What should a Rachuig team member expect from a Rachuig coac

ok having bowled in rachuig 3 years i have come to recognise some of the responsibilities of a rachuig coach.

they're responsible for knowing each bowlers game and suggesting possible moves and changes if they notive the bowler is truglling. they are also responsible for pointing out any technical problems a bowler might be having . he can see these problems where the actual bowler cant. also coachs can suggest possible lineup changes to the manager or who ever is running that aspect...

The coach should also be on the practice pair helping the bowlers out who are just about to enter into the lineup.

ok last but not least the coahc has the huge responsiblity of knowing the shortest route to the bottle O after wach grueling day of competition!

CHEERS

peace out

tha DJ

Well like the guru he is , Toms seems to keep coming up with the answers, or more to the point he is only one of few to put his balls on the table and tell them straight

Such a shame that Rachuig in Perth cannot attract the likes of Kury, Hart, Wimbridge, Skupin, Ball, Bushell, Fragall

Maybe they're are not world beaters but if any of you have seen these guys bowl together and they are what I consider Rachuig material - Why is that - cause they are a team

Maybe a Rachuig coach needs to be able to create a cohesive work group and be able to get the team to work with one another. I like alot over the years I'm sure have played in teams where there has been anomosity and this is the worse thing possible

For me yes a Rachuig coach should be able to get into peoples heads and acknowledge what problems maybe occurring however this will only come about with years of 1 on 1, believe me its not going to happen in 5 months once a week 3 hrs on a Saturday afternoon.

I agree a coach needs to be up with the latest techno on ball surfaces, drillings, polishes etc, how to get the best of the equipment you have on hand

I like others here have had many coaches help over the years but none better than my father and he has never coached my physical game once but like Sandy and Tom he knows whats going on up stairs and when ur head is right theres no way ur game is going to be on line

So a coach needs to be alot and for what no thanks when they win and lots of bagging when they lose - poor buggers lose lose situation

Not for me

All I want to see is all the bowlers in Perth try out for Rachuig and get behind one another to format a proper selection process and win the bloody thing
icon_biggrin.gif

So maybe we should ask the question in reverse. What should a coach expect from his/her team members?

I wonder how many coaches will be game enough to post.
(Come on Gail I know you read this forum...)

These pretzels ARE making me thirsty.
How would you coach the guys you mention ,or as Andrew said,see it from the other side of the fence.
If i was the Rachuig coach and say had Michael Muir and Harty or Frawls..Billy..Brenton..etc etc..or the FIQ to cater for, this is how i would handle it.
Id have a one on one session first up.
Bring along all the balls they currently use.
What i would be learning would be ,seeing the hook factor/reaction on each ball.Seeing the different releases they can comfortably handle,and what reaction changes occur.
I would get them to see where the out of bounds..or limits.. were from each ball.
See how each ball reacts when shooting deep inside,down the line,the outside shot.
Some ball weights act negatively when thrown from deep inside,but are dynamite from an outside line.etc,etc.
We would do this over a 3 stage period,on conditions same as what happens in a Rachuig during a day..oil first up..half oil/carry down..next to no oil/near the end of the day.
On the last day..most times the business end.
This way bowler and coach know what ball ,which roll..which release does what and on what condition.
Not really like a coach but like a great caddy.What do you think Mr Muir, a 5 or 6 iron for this lane.
I would do this with all 7 bowlers.
I would ask them to fine tune their equipment during league..make more ball chages,different lines..get out of comfort zone lines under matchplay conditions.
I dont want to tell them things,i want them to tell me..this ball can only break so much..this rolls out..yaddy yaddy yaddy.
The rest of the lead up to Rachuig would be BBQ,s,card nites, keeping in touch socially.
The only times we would hit the lanes again would be with who ever bought a new ball.
As Rachuig coach i would attend any t,ment,s that were on, as i would exspect Rachuig reps.to bowl in anything that resembled a t,ment..including h/c ones..thats the next cog up practise from league.
Discussions would be centred around optimum ball/line selection...5 or 6 iron.I would exspect that after sighter balls,the bowler would have eliminated the possible balls to use down to two..and fairly positive which one to start with..and on what line.
When we got to the Rachuig venue,coaching would be pretty simple.
All the balls would come out again,and we would check the hook factors /break areas,and note the variances from home lanes.
By the time the Nationals were over,sngles/dbles/teams..the limits of all the equipment would be known.
On the first day...you/the team are prepared.
I wouldnt be bothered talking about the mental side of things..comfort mentally comes from knowing your gear is effective on that condition,and you have got a shot.
Bowlers who stuff up when those two elements are there sit out,and put it down to a bad hair day.
With a good nites sleep you know they will perform the next day.

That way the focus remains on the lanes,for they are the true enemy to master..not your competitors..not yourself.
Just an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom