Are females allowed to compete with the men in Country Cup?

PS... Have you worked out which tournaments you were quoting as yet?

Would there actually be any in Australia. If you look at the entry forms for almost every event, it either says that this event is "OPEN" to all TBA bowlers or it says this event is "open to all female" bowlers.

I can think of many tournaments were women have bowled in what is said to be a mens tournament (Cara Honeychurch & Kate Wilton - AO at easter - instead of the Ladies Vic150, are 2 that come to mind straight away)

It maybe that because the AO is seen as a mens event, its thought the Ladies are bowling the mens event instead of the ladies event, when in-infact the entry form says its an open event. It does not mention it is a mens event.

Seriously though..what have I done, except to ask a simple question regarding team eligibility?

umm like missed the whole point of country cup and p***ed of a lot of people with childish antics. you seriously sound like you try to ruin things that don't even involve you. you would be doing a lot of people a favour if you zipped it on all these threads!

sorry, slightly off topic for a second. do the paid up members of the TBA get to vote for chairperson???? or is it the committee??? cos after reading some posts here, can think of someone i don't think i'd vote for. just my humble opinion.

i second that one!!

but hopefully if the committee vote, they'll read the stupidity on here and do the right thing!!

N.B. Paragraph (c) uses the non-gender specific term players instead of saying men or ladies. This could be construed as a legal loophole which should be closed before someone challenges the rule's validity.

I would say that the words 'MENS division and LADIES division' are pretty Specific, would you like me to explain the difference?
The words MENS and LADIES would mean you must be a Male or female to bowl in that division, that is the legal requirement of such a statement and the word player refers to 'junior or over age player without being specific' just to clear up that there is no legal loophole of any kind.
Not sure where you got you law degree Mr. Chester and dont see where you are coming from so I hope that clears up this crazy nonsense?

Tournament results from 2003, 2002 and earlier have been expunged by the TotalBowling admin. Without being able to seach results for the proof, I'll have to say I was wrong about women bowling in the mens division. My apologies to all concerned parties.

Would there actually be any in Australia. If you look at the entry forms for almost every event, it either says that this event is "OPEN" to all TBA bowlers or it says this event is "open to all female" bowlers.
I can think of many tournaments were women have bowled in what is said to be a mens tournament (Cara Honeychurch & Kate Wilton - AO at easter - instead of the Ladies Vic150, are 2 that come to mind straight away)
It maybe that because the AO is seen as a mens event, its thought the Ladies are bowling the mens event instead of the ladies event, when in-infact the entry form says its an open event. It does not mention it is a mens event.

A.O = Australian OPEN, open meaning open to all

I don't believe craig is running for the postion. ;)
Seriously though..what have I done, except to ask a simple question regarding team eligibility?

i would run for chair in a few places if i had my way

BUT

unfortuantely its that much of a "closed shop" i don't even bother contemplating the idea anymore

country cup has hardly changed in 30 years, and it won't change in the next 30 years, cause thats the way it is

Well maybe someone might have to bowl C/Cup one year to actually find out what its all about instead of commenting from the grandstand. Im quite sure there would be alot of people lining up to bowl against you. I have my hand up. Thats my two bobs worth

Dean McKinnon

Why just PM wchester???????? I think everyone should know what the VCTBA had to say about the question.. Come on we deserve an answer to the question don't just keep it to yourselves.
Regards
Graham S

Because the VCTBA like to keep everything to themselves so they can change things as they wish.

Gunther

Well here is a challenge Mr Chester if you are up for it

Country Cup at Ballarat Bowl March Sat 8th, Sun 9th and Mon 10th

Game 1 starts 07:00 on all 3 days

The last game on Sat and Sun starts 23:40 and the last game starts at 19:35 on Monday.

If you are serious about wanting to "make changes" for our bowling future whether it be on the VCTBA or the TBA then I am sure that you will be able to meet alot of these people face to face over that weekend when you turn up.

Look forward to meeting you face to face that weekend

country cup has hardly changed in 30 years, and it won't change in the next 30 years, cause thats the way it is
Hmmm...I can feel a soapbox moment coming on but I'll resist the urge except to say that if Country Cup doesn't change it won't be around in 30 years.
May not last 10
Graeme

Hmmm...I can feel a soapbox moment coming on but I'll resist the urge except to say that if Country Cup doesn't change it won't be around in 30 years.
May not last 10
Graeme

Big statement Graeme, please do tell what changes you think are needed, besides an increase in team numbers.:eek:

Not on that soapbox though, Nat might knock you off it;)

Will catch up in a couple of weeks. Can not wait.

Rob

PS... What is this I hear about Nat being a turncoat and bowling left handed???

Big statement yes -- but i can't see 7am starts being popular for the next 30 years. I am glad the men are on second this year -- is it even daylight at 7am?

