What should I expect from a new ball??

Trent083

Ive not long ago ordered my new ball, this is only the first one since I started with reactive balls, and ive no idea what to expect from it, ive got a small inkling, but as I havent bowled with it yet I dont know what its going to do

The conditions on my home lanes vary somewhat, from light/medium oil, to light/dry and the ball ive got on its way is a Visionary Violet Gargoyle

Hi There, depending on how much hand u have and how aggressive you get the ball drilled on light/med oil expect the violet gargoyle to hook and then some. I would say prepare to stand deep and throw it out wide..........good luck

I have seen so many people use this ball and it looks awesome. Personally if i want to find out about a ball i look up reviews on the net for them or even in the ball review section of this site. Just hope that your ball driller listens to what u want the ball to do for you and he/she drills it perfectly for you. Like any ball you get it may take a while to work out the kinks but Im sure you will do fine in time.

I would say to expect nothing until you've got the feel for the ball. Everything takes a bit of getting used to and yours will be no exception to this.
I had a loan of an AMB Solid for a couple of weeks and it was bloody excellent. Took a bit of getting used to, but it was a ball that wanted to work with you rather than against you. I would have bought the damn thing if I could (too many balls already, and a wife on a short fuse as well). Ah well...

Trent083 said:
Ive not long ago ordered my new ball, this is only the first one since I started with reactive balls, and ive no idea what to expect from it, ive got a small inkling, but as I havent bowled with it yet I dont know what its going to do
The conditions on my home lanes vary somewhat, from light/medium oil, to light/dry and the ball ive got on its way is a Visionary Violet Gargoyle

How did this go Trent??????????

Havent used it yet mate, havent had the chance to get it drilled, as the only local guys I want to go to are half an hour away, and I work 5 days a week, its a bit hard to get it done, im hoping to do it at some stage this week

Got it drilled tonight, ive never had a bowling ball feel nicer just sitting in the hand, it felt great, cant wait to use it tomorrow night.

Well, 12 months on, and I couldn't have been happier with the gargoyle, since I started using it in may last year, my average has risen 23 pins, im more consistent with my scoring, and have hit more high games than with previous equipment, definately one happy camper here.

Just got to get it polished/lightly sanded now and im back in business.

Back
Top Bottom