What's your average and how does it equate to your true ability?

As long as you participate in the sport that makes you a winner in itself. Im sure most of us Averaged 160 sometime. Long as your having fun and enjoying it thats the main thing.

in the 1yr 4months ive been bowling for i started off at 120-140 and now im a 190-200 avg bowler and getting better but i bowl on wooden lanes also and there subject to fast change but ill be bowling in that center and another center next year so im not just on woodens lanes should be a nice change but my skills probley about 170avg bowler maybe other people probley think different but thats what i feel lol.

Most centres these days lay a "house pattern" where the margin for error is huge. A 210+ ave on these conditions is common. Come out and bowl on a Tournament pattern or sports pattern (or somewhere like Morwell, Melton, Ringwood when it was around) and the margin for error is greatly reduced, and the averages go down accordingly. This is the average l believe reflects a truer ability, and this is what the "poster" of this topic may be referring to.

As a Melton bowler, I can assure you that every Wednesday night the lanes will be different (see sig).

I average 170 at Melton. I used to bowl at Kedron in Brisbane as a fill in for 4 weeks and ended up averaging 216 for 12 games.

I like having a low average because it makes me want more. In saying that, I only bowl 3 games a week.

Our league is normally responsible for the whole Emerson team and nobody has an average over 200.

I also have to use what is within my budget as far as equipment goes.

Stay Classy !!!
Bigsy...

Think I finished with around the 210-215 mark on a house shot that was interesting to say the least. Some weeks would grind to 580-620, other weeks would find 660 a disappointing result.

Would take the grind every time.

As for how it equates to my true ability, I'd like to think that I would be capable of averaging over 195 on most patterns (based on having sufficient practice).

Back
Top Bottom