets to me most when bowling is Morons that don't give way. Really distracting if your into your delivery stride and some a**hole come roaring past you and throws their shot and then rides right into you.

Anybody else put up with these morons on a regular basis?

On Friday night we needed our Anchor to spare the last frame of the last game to win. As he took his first step some a**hole jumped up on the next lane and bowled faster putting him off. Luckly he pulled out of his shot and ther was almost a fight cause the rest of the team including myself (4 Man team) were going to punch this a**hole out. Could have got nasty if the anchor missed. But he didn't and we won, so we let it slide.

Anyone else see this stuff happening?

The1bigun4eva said:
The thing that gets to me most when bowling is Morons that don't give way. Really distracting if your into your delivery stride and some a**hole come roaring past you and throws their shot and then rides right into you.

Anybody else put up with these morons on a regular basis?

On Friday night we needed our Anchor to spare the last frame of the last game to win. As he took his first step some a**hole jumped up on the next lane and bowled faster putting him off. Luckly he pulled out of his shot and ther was almost a fight cause the rest of the team including myself (4 Man team) were going to punch this a**hole out. Could have got nasty if the anchor missed. But he didn't and we won, so we let it slide.

Anyone else see this stuff happening?

Isnt that a suprise? You were gonna let your fists do the talking rather than just calmly tell this person to LEARN TO GIVE WAY.

There isnt any need for that bull crap, instead of hollering and screaming shit, you could've, after the game, spoken to him without bringing the whole team as backup.

By attempting to punch him out, you would've made matters worse. But I'm glad to see you had the slightest bit of sense and not let it go on any further

disco stu said:
please could you not drag all junior bowlers from mount warren that are state representatives into this. as i am one of them and i dont squeek my shoes. yes i do agree sqeeking may be bad but profously cursing and swear at the top of your lungs is also another bad trend that is starting to begin and not only from junior but adult state representatives.

:p 8) MATTY J 8) :p

Sorry Matty J but i notice you have taken personal offence to this, maybe jase should have been specific for you! I remember at Marys tournament when i was just releasing the ball to go the front 7 and you decided to let out some sort of bull **** high pitch clapping, for about the fifth shot in a row and laughing about it as you walked back to put your head phones on! :twisted: I remember wanting to ram your ball up your arse on that occasion but resisted because i didnt want to excite you to much. :evil: I watched you piss people off by doing this for most of the day! So if you are going to take personal offence to something and then throw dirt around like saying you dont like cursing and swearing, make sure you are clean before you come out! :wink:
My personal opinion on any sort of distraction whilst someone else is bowling is that its only a matter of time before someone has a high game ruined because of it and someone will turn around and drop someone! Hopefully this might deter more people from doing it!

As for the Spanner, sorry i wasn't quicker mate i was under the desk! :wink:
See you at golf big boy! :lol: I can lend you the jaws of life to get Chucky off your lap if you need them to get there mate. :lol:

RC said:
As for the Spanner, sorry i wasn't quicker mate i was under the desk! :wink:
See you at golf big boy! :lol: I can lend you the jaws of life to get Chucky off your lap if you need them to get there mate. :lol:

Jase said he just uses the WD40 in his office when you guys are stuck. He said it's the 'magic 102nd use' for it. :D :wink:

I'm going to be aware of the squeaky shoe thing tonight. I've never really noticed it before, but I bet I do tonight.

People that don't give way, screaming kids, centre staff that turn the music up because they like a particular song while you're on the approach, people that take eons on the approach. I mean how much time do you really need to make a shot? But above all that bad attitudes piss me off. This can generally lead to bad sportsmanship. I'm sure we've all encountered this at one time.

OK NOW THIS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AT LEAGUE AND YES I AM PISSED ABOUT IT AND WILL BE TAKING IT FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

our team is bowling on lanes 1 and 2 at the end of the 3rd game most other teams had finished we were in the 10th frame, i am the 4th bowler in 5 man team league, needing to close out the 10th frame to win my point and also to win the close frame jackpot $120 , i bowl the first 2 shots and strike on both then as i am pushing away for my 3rd shot a MEMBER OF THE STH QUEENSLAND JUNIOR TEAM ON LANES 7-8 who was practising after he had finished league bowled a bad shot and let out a high pitch squeak with his shoe :evil: :evil:

now this little turd wouldn't have known if i had the front 11 and was trying for a 300 , this turd doesn't think about anyone but himself , he has no consideration for anyone else bowling in the centre.

