Are females allowed to compete with the men in Country Cup?

FOSTER AND PROMOTE

pfffffft

we foster and we promote, they just hate us for doing it, but hey, some one has to

As the Senior Shield team members were told (the majority of which are SATBAs CCup side).

Our centre is not currently (as of Monday 18th) not accredited. As per the rules we need to be bowling in a sanctioned league on which is accredited lanes/centre.

As the rules for Senior Shield state
"(b) Each team player must be a registered member, in good standing, of the local association or registered bowling centre they are representing. They will represent the first centre/country association they are registered with and must not reside within a 60 kilometre radius of the Melbourne area.
(d) Team players must have played on a weekly basis in a recognised TBA league within the local association they wish to represent for at least six (6) months prior to the tournament."

So as the Sale members were told - you must be bowling in an association league 6 months prior to Senior Shield.

So we can have a SATBA league in Morwell for as long as the SATBA is in existence.
I quote
"Participation in the Senior Shield will be limited to one (1) team in each division from the following Associations/Centres; ALBURY/WODONGA, BALLARAT, BENDIGO, COLAC, GEELONG, LATROBE VALLEY, OVENS AND MURRAY (WODONGA), SALE, SHEPPARTON, SUNRAYSIA, WARRNAMBOOL and any other Association/Centre invited to participate by a ¾ majority decision of the above member Associations/Centres."

Associations/centres in plain english means that either association OR centre.

If the centre hasn't paid the TBA then the Association will (but this isnt my call but the entire association and its members not the committee only) to keep the CCup side alive for 2008.
After this year if the SATBA have a league registered at Morwell then the VCTBA would find it tough to challenge. Their (VCTBA) rules say the following for CCup
"Team players must have played on a weekly basis in a recognised TBA league within the local association they wish to represent for at least six (6) months prior to the tournament."

I'm not really sure what meeting half these people were at, but it certainly wasn't the same meeting I was at. There is no way that VCTBA is trying to ban any of the exisiting associations from Country Cup, in fact it is probably the opposite, with everybody present at that meeting bending over backwards to try and help Sale. Even to the extent where solutions are trying to be worked out for them to bowl Senior Shield.
This is an accredited tournament, therefore, all TBA rules apply. And therefore, all bowlers who are registered with TBA must be bowling in a registered centre. This issue was not raised by the VCTBA! but was raised by a person present at the meeting.
As for a constitution, the VCTBA DOES have one and it is open book to whoever wants to read it. We as an association do all within our means to keep our country tournaments going. And what doesn't surprise me, is all those that whinge never go on committees, attend meetings or put their hand up for anything. They just sit in the background and ***** about what everyone else does. If Country Cup is THAT BAD, how about going to your own associations and giving us all of the solutions!
Denece Jones

Hi Denece,
Thankyou for posting, it clears up a few things.
Also I hope that you keep posting so that VCTBA has a voice on this forum, it may stop some chinese whispers in the future, the likes of which have appearantly happened on this issue.
See you in a couple of weeks.

Rob

Hi Denece,
Thankyou for posting, it clears up a few things.
Also I hope that you keep posting so that VCTBA has a voice on this forum, it may stop some chinese whispers in the future, the likes of which have appearantly happened on this issue.
See you in a couple of weeks.
Rob

Couldn't agree more.

:thumbup:

Liz

Back
Top Bottom