We have talked possible solutions to death many times over the years without ever coming up with a suitable alternative. I still reckon maximum of 10 teams so that we go back to 18 games over three days. Not sure how we decide which 10 though :surrender:

I still reckon maximum of 10 teams so that we go back to 18 games over three days. Not sure how we decide which 10 though :surrender:
Well Gary what a statement to make at this moment. There a lot of bowlers hot under the collar at Sale. I do not wish to go into all the c.r.a.p. but the impression we are left with is that the VCTBA is trying to make things very difficult for the bowlers because of the relocation. It appears that either Sale is not wanted anymore or they are getting too much pressure from one or more of the other country centres that are not in Ccup to be included.
The bottom line is that Sale will more than likely not be in Ccup but instead of going with 10 or 12 teams they are going to keep it at 11 teams. This way the centres that only have 10 lanes can still host the tourny and teams just sit out for the bye.
I will probably get chastised for this post but I don't care. It seems like yet again politics is rampant and it's the bowlers who are copping it. I'm trying to find what happened to the "Foster and promote the sport of tenpin bowling".
:ranting3::ranting3:
Liz

I will probably get chastised for this post but I don't care. It seems like yet again politics is rampant and it's the bowlers who are copping it. I'm trying to find what happened to the "Foster and promote the sport of tenpin bowling".
:ranting3::ranting3:
Liz

FOSTER AND PROMOTE THE SPORT OF TENPINS.
Is the correct way it is stated in the TBA rules (bylaws) for any association affiliated to the TBA.
This is normally rule No 1 in any association constitution.

This in the eyes of many is not being done by the VCTBA and not just by Sale bowlers. Maybe it's time for a reality check by some on the board.:mad:

Any of the above mentioned (if they think I'm talking about them) are quite welcome to approch me at Ballarat and talk to me.

Yours in bowling
Gunther

FOSTER AND PROMOTE THE SPORT OF TENPINS.....

Again the politics have raised their ugly head. This could be the cause of the death with this tournament unless a suitable alternative is found, and fast. With teams (possibly) exiting, and teams wanting inclusion, there needs to be a suitable alternative found.

At the end of the day, times change, the sport goes through change, centres come and go, and events have to change to cater with all of these other changes.

By denying teams the right to play, they are taking away a basic right for the players who meet the criteria.

NOW, I am going to get off of my soap box before it gives way. Lol.

Maybe the VCTBA could look at something along the lines of Emerson in regards to sticking with the criteria that they have, but running 2 zones and a final? Its sad that such a tournament has to change, but as people have said, if it doesnt, it wont be around at all.

Calm down Liz -- i think you have misunderstood my post.

I was not suggesting we get rid of Sale or anyone specifically. I was suggesting that in my opinion country cup will not survive in its current format of 7am starts and 1 am finishes.

To me the most logical way to improve that is to go back to 10 teams. I don't have the answer for how to do that but i certainly was not suggesting that Sale should go (obviously someone would have to go because we currently have 11). As i said in my previous post "Not sure how we decide which 10 though" --- followed by the white flag of surrender indicating i give up as to how to decide how that can happen - maybe Carmers suggestion of zones is valid -- though i would not like to see Country Cup be a clone of Emerson -- they are both enjoyable for different reasons.

You may feel that people have it in for you or have secret agendas - this may or may not be true - i don't know.

I was just giving my opinion - sorry if that offended you. It certainly was not a veiled attempt at having a dig at Sale.

Gary,

I was not upset by what you said and I apologise if my post indicated that. My gripe is that VCTBA and owners of Sale bowl are caught in a bit of a dispute or what ever. The repercussions of it is that the bowlers are caught in the middle and if certain things aren't done than we can't bowl.

So now that we have incurred all these expenses and we are not allowed to bowl, then we are out of pocket.

On top of that, what do we do with the sponsorship monies we have received? Give it back to the business and look like fools?

It seems like there is one set of rules for us, a different set was used for Bairnsdale, etc.

Who cares about infighting between various groups that do not bowl. Who is out there looking out for the bowlers?

I had better stop or I will have to buy soap boxes by the dozen.......

Liz

Big statement Graeme, please do tell what changes you think are needed, besides an increase in team numbers.:eek:
Not on that soapbox though, Nat might knock you off it;)
Will catch up in a couple of weeks. Can not wait.
Rob
PS... What is this I hear about Nat being a turncoat and bowling left handed???

Doesn't appear to be any room left on the soapbox :(
Country Cup cannot afford to stay the same or else it will just fade away.
Certainly inclusion of centers that fit the criteria (North Geelong, Horsham and Echuca if they are ready)
This of course means smaller centers are no longer able to host Country Cup so possibly 2 divisions, seven teams in each division playing each other 3 times. The bottom two from Division 1 are relegated and the top two from Division 2 are pushed up.
As Gary said there are lots of possibilities that have been discussed and debated. Most bowlers seemed to have entertained the idea of change but we don't know how to move forward.

Graeme

PS
Rob - Nat's right arm is getting a little tired so she is thinking about taking it easy and bowling on the easy side of the house

Back
Top Bottom