AS FAR AS I AM CONCEARNED THIS TURD NEEDS TO BE THROWN OUT OF ANY REP TEAM AND SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED AGAIN UNTILL HE LEARNS HOW TO RESPECT OTHER BOWLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW AT THIS STAGE I WILL NOT NAME HIM UNTILL I CONTACT TBAQ AND LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM.

bfcc said:
OK NOW THIS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AT LEAGUE AND YES I AM PISSED ABOUT IT AND WILL BE TAKING IT FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was you I would contact your lawyer and sue the kid for lost earnings. This is a very very serious issue and I think you should take all possible legal action. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have a question

For all those who bitch and complain about the attitudes and actions of other bowlers... how's your mental game?

When you get up on the approach can you hear everything going on around you? or do you block it out and concentrate on your shot

When the rack on the lane next to you was full when a ball came out of the ball return and sent balls flying, did you throw your shot in the gutter?
What did you do when the kid at the cafe started screaming when his mum wouldnt let him have an icecream?

Seriously tho. You can't control the actions of others. But you can learn to deal with it. If there are rules against it, they'll get punished. But until then, get up and bowl and block it out!

Two years ago our state sport psych did this activity with us. The whole pres shield team had to get up on the lane and try to distract the bowler as much as they could. This involved noise, actions- anything! At first I couldnt stop laughing, but by the end of it all of us were bowling as though the centre was dead quiet. Funny how I never get distracted by the odd squeaking shoe.

Another thing. You always get the people who really try to put you off. And it doesnt just happen in league. But it seems to have the opposite effect when you ignore them. The next thing you know you've beat them in the head to head match, gained at least 30 pins on them, you're on a high and they feel like shit.

Get my drift?

Really, what would you do if it had been a social bowler - we all seem to live in a "me" only society. But from all the outburst that have been raised here, there really seems to be a problem in Queensland. Maybe you should talk to these "Juniors" and maybe they in turn will respect you, but from what you wrote you don't seem to respect them or have much time for them, or on the other hand, them for you.

bfcc said:

our team is bowling on lanes 1 and 2 at the end of the 3rd game most other teams had finished we were in the 10th frame, i am the 4th bowler in 5 man team league, needing to close out the 10th frame to win my point and also to win the close frame jackpot $120 , i bowl the first 2 shots and strike on both then as i am pushing away for my 3rd shot a MEMBER OF THE STH QUEENSLAND JUNIOR TEAM ON LANES 7-8 who was practising after he had finished league bowled a bad shot and let out a high pitch squeak with his shoe :evil: :evil:

now this little turd wouldn't have known if i had the front 11 and was trying for a 300 , this turd doesn't think about anyone but himself , he has no consideration for anyone else bowling in the centre.

AS FAR AS I AM CONCEARNED THIS TURD NEEDS TO BE THROWN OUT OF ANY REP TEAM AND SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED AGAIN UNTILL HE LEARNS HOW TO RESPECT OTHER BOWLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW AT THIS STAGE I WILL NOT NAME HIM UNTILL I CONTACT TBAQ AND LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM.

Are you high?

There was two sets of lanes BETWEEN you and this other bowler, he has in no way any responsibility to give a toot about you, he does not have to give way to you so do you really think it will be in his mind to keep it down so that you can bowl? And you said you were just pushing away when he let off the squeek. Plenty of time to back out of the shot and re position yourself.

I myself always seem to find distractions that could deter me but don't, and if they do i blame myself for not concentrating. Bowling a junior league last night I had quite a few strings of strikes and again and again younger less experienced people around would walk up infront of me etc but you just cant let things like that get to you.

A sad sad attempt to blame a bad shot on someone else, and ever sadder to say you are gong to pursue it further even. This boy should stay in the team, take Rowdy's advice and learn to to focus on nothing but your shot, then nothing, not even a squeeky shoe (you poor thing) will distract you from your shot.

Michael McDonald
Ciao

Are you high?

isn't that everybody that lives in QLD?

seriously guys, get over it, its like complaining that the shoes squeak on a basketball court;

Oh diddums he was running, and he squeaked his shoes, now I can't play Basketball anymore. I might even *Sue* him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

micheal mcdonald just to let u know i did stop go back and then bowled , i did bowl a good shot and got the money.

what u don't understand is this bowler has be warned by management at the centre was also yellow carded at the junior rolloffs for the same thing and has done nothin to stop this bad habit. something needs to be done before he does it to the wrong bowler and ends up in big trouble and it will happen!!!

Congratulations on your winning, you obviously did the right thing by stopping and starting again. But expecting courtesy from a bowler two pairs away is not likely to happen any time soon. Taking it further is highly unlikely to work. As far as I know there is no rules against shoe squeeking.

And I'm not accusing you of ever doing such a thing, but can you honestly say you have never ever squeeked your shoe? Not even in your younger years? (Unless ofcourse you have those shoes that just don't squeek, I hate them :p)

Back
Top Bottom